Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd try to work with them a little bit, ask them personally to tone down the noise.

If they didn't, I'd file a noise complaint with no warning when I was fed up with it. But you know, places I have lived are pretty chill. No one has given me shit for getting loud during the game or getting a little too competitive while gaming and in return I don't make a big deal about it when they are a little rowdy.

I mean, someone reports you or you report them, it all kind of devolves into a petty get even match and everyone loses.

Do you have kids of your own? Are you an adult at all?
    my sister does and her oldest is hell on two feet. her mom just doesn't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I'm afraid that that's actually how it is, kids are kids and kids are loud when they play.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have kids of your own? Are you an adult at all?
    In most cases they don't even play, just a random out of the blue tantrums that result in both the children shrieking and their parents yelling at them.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i had a friend mention a few things that might be fun to try:

play some music really loudly with tons of swearing in it. mostly some Eminem or other rap music that fills the minds of youth with new four letter words to use.

or send the neighbors a mysterious package/envelope with some white powder in it.

or try this:
    what u need is a timer thats counting down, some fancy looking wires, a clock that ticks, and a package to put it all in.

make sure its all anonymous. oh and if those dont work u can call the police probly.
    I'm pretty sure going to prison creates another type of neighbor problems.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    If MMO Champion threads have taught me anything, the only solution to your problem is to call in a military air strike, because nobody on this site has any idea how to handle a situation in any manner that is not completely overblown.
    LOL soo true

Just return in kind. Make as much noise as possible whenever you have sex.
    Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    If MMO Champion threads have taught me anything, the only solution to your problem is to call in a military air strike, because nobody on this site has any idea how to handle a situation in any manner that is not completely overblown.
    Desperate situations call for drastic methods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Wouldn't that put them in defensive mode if I let off steam at them?
    Do it in a non-aggressive way, back off from violence of any kind. Throw your arms around a bit and remind them of the law and such without making any threats. They will figure it out in the end unless they are psychos.

Contact landlord, if problem goes unsolved for 1 more week. Threaten tenant that makes lots of noise with CPS if she can't control her kids.
    This. Will. Work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    In most cases they don't even play, just a random out of the blue tantrums that result in both the children shrieking and their parents yelling at them.
    Yes I tend to see this happening a lot more often lately. The general thought of ''letting the kid be a kid'', is fine by itself, but you shouldn't pull the whole neighbourhood down the drain with you just because you wanted to have kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sounds like an amazing family. That shrieking is learned behavior from their parents. I know plenty of children who know how to behave well and don't throw tantrums. I wish people had to pass some kind of a test to be parents.
    Well we're clearly not talking about civil mannered children here ofcourse, if that was the case I wouldn't have started the thread :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Talk the parents in a civil manner about it. If it doesn't change, go talk to your building manager about it.
    Yes I think that's the best way to do it, just be polite and ask nicely. Next step is reporting this because in a month or so I'm afraid my roof is falling on me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Contact landlord, if problem goes unsolved for 1 more week. Threaten tenant that makes lots of noise with CPS if she can't control her kids.
    This. Will. Work.
    Well CPS is taking it a bit too far :P though if it was legit I would definitely do it ofcourse. Today really sounded like such a day but oh well everyone has those days I guess. It's just that people can be angry and people can be angry. I've never been that angry for like 5 years or so.

- - - Updated - - -

She'll laugh at you because CPS isn't a joke. The mother could press chargers against you for making false CPS claims/reports. You can't abuse a system that is in place to protect actual abused children.
    No indeed then I'm probably the one who gets bitten, and we don't want that happening ofcourse!

Call CPS and say one of the kids said their dad touches them.

Omg.... again:
    CPS claims are anonymous and all are valid until proven otherwise.

Not when abuse of the system is suspected. You can't just make false claims.
    Nothing's false if you believe it.

Again, I don't even think you can even report anonymously. And if you want to keep going with the lies, you can but you can be prosecuted.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs...se%20Reporting
    You can report murderers anonymously. I'm pretty sure you can report kiddie fiddlers.

Or, at least, people you choose to call kiddie fiddlers and then report so you can study in peace. Apples and oranges.

Anonymous to CPS means the person you're reporting will not know it was you. CPS will want your info, because they don't fuck around with fake CPS calls from idiots that feel like abusing the system. It's not a damn joke and telling people to do that is really fucked up of you.

You can face fines and jail time.

Your head: -------------------------

I mean, we can discuss your ignorance or you can continue to make lines.
    I'm pretty sure the latter would amount to the most intelligent discussion you've had on MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    better to play loud music all the time and never shutoff your stereo. make sure its as adult as possible too, you can move to more drastic measures later. but 10 hours of the same songs will usually encourage the kids to get out of the apartment. or the parents too.
    Whoever comes up with these fight fire with fire ideas has no clue. Terrible idea. Here's the thing, you cannot report a noise complaint against them, but they and everyone else can do that to you since you're an adult.

