Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Mastery is slightly ahead of multistrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post

I'm confused, how is Unholy Blight + Necrotic Plague simming the lowest out of the three 100 talents for Unholy AoE?
    Maxximus <NO MEDAL BOYS> - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanyde View Post
    I'm confused, how is Unholy Blight + Necrotic Plague simming the lowest out of the three 100 talents for Unholy AoE?
    The sims likely assume all adds are within the defile for its full duration. If only NP was a little more weak and frost had a way to extending it

Were going to be in patch 6.2, not 6.1. 6.1 stuff doesnt matter anymore.

Probably more like 3. And yes, Unholy will be dead. Unholy relies on the class trinket from the last boss to be competitive. DWF doesnt. Huge advantage.

Notice all of Skulls tweets lately are almost purely focused on DWF? Theres a reason.

DWF 15k ahead of Unholy on aoe before Unholy gets Class trinket. Yea, rip Unholy.

Where were all these Knights of Balance when Frost was doing piss poor throughout BRF? The class goes through swings just like every other class. Either play what you like and accept you won't be providing the best DPS that your class is capable of, or suck it up and provide the best DPS your class is capable of while playing a spec you don't necessarily like. The game has always been this way. I absolutely hate UH, but decided to play it this patch for the sake of the guild, now it's your turn.

The biggest and best change for me in oblit doing less pvp damage to players. Might mean from now on frost will finally be within a slim margin of unholy. Been something i have wanted for a long time. Sick of frost getting a nerf stick because of pvp then being left in the dust by unholy.

you get to choose between two dps specs. practice both and play whichever has the upper hand on any given patch.

i tend to play alts each expansion anyways, so if something get too out of whack i just switch class altogether. i love more than one class so it isn't a big deal to swap for my raid team to give us the best chance.

ideally every spec would always be perfectly balanced, but we know that's not going to happen.

Hey Skullflower, I just want to thank you for all the hard work you've committed to the Death Knight community. You've done so much and can't wait to see what other info you come up with. Thanks again

On Topic: I don't mind one spec being more superior on certain fights and swapping, the issue is secondary stats etc and having three weapons available. I do hope DW can shine more than the sims show, but normally Unholy ends up topping during the end of the tier. At least Blizzard is doing what they can to balance the two specs, and I do hope they just remove 2H Frost from the game.

http://i.imgur.com/8jjM8qp.png

Unholy isnt topping that. Dont worry, youll be DW.

Unholy isnt topping that. Dont worry, youll be DW.

Where did you get that from? Been looking for something like this for a while.

Regarding the macros from page 1, I'm not at home now so I can't test it, but I believe they have a problem. Since startattack is after the ability, if you don't have resources to use the ability or are out of range you will not autoattack. I always put startattack first for this reason. For example, here's my HB macro.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /use [mod]Chains of Ice;Howling Blast

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Regarding the macros from page 1, I'm not at home now so I can't test it, but I believe they have a problem. Since startattack is after the ability, if you don't have resources to use the ability or are out of range you will not autoattack. I always put startattack first for this reason. For example, here's my HB macro.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /use [mod]Chains of Ice;Howling Blast
    Not necessary anymore. The latest PTR build will now begin your autoattacks when you open with spells like Howling Blast, Outbreak, Death Coil, etc.

Yep, and thanks for getting that fixed!

Deleted
    So, does someone have 6.2 DWF rotation helper weakauras?

It's just masterfrost, what do you need a weakaura for?

Skull did you ever post the weak auras for the t18 2 set?

- T18 2p weakaura: http://pastebin.com/uny7rJgy , Updated DK Group weakauras: http://pastebin.com/71UtaGbQ

- Updated Frost/Unholy guides with new sims from tier nerfs and added bits of info

- Updated T18 spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1462568764

Does anyone know how normal hfc citadel trinkets compare to mythic brf trinkets? If you cant get them the first reset on heroic is worth it to try and get the normal versions? Especially empty drinking horn seems to be so op.

Quote Originally Posted by killcani View Post
    Does anyone know how normal hfc citadel trinkets compare to mythic brf trinkets? If you cant get them the first reset on heroic is worth it to try and get the normal versions? Especially empty drinking horn seems to be so op.
    http://summonstone.com/deathknight/frost/#simulations

How does the Stone of Fire/Winds/Elements (alchemy trinkets) compare to the Mythic BRF and heroic HFC trinkets? Currently trying to judge if they're worth making and I can't find anything on this.

Deleted
    Skullflower, I assume the trinket simulations on Summonstone don't reflect the latest nerfs?