Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Will 'neckbeard' Wheaton played his new standard character. Episode before finale was good, last ep for the season was ok. Was that the second or third time they tazered the droid, they should really look into that issue. I do hope it returns for another season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Will 'neckbeard' Wheaton played his new standard character.
    Honestly, I felt he worked out pretty well. Sure, he came across as a little wooden and unbelievable, but that was the point, since very little of what he said was true. And he's a scientist, not a spy; he's just a bad liar.

Was that the second or third time they tazered the droid, they should really look into that issue.
    To be fair, they did make the point in an earlier episode that bullets and such are pretty damned ineffective on androids. And the people who keep tazing her know enough to realize that, which is why they use the tazer in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Only if you are really, really desperate about watching a new sci-fi, and are really, really bored.

Hell, even Defiance and Falling skies are better alternatives. And those are really crap compared to Stargate/ Trek.

There is no plot in this, basically just 6 random fellas woke up in a ship, and we see them handle guns, kill people, and fight like ninjas.

Killjoys is a tiny bit better, though main actress has an annoying british accent. Acting is way better than this though.
    I have not watched the most recent season of Falling Skies, but the one before this one was just terrible.

As for comparing Dark Matter to Star Trek and Stargate, do you remember the first season of SG-1 and TNG? They were pretty terrible. Dark Matter is actually pretty good compared to those. I am willing to give it a shot and see where it goes next season at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Man, As much as I love Wheaton I though he was pretty bad in this... I think he needs to realise he's NOT an actor and just stick to being himself.

As for the finalé... Big ole heaping pile of WTF. Tbh it seemed more like a midseason break than a season finale to me, but whatever.

Also, is it just me Or is something REALLY off with 5? I mean sure, she's adorable, but I think that might be a cover for her evil. I mean look at the facts, 6 found out that she was the one to wipe everyone's memory and then mysteriously gets knocked out before he can tell anyone... I think she's the baddie in all this. That last scene with him and the GA was a smokescreen
    Yeah, I was thinking it was 5 up until she got gassed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking it was 5 up until she got gassed.
    To be fair, one doesn't rule out the other . Since we now KNOW what she did, it's not out of the grasp of reality to think she has some kind of plan. It just didn't involve the GA showing up and ruining everything...

Also, I think we really need to draw more attention to Zoie Palmer, she's been great this whole season, that scene in the finalé where she's talking to the hologram version of herself was brilliant, probably the best in the episode.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Plus, can you really compare anything to Star Trek and Stargate? That's like comparing Hill Street Blues with Veronica Mars.
    Might as well compare it to Stargate. It's written by the same people and has several actors that were regulars in Atlantis. Also Jodelle Ferland (five) played young Adria in SG-1.

Dark Matter and Killjoys renewed for second season

http://www.blastr.com/2015-9-1/syfy-...second-seasons

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome. Both shows worthy of a second season, hope we get more Wil in season 2 of DM.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    just watched all of it and I gotta say this is pretty good, I'm looking forward to season 2 8)

This is on netflix now, i need to finish it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Good to hear, I like this show(Dark Matter). Though they should cancel Defiance and pump more money into this show. Some of the sets look... uh... not very well done.
    The sets are... horrible. Space stations on the inside look like just regular office buildings on Earth.
    There is also very little backstory, absolutely no info about the universe they are in. Also they seem to be aiming for quite complex character backstories but I don't think that they present it in the right way. Everything seems just... unfinished. For example, there was a lot of talk about the prince and the empire, but we didn't see the mighty empire, we didn't see their armies, their fleet, their ships, their cities, etc. We saw a couple of rooms with people dressed in the appropriate style.
    Let's hope they improve on that in the second season.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-10-30 at 10:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh lack of budget isn't a dealbreaker. If they show does well, it will get more money, a lot of shows how quite cheap first seasons, then when the network realise that it's worth it, they pour in more money.

I actually wasn't upset by the office building look, there's no reason why a stairwell has to look fancy. Sometimes these details are a bit over done in shows. Lets be honest, have stairwells and hallways actually changed much in the previous 300 years? No, so why should they change drastically in the next 300 years?

I don't mind the office building look, they all can't have huge cargo area's like the Sulaco or garbage chute looking dorm access like the Serenity.

Dark Matter returns to Syfy on July 1st at 10 pm.

I think i'll start this over from the beginning, not sure where I left off. It's been sitting in my to watch queue on the 'flix for months now.

First trailer for season 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoop woop!

It took me a while to get into this show, but get into it I did! Can't wait for season 2. And not Just to see five again...

eek, it was all going so well until the end of the epsisode... season 2 ep 1, how could they.. i quite liked the guy in that incarnation... i hope it's only temprorary and he gets fixed in the next episode

- - - Updated - - -

what i really want is for both one in his orignal form (don't know what actor plays him) and the guy he was impersonating to both feature... that would be very very interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    eek, it was all going so well until the end of the epsisode... season 2 ep 1, how could they..
    My thinking too....how the fuck....