10+ Year Old Account

Classes represented in the Warcraft movie?

I was wondering recently about which classes were represented in the Warcraft movie. I assumed that mages, warriors and warlock was the three classes readily recognisable. Were there any others?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    think thats mostly it. didn't see any hunters, paladins, rogues, shamans, druids or priests

dk's, dh's and monks weren't around canon-wise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    think thats mostly it. didn't see any hunters, paladins, rogues, shamans, druids or priests

Paladins were not around either. They came to be in the 2nd war, to counter Death Knights. (Not the DKs we know today)
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Garona was in the movie , and she's a rogue.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Well, there was Garona, the rogue...
    I'm also pretty sure that some of the orcs could be considered hunters, seen how they were fighting with their wolves (bows not being excluded).

The fellow in the opening also resembled a paladin (seen how he was wearing a librarm); but at that point in time paladins were not a thing yet.

think thats mostly it. didn't see any rogues
    Except for the one most obvious and famous one in the lore, eh?
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-06-06 at 01:26 PM.

Hunters were around, there was a dwarf with a gun iirc.

Deleted
    Warrior, Mage, Warlock, Rogue, Hunter, maybe Paladin? As far as I remember ^^ Was there any druids? Rip, would love to see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Hunters were around, there was a dwarf with a gun iirc.

That was Magni and he is warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    To be pedantic I guess you could say we saw Footmen, grunts, peasants, peons, knights, raiders, conjurer, warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    To be pedantic I guess you could say we saw Footmen, grunts, peasants, peons, knights, raiders, conjurer, warlock
    Garona was in a movie and she's one of the most favourite rogues, pay attention .

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Garona was in a movie and she's one of the most favourite rogues, pay attention .
    Maybe gryphon rider at a stretch

Quote Originally Posted by nero stormchester View Post
    garona was in a movie and she's one of the most favourite rogues, pay attention .
    yeah man! Pay attention!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    yeah man! Pay attention!
    But most rogues subtly use stealth so you can't see them! So how would I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Warrior, Mage, Warlock, Rogue, Hunter, maybe Paladin? As far as I remember ^^ Was there any druids? Rip, would love to see.
    Druids weren't a thing yet either. I think they came with the introduction of Night elves in Warcraft 3.

I'm hoping they end up making a series of movies based on everything Warcraft and the later ones will include more class fantasy as more classes come into play. I think a lot of "classes" in the original warcraft games were not as defined until WC3 with the introduction of heroes. Those playable heroes are where we get a lot of class ideas from. Paladins and Death Knights were straight up hero classes, shamans were as well but were Farseers I believe. I think this is why those ones were special. Death Knight obviously being called a hero class and the paladin and shamans being faction specific in Vanilla. As for the rest, a lot of classes were defined better by units like the druids of the claw, blood elf priest units, etc. but they were more prominent in WC3 still. So... I guess we wait.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    ok one rogue, maybe. would you have called her a rogue at that point though? I thought it was later that she was more rogue-like

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    But most rogues subtly use stealth so you can't see them! So how would I know?
    But.... pay attention man!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But.... pay attention man!
    I have shamed myself.

- - - Updated - - -

ok one rogue, maybe. would you have called her a rogue at that point though? I thought it was later that she was more rogue-like
    I'd say still peon status

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Druids weren't a thing yet either. I think they came with the introduction of Night elves in Warcraft 3.

I'm hoping they end up making a series of movies based on everything Warcraft and the later ones will include more class fantasy as more classes come into play. I think a lot of "classes" in the original warcraft games were not as defined until WC3 with the introduction of heroes. Those playable heroes are where we get a lot of class ideas from. Paladins and Death Knights were straight up hero classes, shamans were as well but were Farseers I believe. I think this is why those ones were special. Death Knight obviously being called a hero class and the paladin and shamans being faction specific in Vanilla. As for the rest, a lot of classes were defined better by units like the druids of the claw, blood elf priest units, etc. but they were more prominent in WC3 still. So... I guess we wait.
    I agree. The later games certainly added variety and heroes that portrayed those classes. Later films will hopefully do something similar.

Warriors. A crap tone of bad, standing in the fire, warriors.