Some nice info in this ign video http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/03/07...exus-ign-first

The fact that there is a quest called Ryder family secrets makes my Cerberus boner rise again. Cerberus or no something is fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    For someone who has never played any Mass Effect games, could Andromeda be worth a shot?

EDIT: actually nevermind, watched some gameplay videos and it looked awful
    Ya I'm sure you had time to watch plenty of videos the the 5 min between your edits, head back to gen ot if you want to troll

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Ya I'm sure you had time to watch plenty of videos the the 5 min between your edits, head back to gen ot if you want to troll
    No, I was being genuine. I thought it was more of an RPG kind of game, but when I was browsing through stuff I noticed the actual gameplay is 99% pewpew 3rd person shooter instead of something like Fallout, Witcher or Elder Scrolls....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

No, I was being genuine. I thought it was more of an RPG kind of game, but when I was browsing through stuff I noticed the actual gameplay is 99% pewpew 3rd person shooter instead of something like Fallout, Witcher or Elder Scrolls....
    Its a rpg with shooter gameplay. just because it has fun combat doesn't mean its not a rpg. rpg elements have been at the forefront of bioware games for ages, its only with the advent of me 2 that they started to care about fun game play.

Most of the trailers cut out the storyline elements for spoiler reasons, but they are there in game, the first 13+ min of the game are only dialogue and story, ign has a video on it.

Hell the main characters dad gets pissed at you if you don't explore enough on the first planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p_wFVfDxJQ first 13 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo this is 17 min of combat as they cut out most of the rpg elements

- - - Updated - - -

outside of missions or planet exploring there inst even combat, Your ship and the main space station are just dialogue and rpg stuff

Its a rpg with shooter gameplay. just because it has fun combat doesn't mean its not a rpg. rpg elements have been at the forefront of bioware games for ages, its only with the advent of me 2 that they started to care about fun game play.

Most of the trailers cut out the storyline elements for spoiler reasons, but they are there in game, the first 13+ min of the game are only dialogue and story, ign has a video on it.

Hell the main characters dad gets pissed at you if you don't explore enough on the first planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p_wFVfDxJQ first 13 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo this is 17 min of combat as they cut out most of the rpg elements

- - - Updated - - -

outside of missions or planet exploring there inst even combat, Your ship and the main space station are just dialogue and rpg stuff
    Mass Effect lacks actual Dice Rolling and total RNG bullshit real RPG combat has.

So yeah, we have RPG character progression, but no RPG combat.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which is exactly why they are going extinct because of the genophage. Its funny how you say no then state the exact same thing.
    No I didn't. I said they are going extinct because they refused to let go of their warlike culture, now that they lack the swelled numbers they had before. Their inability to cope with the idea that they have limited offspring (rather than the virtually unlimited offspring they had before) is what's driving them extinct. Its entirely possible for the race as a whole to thrive if only they would chill the fuck out.

You do have a point that the psychological strain of losing so many kids before any of them are actually born can cause devastation in the mind and culture of a specie, but their decline is as much their own fault as it is the genophage.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I haven't been paying much attention to this game but still probably intend on buying it.

Anyone know if there's going to be a similar multiplayer in this game like the one in Mass Effect 3? Not really sure why I found that mode so interesting, on paper is seems kinda repetitive... but I liked it.

I have a hard time taking this sentence seriously, considering Bethesda turned Fallout into a (bad) FPS, The Witcher had Arkham-style action combat since TW2, and Elder Scrolls has always been a first person slashing simulator where the story is few things more than an excuse.

EDIT: @ Very Tired: Andromeda's multiplayer, as far as we know, will be very similar to ME3's; teams of four, different objectives, waves of enemies. There is some added stuff, such as modifiers (the one I saw made your guns do 50% less damage but also deal 200% extra headshot damage) and a connection to single-player that I haven't seen explained yet, albeit the devs have said that unlike in ME3 there won't be any story elemnts that require multiplayer.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-03-08 at 01:17 AM.

