Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ratchet and Clank PS4 Trailer Released!

So, it seems like the R&C game isn't going to be just a straight remake of the first game, but is going to be a re imagining of the first game with new enemies, worlds, and bosses. I was already going to buy it, because the first game I feel is really clunky and I figured they would fix a lot of those problems, but now I'm really excited about it! Ratchet and Clank is one of my favorite series of all time and definitely my favorite Sony exclusive franchise.

Here's the trailer:

Well that looks pretty neat, even if I've never gotten into the franchise myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Well that looks pretty neat, even if I've never gotten into the franchise myself.
    It will definitely be a good jumping on point, because it tells the origin story of Ratchet and Clank and their friendship.

Here's gameplay as well as a pretty good interview.

- - - Updated - - -

God the game looks absolutely gorgeous. Although, the game has always impressed with the art style and the increased power of Sony's consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Well it's a semi new origin story so perfect time to get into it. Not entirely a reboot and not entirely a remake somewhere in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jak and Daxter when? Not that I don't like Ratchet and Clank but I prefer the other duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Jak and Daxter when? Not that I don't like Ratchet and Clank but I prefer the other duo.
    Naughty Dog is not going to make another Jak, so it would be a crap shoot in the hands of another studio. Ratchet and Clank is still being made by the studio who originated it, Insomniac.

Also game is $39.99 at launch. All the more reason to jump on the bandwagon. The visuals of the game look stunning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crash Bandicoot or GTFO.

Deleted
    And I'm just here sitting and waiting for a new Spyro game with modern graphics but classic gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Crash Bandicoot or GTFO.
    Or this, I could do with a new Crash Bandicoot.

Deleted
    Have to say it does look really amazing. Ratchet and Clank series was one of my favourites (at least until that Gladiator game, 4th one I think?) along with Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter so I'm really excited for this.

Woohoo, definitely getting this! I'm hoping for Sly Cooper reboot based on movie next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Naughty Dog is not going to make another Jak, so it would be a crap shoot in the hands of another studio. Ratchet and Clank is still being made by the studio who originated it, Insomniac.

Also game is $39.99 at launch. All the more reason to jump on the bandwagon. The visuals of the game look stunning.
    I don't know. Sucker Punch handed off Sly Cooper to Sanzaru, and while the game wasn't quite as good as 2 and 3, it was still a solid entry in the series. Naughty Dog has expressed interest in making anothr Jak and Daxter, but right now they're focused on other projects.

Honestly though, I think Naughty Dog should find a company that can do the series justice and hand it off to them like Sucker Punch did.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I don't know. Sucker Punch handed off Sly Cooper to Sanzaru, and while the game wasn't quite as good as 2 and 3, it was still a solid entry in the series. Naughty Dog has expressed interest in making anothr Jak and Daxter, but right now they're focused on other projects.

Honestly though, I think Naughty Dog should find a company that can do the series justice and hand it off to them like Sucker Punch did.
    Sucker Punch didn't hand off Sly Cooper to anyone. Sanzaru went to Sony with a working demo of Thieves in Time and said this is what we can do with a franchise that is laying dead, and Sony green lit it. Had literally jack all to do with Sucker Punch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Sucker Punch didn't hand off Sly Cooper to anyone. Sanzaru went to Sony with a working demo of Thieves in Time and said this is what we can do with a franchise that is laying dead, and Sony green lit it. Had literally jack all to do with Sucker Punch.
    Potato patoto, regardless if it's Sony or Naughty Dog that makes the decision, I think they should hand the franchise off to a developer that's passionate about it. Fans get a new Jak and Daxter game and Naughty Dog is free to explore their creative genius.

Potato patoto, regardless if it's Sony or Naughty Dog that makes the decision, I think they should hand the franchise off to a developer that's passionate about it. Fans get a new Jak and Daxter game and Naughty Dog is free to explore their creative genius.
    Yet, you do realize if it was so easy for them to find a developer both passionate about Jak and who could pull it off it would have already happened right?

It's like there are a million AAA studios out there who can pull off cartoony platformers with both great charm and gameplay or something? Why don't we see more of them then?

Let's also remember Thieves in Time was an accident. If Sanzaru didn't get emotionally attached to Sly after making the HD collection they never make a TiT demo, game never exists.

Instead about crying what you don't get, be happy with what you do get with Sly and R&C and if a studio ever pops up that can handle Jak then be happy with that. It's not like western studios are brimming with excitement to make these type of games. If not for Sony and Nintendo the AAA platformer space would be all but dead period right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    But.. my tears just won't stop coming. I need Jak and Daxter in my life or I'll die Never change Tech. I love you just the way you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    But.. my tears just won't stop coming. I need Jak and Daxter in my life or I'll die Never change Tech. I love you just the way you are.
    Did you forget what happened the last time another studio made a Jak and Daxter game?

Jak got a voice actor change for some reason. Had a complete personality change and wasn't the same character anymore. The story was mediocre at best. The gameplay while solid was incredibly dull and repetitive. Not being able to play as Dark and Light Jak wasn't worth the bland eco powers. We also got a boring on-rails flying rail shooter. Hardly what I'd call a fun game.

Having a Jak and Daxter game that combines the elements of a third person shooter, a platforming game, and an open world on the PS4 would be something that would sell out in stores. After Uncharted 4 I seriously hope Naughty Dog considers this over making another The Last of Us.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2015-06-11 at 06:21 AM.

honestly, as cool as a new jak and daxter game would be, i don't trust it. naughty dog's got it's head too far up it's ass now days, judging from some of the things said by the head dude. i don't want them to fuck it up.

as for this remake... i don't think i like the idea of it. i hate how all these movies and shit now days are "re-imaginings". the spiderman movies, the fucking fantastic four movie, now it's starting in games with ratchet and clank, and probably a few others i've had the good luck to not hear of yet.

just fucking leave the IP if you want to change it. changing shit just to do it is stupid.

This looks great. I just picked up a PS4 over the weekend (finally replaced my broken ps3). I was disappointed to learn that my new ps4 is not backwards compatible with ps3 games. /sigh

Guess I should be happy though. I picked up the white ps4 system, with 2 controllers and 3 games for 300 bucks. I think it was a decent deal. Not sure about the games. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    This looks great. I just picked up a PS4 over the weekend (finally replaced my broken ps3). I was disappointed to learn that my new ps4 is not backwards compatible with ps3 games. /sigh

Guess I should be happy though. I picked up the white ps4 system, with 2 controllers and 3 games for 300 bucks. I think it was a decent deal. Not sure about the games. =P
    Wow that was a really good deal. Also, there's a Playstation Now thing where you pay a monthly fee and you can stream some PS3 games to your PS4. It doesn't have everything, but they are constantly adding more games to the roster. I think it's like 15 dollars a month.

Lol the memories.. Think i played this game when i was around 10 years old on playstation 2.