Thread: Graphics Card

Deleted

Graphics Card

Just wondering if anyone cold advise me with a new graphics card, not the best with computers so was looking for some help.
    Will be mainly playing wow, dabble into a few other games now and again, looking at spending no more than £250 would like to spend as little as possible.
    Thanks for any help.

Deleted
    What are you currently using?

Also which CPU do you have?

Wait until after E3 at this point. AMD is revealing their new lineup june 16th.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    What are you currently using?

Also which CPU do you have?
    My graphics card is broke so currently do not have one. Cpu is AMD Phenom 9850 Quad Core

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenjinGoku View Post
    My graphics card is broke so currently do not have one. Cpu is AMD Phenom 9850 Quad Core
    You'd probably get the best overall performance changing CPU+motherboard+GPU:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor (£86.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£48.74 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB DirectCU II Video Card (£89.99 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £225.72
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-11 15:05 BST+0100

If you want the absolute best bang for the money, get a GTX 970. Can sometimes be found for £250. It's got 4GB of VRAM (well, 3.5GB+0.5GB, it's complicated but drivers fuzz over any drawbacks). Roughly twice the power of a PS4, so should play everything at 60fps for quite some time.

If you want to spend less, the R9 280 isn't bad either, and doesn't feel the need to drop to 2GB of VRAM. It might not be able to do 60fps on everything, but will certainly outpace a PS4.

But as Notarget pointed out, your CPU is also lacking. You can either replace the whole lot now, or just replace the GPU and accept that some games will not run at their best until you upgrade the rest.

Personally, I'd recommend getting a decent GPU (to get you up and running) and then saving a bit more for a i5-4690K (or whatever the recommended gaming CPU is by then) and a motherboard. That way you can put off reinstalling Windows (which normally goes hand-in-hand with a new motherboard) until Win 10 is out.

There really is only few choices:

Gtx 750ti for budget

gtx 970 for premium

980ti for over-kill, well for gaming under 1444p anyway.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.