The Krogans biggest problem is cultural not medical, Eve talks in length about this issue. Male Krogan evolved to be selfish and violent, they needed to be giving the nature of being a hunter and protector in primal Tuchanka. Meanwhile the females were back at camp, left to actually get shit done. Before the Salarians came the females provided a relatively peaceful intelligent voice of cooperation to the Krogan people. The males would blow shit up while the females went to fixing things, trying to reason, there was some level of balance. Eve out right call Wrex a mutant because he care about the Krogan people and the Galaxy as a whole not just his own power.

That all changed with the Salarians, suddenly it wasn't the females the males were listening to it was the Salarians, females started to become marginalized. After the rachni were handled the Salarians basically said later bros and left them to their own devices. No one listened to the females words of caution and wisdom anymore. Without the female impact there was no balance to the violent expansionist tendencies of the males so we had the rebellions.

The genophage made things worse, it turned the already marginalized females into breeding fodder, items to be fought over. Thus the males started killing each other or said fuck it and did merc work, With their lowered birth rate, the increasing krogan fatalities over took the reduced number of births.

This changes when Eve comes around. Instead of other Krogan males that would have treated her like spoils of war, property, Wrex treated her like an equal, and the Krogan finally had a chance again. If you kill Wrex, Wrev calls Eve a nag and outright states the Krogan now free of the genophage will swell in numbers again and conquer the Galaxy.

The Andromidan krogan actually listen to their females, meaning less deaths to fighting and stupid shit, allowing their population to stabilize and finally increase even with the genophage.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-03-08 at 01:27 AM.

Deleted
    ME3 was a Gears of War clone so atleast we are moving in a good direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I haven't been paying much attention to this game but still probably intend on buying it.

Anyone know if there's going to be a similar multiplayer in this game like the one in Mass Effect 3? Not really sure why I found that mode so interesting, on paper is seems kinda repetitive... but I liked it.
    There will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Mass Effect lacks actual Dice Rolling and total RNG bullshit real RPG combat has.

So yeah, we have RPG character progression, but no RPG combat.
    Who cares? Rolling a d20 is not a staple of RPG. Heck, some RPGs don't even use dice. It doesn't make them not RPGs. Some RPGs don't even have levels.

An "RPG" is a "Role Playing Game". MEA may be an F/TPSRPG but it's still an RPG.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No, that's not what it says. AI had simulations with predictions, but that wasn't adequate enough for AI for obvious reasons, so Quarians came to the rescue with the data that Geth gathered with their Mass Relay powered FTL-telescope - they had ACTUAL no time gap, non-simulated, real data.
    Yes, and then, as it says, our predictive models confirmed them. Which I have an issue with: those predictive models had to be based on a very hi-res observational data, which I'm not sure is possible to obtain physically for such a tiny size-to-distance ratio.

It seems I was wrong with my initial judgment however, as microlensing allows us to detect large planets in Andromeda even today:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First...d-113678.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    https://www.overclock3d.net/news/sof...ct_andromeda/1

Full PC benchmarks are probably a bit away yet, and unclear what resolution was used, but Nvidia has released an indication about what kind of performance one might expect out of their Kepler and Pascal series of gpus running at high settings with Andromeda.

I would guess it's at 1080p or possibly 1440p, since the 780 is unlikely to manage to do 40 fps in 4k.

[IMG]https://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/articles/2017/03/06045526401l.jpg[IMG]
    For UHD, divide those numbers by 4-8...

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wonder if anybody on the Andromeda Initiative brought any Quantum Entaglement Communicators with them? ME has established that QEC can grant instantenious communication, no matter the distance between them.

Someone amongst the Initiative could be aware of what has happened in the Milky Way after their departure.
    I don't think they have: from what I understand, QEC requires regular re-calibrations with the electrons on the other end to avoid spontaneous "detanglement", which isn't going to happen, given the distance of 2.5 million LY to the Milky Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Technically, Liara could still be alive, and about 740-ish years old in ME:Andromeda? :P
    Again, she will be 740 + 2.5 million years old from our perspective. Although, if she travels on an Arc-like ship to Andromeda soon after beating the Reapers, then we can definitely see her there.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Who cares? Rolling a d20 is not a staple of RPG. Heck, some RPGs don't even use dice. It doesn't make them not RPGs. Some RPGs don't even have levels.

