Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Ye I usually take the light bulbs, pillow's and covers, the mattress, the bed frame, the Wall paper, the chair and table, the shower head, the mirrors, the sink and toilet, the carpets, the curtains, the door handles and the soap. When you pay for the room you cover the cost of it all so its ok with them if you take a few bits and pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I take a lot of shit, not just from hotels. I struggle to not swipe stuff from places, just because it's fun. Anything that stands out to me. I've got spoons from resturaunts and glasses and bread baskets and all sorts.

I occasionally hide the bible they have in hotel rooms too, or remove leviticus.
    You burn the Quran in your leisure time too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Well thats a silly definition then since the literal definition of a pint is 16 fluid ounces. I guess their government reps drank too much when they came up with that law
    The British use the Imperial system, the US doesn't use the Imperial system, this means that Britain has man pints, whilst the US has girly pints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The British use the Imperial system, the US doesn't use the Imperial system, this means that Britain has man pints, whilst the US has girly pints.
    Silly me. I was always taught that the US used the Imperial system, and the UK used the Metric system. I always figured the English would order their beers in Milliletres

10+ Year Old Account
    Silly me. I was always taught that the US used the Imperial system, and the UK used the Metric system.
    The Imperial system wasn't implemented in the British Empire until 1824. Can you guess why the US doesn't use the Imperial system?

Deleted
    Silly me. I was always taught that the US used the Imperial system, and the UK used the Metric system.
    I was always taught the US uses the wrong measurements while the UK drives on the wrong side of the road but it was by no means judgemental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The Imperial system wasn't implemented in the British Empire until 1824. Can you guess why the US doesn't use the Imperial system?
    But we do. We use feet, yards, miles, inches etc... which is Imperial Measurements. Its why you make fun of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, the hotel stuff is usually cheap shit so I don't see a point when i have nicer already.

10+ Year Old Account
    But we do. We use feet, yards, miles, inches etc... which is Imperial Measurements. Its why you make fun of us.
    In Britain we use feet, yards, miles and inches as well. We also use pints, gallons, pounds and stones.

You use pounds, but not stones, however stones is an Imperial measurement. So if you are using the Imperial system why are your pints/gallons not Imperial and why don't you use stones? I gave you a clue earlier.

It's also not the reason we make fun of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take the amenities (shampoo, lotion, ect) almost every time and I suggest you do so as well.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I work away on business a fair bit and have a rather large collection of lager pint glasses - fancy ones like

do you take things from hotels and do you consider it morally wrong. Note that it costs ~ £4.50 per pint in hotels.
    You'd be surprised what people will give you if you just ask for it. I've got a decent pint/mug/misc glass collection as well, and I've never stolen anything. I paid for a few of them. One of them was real interesting though. My local place has pretty cool pint glasses, and I asked for one... They took down my info, and a few weeks later gave me one with my name engraved on it. For free. I guess if they judge you a "regular", they will give you stuff.

On the topic of hotels, though, if I started using it (shampoo, soap, etc), I'll take it home, because I know that they'll just toss it anyway.

I seem to have a collection of Gideon Bibles on my bookshelf...

...oh shit, I'm going to hell.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just take the consumables - Shampoo, soap, etc. I accidentally (actually) took a wash cloth once though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Hotels get the pint glasses you're discussing for free.

Whenever you buy alcohol in large volumes they will usually have promotions to give you branded glassware for free - from people like Coca Cola / Stella etc having their brand on glassware in a hotel is basically just free marketing.

So whenever you take branded glassware you won't be costing the hotel anything which is probably why they don't really care.
    Are you kidding me? So if you were to go to someone's house and "take" their branded glass that they got from a promotion, that's not stealing because they didn't pay directly for the glass? I'm amazed how some people can justify things. WOW!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its still theft even if you put the word in quotation marks...
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I take a lot of shit, not just from hotels. I struggle to not swipe stuff from places, just because it's fun. Anything that stands out to me. I've got spoons from resturaunts and glasses and bread baskets and all sorts.

I occasionally hide the bible they have in hotel rooms too, or remove leviticus.
    You beautiful soul! You've always got something great to say. Might I suggest gluing the bible to the ceiling.
    That, my friend, is called building an empire.

I have felt no need to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been to a hotel in years, so no, I don't.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the distinct impression that the price of the room included things like towels and what not so it was ok to take them.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    no because theft is illegal.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.