Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I'd say the most surprising part of the movie is that the Black Guy survived, that's like never happened before.
    Right?! I thought for sure he was going to get it.

I really liked his character in the movie, so I'm glad he made it into the Black Guy Survives Movie Hall of Fame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytoma View Post
    The movie was alright, I liked it for the most part but I don't think it was amazing. I go to be entertained by dinosaurs and dont really care about the scientific inaccuracies because I go in understanding its doesn't have to be perfect in that regard. The one thing that did bug me was in the end when all the non I. Rex dinosaurs decided the I. Rex was evil and united as a force to kill it, ignoring easy targets or just walking away. This especially includes the water dinosaur that would have no clue about the fight that was going on up on the sidewalk but randomly decided it should jump out and eat that guy. If he can do that, why wouldn't he have just done that to tourists already?
    T-Rex n I-Rex went for each other cuz the other was the biggest threat, you don't go for a raptor when a T-Rex is charging..and the T-Rex is stupid, it had no idea where it was pushing the I-Rex. The Mosasaur did eat people before, that lady that was supposed to watch over the boys, fell into the water together with that flying reptile that tried to fly off with her as a prey but failed cuz humans are too heavy, so the Mosasaur came up from below n swallowed them both at the same time.
    The I-Rex's tail was hovering over the water...

kinda like this
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2015-06-14 at 11:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    You know what's bothered me more about the movie? The premise behind why all hell breaks loose.

So you're telling me, after a number of failed attempts to get this shit open, that someone had the bright idea to give it another try?

Even more stupid is that someone had the bright idea to genetically engineer a new dinosaur with enough intelligence to make shit get real?

Whose bright idea was this? Someone give him a fucking cookie.
    Well tbf we're led to believe the park has been open for over 15 years (the director ignores Jurassic Park III) so during that entire time it ran relatively smoothly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    The movie was good but the last 10 minutes or so were just too much. The raptor T-rex Mosasoaur combo to take out the Irex was stupid and unnecessary. Is the original rex crushing the Irex's skull in her jaws somehow not epic enough?
    Well the ending was predictable BUT the point was the I rex was stronger than the T Rex and smarter than the raptor. Having an old T Rex (shes well over 25) beat a stronger smarter younger apex predator IS illogical

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    T-Rex n I-Rex were focused on fighting each other, recognized the biggest threat, the raptor was adding to the fight, just happens to have been in T-Rex favor, then the Mosasaur came with all that splashing, things falling into the water n I-Rex's tail hovering over the water unintentionally baiting the Mosasaur. Being the biggest predator n in its watery element, Mosasaur finished off the I-Rex. Afterwards, the raptor which is smart, was backing away slowly from the T-Rex, walking backwards slowly, signaling it was no threat n the T-Rex dismissed it as such, was tired n hurt from the fight, so T-Rex moved on. Was no advanced T-Rex n Raptor communication...T-Rex is just an animal, doesn't want to kill everything in sight all the time, like Lions don't want to wipe out everything they spot on the savannah all the time, especially not after having gone through a huge fight, so in this way the T-Rex n Raptor situation was more realistic than they fighting each other...also, the Mosasaur probably spooked the T-Rex n would rather not hang around..
    THIS

People seem to forgot animals communicate all the time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by avatarshaoran View Post

P.S. Am I the only that believes the T.Rex is the same one from the 1st movie? I believe so, the flare bait gave me the impression. If she indeed was, she must be pretty old, that would explain her almost death from the I. Rex.
    It's pretty common knowledge it's the same one

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing worth bitching about is how an over-hyped movie with mediocre reviews makes more money in it's weekend release than Ex Machina and Mad Max Fury Road (that have far better reviews and audience ratings) just because drooling zombies see Jurassic Park in the title.

worst movie i have seen in ages. wasnt the scientific part that was bad...who cares about that its a science fiction movie. the acting wasnt great, the storyline is retarded, and the ending was absolutely abysmal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I doubt it was the same one. This was set 20 (40?) years after the first park happened (they said it in the film). They used the flare because the T-Rex's vision is still based on movement and they had trained the T-Rex to come to it for its food- scene in the film shows them throwing a flare on a goat in its enclosure.

It's mainly using the flare for nostalgia reasons because of the first film.
    there is no doubt.

http://i.imgur.com/9eSOcaj.jpg

+ scars on the neck, + she looked really old in the movie. how many rexes do you know with major scars on the neck in Nublar?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well scientists are now accepting that modern day birds are descendents of dinosaurs.. On another note scientists have also found soft tissue from 75 million year old bones http://www.history.com/news/scientis...dinosaur-bones http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...306469/?no-ist ..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2015-06-14 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I can't open that but the only scars I saw were after its fight with the Indomanus Rex and we see it viewing the whole park and walking freely at the end.

And nothing I can find says it was - only speculation.
    Then read - http://www.jurassicworld.com/park-ma...s-rex-kingdom/

Also she had 2 sets of scars when she was on top of the helipad, ones were bleeding from the recent fight the others were from ending of JP1.

edit: even the director confirmed it.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=119896

edit again: Here are your scars.
    Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2015-06-14 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    On another note scientists have also found soft tissue from 75 million year old bones
    way you say it like this, it sounds like you're saying it's a first and scientist will learn something new. This was just a junk collection that had soft tissue, which is only news worthy since it was junk fossils. Soft tissue has been found a few times before.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    way you say it like this, it sounds like you're saying it's a first and scientist will learn something new. This was just a junk collection that had soft tissue, which is only news worthy since it was junk fossils. Soft tissue has been found a few times before.
    Well it is since before those discoveries scientists believed that all soft tissues could not survive the fossilization process, with these new findings they are now thinking differently..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    those discoveries
    yes those previously ones, not this one you're linking. Just saying.