Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Twelve Dead, Zoo Animals Loose After Floods

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/eight-dead...l?vp=1#3nEvslS

This is terrible news for everybody, after a big flood in Georgia a number of animals escaped! Three zoo workers are among the dead, and 10 more people are missing, unfortunately 20 wolves, eight lions, white tigers, tigers, jackals, jaguars have either been shot dead by special forces or are missing. Apparently only 3 out of 17 penguins survived. A hippopotamus was videod too on the loose

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really awful. I feel bad for the people that died and animals likewise.

Also I thought this was the state Georgia, not the country.

7+ Year Old Account
    The head of the Georgian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Ilia II, was quoted by Interfax as telling a mass that Georgia's former Communist rulers could be seen as being involved in the disaster.
    He said: "When Communists came to us in this country, they ordered that all crosses and bells of the churches be melted down and the money used to build the zoo," he said.
    "The sin will not go without punishment.
    That part is interesting as fuck, but I digress. Maybe keeping wild animals on display in densely populated areas prone to flooding isn't such a great idea after all =/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hot4you View Post
    That part is interesting as fuck, but I digress. Maybe keeping wild animals on display in densely populated areas prone to flooding isn't such a great idea after all =/
    Maybe keeping wild animals on display at all isn't such a great idea. Zoos should be closed. Only reason some zoos should exist is for conservatory reasons or scientific research, not for amusement. If you want to see gorgeous animals, watch a BBC documentary, no need to cage animals for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

A hippo got loose? Run, leave all your valuables behind. Hippos are fucking terrifying.

That is terrible. How could a flood do all that? Did they not have measures in place?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    That is terrible. How could a flood do all that? Did they not have measures in place?
    Yeah that sounds weird to me, too. I guess they were just behind walls (no ceiling) and floated over those walls during the flood
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Maybe keeping wild animals on display at all isn't such a great idea. Zoos should be closed. Only reason some zoos should exist is for conservatory reasons or scientific research, not for amusement. If you want to see gorgeous animals, watch a BBC documentary, no need to cage animals for that.
    You can't have conservation without funding and zoos play an important in that. You can bitch about zoos all you want but fact remains without them a number of animals would be extinct. Zoos provide education, funding and a safe haven for breeding endangered animals

Yeah that sounds weird to me, too. I guess they were just behind walls (no ceiling) and floated over those walls during the flood
    Now endangered and rare animals are being killed left and right and civilians are in danger from the animals. Its a lose/lose situation. Especially since it seems that trained professionals are not the ones going after the animals. Then you have the ones missing having the possibility of introducing an invasive species into the habitat there.

- - - Updated - - -

Only way they are going to get any kind of funding is from the zoo and charging admission. Not a lot of places care to just drop tons of money on conservation. Its also a lot easier to protect an animal in a limited area then in the wild, in its natural habitat. The more zoo's, the more room there is to protect and grow a species population.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I believe the water damaged the bars/doors thus how they escaped. It was probably an under maintained zoo, doubtful it will reopen

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I believe the water damaged the bars/doors thus how they escaped. It was probably an under maintained zoo, doubtful it will reopen
    I interned at a Zoo for my vet degree, even ours here in Tennessee (relatively new and still growing) was horribly under-maintained, it seems like a lot of construction materials they get is either low quality or in bad condition. About the only quality stuff they get is the food and cleaning supplies. The actual Zoo system feels like a bit of afterthought, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was shoddy building that caused this to happen the way it did.

It's a shame but most of those animals will probably have to be terminated, if they don't die off from being domesticated and not knowing how t live in the wild they can repopulate, then we'll have a dangerous species out in the woods who have been bred or trained to associate humans with food and handouts and thus lost their fear. And I don't exactly see the government caring enough to have them non-lethally neutralized and transferred to a new Zoo.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2015-06-14 at 03:24 PM.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This feels like the gritty/realist/European reboot of Jumanji—tragic and totally humorless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    A hippo got loose? Run, leave all your valuables behind. Hippos are fucking terrifying.
    The only animal Steve Irwin was afraid of, as I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    Did the flood or the Zoo animals kill people?

The head of the Georgian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Ilia II, was quoted by Interfax as telling a mass that Georgia's former Communist rulers could be seen as being involved in the disaster.
    He said: "When Communists came to us in this country, they ordered that all crosses and bells of the churches be melted down and the money used to build the zoo," he said.
    "The sin will not go without punishment.
    "I am very sorry that Georgians fell so that a zoo was built at the expense of destroyed churches."
    Wow.....................
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-06-14 at 04:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Unsure if sarcastic but hippos kill more people in Africa than any other animal and can bite a crocodile in two

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Did the flood or the Zoo animals kill people?
    It's unknown at the moment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's unknown at the moment
    I bet the flood.

Love how they tried to turn it into a religious rambling shit at the end... gah people just dont know when to stop ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    I bet the flood.
    I don't know, depends how severe. It's not unlikely an animal killed somebody out of fear or by accident

Hmm wild animals back in the wild I like the sound of that, to bad the filthy humans will probably kill them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Hmm wild animals back in the wild I like the sound of that, to bad the filthy humans will probably kill them.
    Pretty sure lions tigers hippos and jaguars aren't native to Georgia

If we catch them, can we keep them?