Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disney Infinity ending; Disney no longer a publisher; Avalanche Studios shut down

Yep.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dis.../1100-6439677/

Kind of a shock. Didn't see this one coming.

Feel sorry for those who invested a lot in this game series. It's likely going to be available for local play but it's not clear if the online components are still going to be available.

As noted in the thread subject and articles, Disney will no longer self-publish any games, and will rely solely on licensing deals for future products.

I can only assume the game wasn't profitable somehow, or they could have sold or spun-off Avalanche.
    Last edited by PixelFox; 2016-05-10 at 09:59 PM.

Now much as i would love to say gaming figures are finally dying off with little kids so game stores in my country can stop being 3/4'ths skylanders, infinity and amiibos with one aisle for videogames i imagine the moneys just shifted to amiibos exclusively now.

I just bought the game like 3 weeks ago. Does this also mean all the figures won't be made anymore, I kinda want a complete collection...

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    My nephew will be pissed he loved those games.

Heh, was just talking to my wife about getting back into this. Glad we were putting it off.
    For its part, Activision has also said that its toys-to-life game, Skylanders, is underperforming.
    Weird. Could have sworn that thing was printing money.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2016-05-10 at 11:52 PM.

Now to kill skylanders.....

BURN IT QUICK
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they reprint more Pit, Palutena, Rosalina, and Lucina figures first. Gosh!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

So does that mean their attempt at Skylanders wasn't a commercial success?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Yeah, because at first it was a unique thing to buy, but then lots of companies came with something similar. People only have so much money to buy these characters, they have to stop somewhere. And besides, the novelty has pretty much run off by now. Each new installment is pretty much the same old shit.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha good, they just tried to rip off what Skylanders was doing and failed. I like seeing Disney struggle, they deserve it for all rehashing shit they are doing these days.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    I can only assume the game wasn't profitable somehow, or they could have sold or spun-off Avalanche.
    When you pour over $100 million into a game, when it's not even going to sell enough copies and merchandise at a timely rate, it's not going to be a sucess...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    When you pour over $100 million into a game, when it's not even going to sell enough copies and merchandise at a timely rate, it's not going to be a sucess...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I hope they reprint more Pit, Palutena, Rosalina, and Lucina figures first. Gosh!
    I see Palutena and Pit fairly often. They're out there. Check Target, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart any time you're in or near one, stop in and check.

Deleted
    Noooooooooooooooooo!

Oh wait, I don't give a rat's ass!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Heh, was just talking to my wife about getting back into this. Glad we were putting it off.

"For its part, Activision has also said that its toys-to-life game, Skylanders, is underperforming."
    "Underperforming" for Activision means not each set is selling more than the last one, doesn't mean that it isn't making them an immense profit

Deleted
    Is it "ripping" if you rip from rippers? I mean, since when had Activision own ideas for new games..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I see Palutena and Pit fairly often. They're out there. Check Target, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart any time you're in or near one, stop in and check.
    Thanks actually, I barely go to Walmart anymore as I usually late night shop at my local Kroger every other night at around 11pm. I'll go check sometime.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I never got into this. Skylanders will probably end up the same way which is unfortunate because I hear Skylanders is actually a pretty fun game. Like a Heroes of the Storm/Diablo 3 for kids.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Hopefully Skylanders and the Amiibo shit will die along with it. Was never a fan of disc-locked content.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Is it "ripping" if you rip from rippers? I mean, since when had Activision own ideas for new games..
    Yeah, there's really nothing unique about Skylanders, except for the "physical toy DLC" part of it.

The game itself is a very generic hack&slash RPG with some light platforming and easy puzzle solving.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I haven't seen Pit, gonna have to keep an extra eye out, ended up settling for Dark Pit :x

Also kinda sad to see in a way, but at the same time, the market was starting to get saturated. Not sure if I see Amiibos going anywhere though aside from Nintendo running out of characters to make them of, since they're bought for collection purposes too, and they work for multiple games rather than just a single series.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Hopefully Skylanders and the Amiibo shit will die along with it. Was never a fan of disc-locked content.
    Skylanders sure, but Amiibos? There's like, one game with that, and it's considered completely pointless anyway (The extra dungeon in Twilight Princess on the Wii U)