To OP; Sorry to say but there's nothing you can do about it. I've experienced it first hand. On that regard I also tried to make their lives a living hell since the fucking parent didn't even care. There was a park literally 1 block away from the property and she would let the kids play inside on beautiful sunny days. She would also babysit her friends kids on weekends and so I got lucky on this regard and was able to call the cops. While they can't do anything about her kids, they sure can when she's babysitting others. Anyway, apparently I wasn't the only tenant that complained about them and 2 previous tenants were forced to move out because of the kids. The landlord had enough of it and decided to sell the property since he couldn't just kick them out. To be honest, i'm fucking glad because it felt like I took them down with me. So many sleepless nights, sigh. Now I'm just relieved I moved in a wonderful place with Japanese neighbors upstairs. You can't even hear the hardwood floors creak. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Hmm how do you mean as adult as possible? I like your thinking because it's annoying I'm always trying to be as quiet as possible and there's so much difference in society with people just simply not caring. Threat fire with fire sometimes.
    what i meant is play the most vile- hate filled racist or ghetto swearing rap cds u can find. constantly at high volume. something that says FUck and shit and ni**er in every other sentence. idk what artists to specify since i dont listen to rap. but trust me 12 hours of that on repeat will drive them nuts. also make sure your stereo isnt overly loud though incase you become in violation of the laws. u can download a Decibel reader app and see how it goes. theres other songs u could play instead but try it with the rap first. children are prone to repeat stuff often so.. ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Whoever comes up with these fight fire with fire ideas has no clue. Terrible idea. Here's the thing, you cannot report a noise complaint against them, but they and everyone else can do that to you since you're an adult.
    your post really isnt helping. keeping the noise in acceptable lvls isnt breaking the law, and as a parent, YOUR children are YOUR responsibility. the blame goes to the parents if they cant keep things under control they should either move or have CPS step in. you can also send the neighbors this if you want to try something drastic. lol
    http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/wp-co...of-300x300.jpg
    Last edited by announced; 2015-06-14 at 07:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had noise problems with 3 different neighbors.

The first one I knew for years (not in a friendly way, but we said "hi" and had at least had some interaction before), she moved her bass next to my wall so it was insanely loud. I left a note asking her to turn it down and signed it. She came over and we had a short talk; it's been fine since.

Second time was with new neighbors who were, 100%, the worst people I've ever met. Noise covered the block from 11am-10pm(sometimes 1am). I politely asked them to lower it a few times and listened to them mock me after. After a couple weeks I started calling the landlord to complain. Called the police (one dispatcher told me they don't respond to noise complaints, so I'd say they were shouting at each other or fighting, not always a lie). I also did other, less legal things to get any semblance of payback. It got so bad that I had to change my sleep routine to get any peace. Despite all the complaints by people in the complex, they weren't evicted, but the landlord did move them to a different apt so it worked out a little for me. Exactly a year after they moved in they were kicked out. P.S. Noise cancelling headphones don't help with stomping/bass, they actually make it worse because all the other little noises that help buffer them are gone.

After they were kicked I had a month of peace, then the third tenant moved in. He was much better, but never turned his tv off, and it was always loud. The kind of loud where I couldn't hear my tv 4 feet away over his. I started to wonder if it was me. Wanting to avoid the previous shit of walking up the stairs, being nice, listening to their bullshit, then walking back down, I just banged on the ceiling till he got the message. Eventually he came down and we talked about it, nice and all, and he said he'd try to be quieter. (Then he said I should've just been a man and talked to him face-to-face, he said this to his friends in his room after retelling the story. Ballsy stance.) Turned out he was mentally fucked up. About 6 months, a lot of landlord complaining, and a fight later, he turned it down to not-horrible levels. Every now and then he tries to slowly raise it, like he's being sly, and I have to bang some more.

Noisy kids aren't something you can just turn down. I don't know what you can really do about them, but first thing to gauge is what kind of people the parents are. If they seem like assholes, don't bother trying to be cordial. "Threatening" them with a formal complaint won't do shit. If you don't have any kind of previous experience with them, don't even bother. When your introduction is "Hi, I live below you, please stfu" it's not going to go well, no matter how nicely you put it. You sound a lot like I did in that you want to be "respectful" and give them a chance, but it doesn't work, and once you give yourself away they assume every complaint is yours. It makes everything worse. At the time I also thought it would be freeing, that I could be extra loud whenever I wanted and they couldn't call me on it, but I never had noisy things to do in the first place, and any noisy thing I created was just as distracting to me as to them; turning the tv on loud and leaving for a few hours just made me feel shitty because I'm better than that. More importantly, it did nothing to improve things. So, I'd really just tell you to complain to the landlord/front desk/whoever's in charge. The lesson from earlier examples is that complaining. Takes. Forever to get results. Months! So the soon you start, the sooner things get done. Complain over and over, every day they're loud. Make sure to say they're keeping you from sleeping, or interrupting your work. Mention ways that they're having an impact on your life beyond being annoying.

Also maybe fill their mailbox keyhole with superglue/break toothpicks in them. But not if you've already tried talking to them, obviously. This is why talking to them just limits your options.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2015-06-14 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.