Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They don't even work in the same department so I can't see how it could be construed as a conflict of interest.
    Depends on the type of business. In mine, for example, there are a few scams people in different departments can run together.

Edit: I don't forbid any personal relationships, but I sure do pay attention.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Depends on the type of business. In mine, for example, there are a few scams people in different departments can run together.

Edit: I don't forbid any personal relationships, but I sure do pay attention.
    nah, we have nothing to do with each other at work. Second date today, went well!
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    nah, we have nothing to do with each other at work. Second date today, went well!
    /highfive

...I played board games on the patio with half of the scheduled staff. Woohoo!

What did you do on your date?

10+ Year Old Account
    We went to dinner and then watched X-files at my house on the couch, we cuddled. I don't move very fast sooo yeah.
    You're a towel.

So, recently, through an online dating service, I was "matched up" with someone that I thought I recognized, and after we showed up to our date, it turns out we work at the same place! That my seem strange, but we have many departments where I work, and I don't know everybody, and neither does she.

Is this something that should continue on, in a normal relationship? We got along really well, but its kind of weird knowing we both work at the same place :P
    As long as she's not in the same department or your subordinate go for it
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    I always think dating co workers is a horrible Idea, I wouldn't do it, and if someone working under me did it, did it and didn't report it, I would give them the option of quitting or transferring one out.

But as long as you don't work near each other,or your jobs have nothing to do with one another, I don't see an immediate conflict. I'd probably not tell anybody unless you actually get serious.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

We went to dinner and then watched X-files at my house on the couch, we cuddled. I don't move very fast sooo yeah.
    Applebees? J/K.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Applebees? J/K.
    No applebees around here, was a local place. Kind of spendy, sad because I volunteered to pay.
    You're a towel.