An "RPG" is a "Role Playing Game". MEA may be an F/TPSRPG but it's still an RPG.
    He stated his distain to Mass Effect's combat, then provided examples of games where proverbial dice rolling and RNG plays big part of combat. So he is looking for those qualities in his RPGs.

a interesting article about all our space waifus and husbandos

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/07/eve...zzing-bioware/

Something interesting is that Cora is apparently a tougher sale romance than the other first female human companion romances. See Ashely and Miranda, where as you can start flirting with Peebee immediately.

Also at 2:38 on this video http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/03/07...exus-ign-first we see an object of interest in Dadryders cabin...... A model of the Normady SR 2 not the SR1 which would make sense, the SR2......... A model like the one in the SR2s cabin.

In 2185 when the Ai launched she was still in Cerberus control. Why would Dadryder have a model of a Cerberus ship......

At 3:12 in the same video we see a side quest called Ryder Family Secretes....

Im not saying Cerberus buttttt Cerberus

God i sound like the ancient Aliens guy i think i need help

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    No I didn't. I said they are going extinct because they refused to let go of their warlike culture, now that they lack the swelled numbers they had before. Their inability to cope with the idea that they have limited offspring (rather than the virtually unlimited offspring they had before) is what's driving them extinct. Its entirely possible for the race as a whole to thrive if only they would chill the fuck out.
    Their culture of lacking self preservation is not what is causing them to go extinct though. It is the genophage. With out the genophage they wouldn't be going extinct. Them not considering their slower replenishment is a symptom of the genophage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't think they have: from what I understand, QEC requires regular re-calibrations with the electrons on the other end to avoid spontaneous "detanglement", which isn't going to happen, given the distance of 2.5 million LY to the Milky Way.
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Ext...tors_.28QEC.29

There is no indication that you need to constantly configure them. That would defeat the whole concept of Quantum Entanglement and how that works at the most basic of levels. It is only logical that they would have brought some along. The problem is that they likely wouldn't have survived the Reaper Conflict given that their HQ seems to be in earth space.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not saying Cerberus buttttt Cerberus
    Mass effect 2 happened during 2185 as well. Given the events that happen there is no reason to limit a model of the sr2 to Cerberus. Remember Alec is an N7 and he might just be a fan of one of the most famous N7's there is.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

so long as they continue to be free, I don't mind.

What I'm really hoping is that they don't put extra squad members behind a paywall. That's one of the few things I think Inquisition did right. Whatever else can be said about that game, you had access to your entire party just with the basic purchase.
    I don't think having extra squad members behind dlc is such a bad thing as long as they handle it in a way similar to something like Fallout 4. Let's say they add some new explorable planets in a dlc, it would be nice to have a new squad member to add some extra insight into that new planet as you travel around it and they could have the new squad member's storyline directly tie in with the storyline of the dlc.
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2017-03-08 at 03:54 AM.

Their culture of lacking self preservation is not what is causing them to go extinct though. It is the genophage. With out the genophage they wouldn't be going extinct. Them not considering their slower replenishment is a symptom of the genophage.
    We can keep this dance until the end of the universe, but the result is still the same.

With the genophage, but a culture less inclined towards war, they would not go extinct. The genophage simply brings their birth rates from "rabbits and hamsters on steroids" to "humans". They chill the fuck out, they can have viable numbers. They're not sterile, they just need to take a chill pill and focus on rebuilding.

We can keep this dance until the end of the universe, but the result is still the same.

With the genophage, but a culture less inclined towards war, they would not go extinct. The genophage simply brings their birth rates from "rabbits and hamsters on steroids" to "humans". They chill the fuck out, they can have viable numbers. They're not sterile, they just need to take a chill pill and focus on rebuilding.
    well.. there is still a matter of severe emotional distress associated with losing so many of your children that can cause some very negative behavioral changes, but numerically, you are very much correct.

Mass effect 2 happened during 2185 as well. Given the events that happen there is no reason to limit a model of the sr2 to Cerberus. Remember Alec is an N7 and he might just be a fan of one of the most famous N7's there is.
    If it was the SR1 it wouldn't be suspicious at all

The problem is until her retrofit in 2186 the SR2 was still considered a Cerberus ship, and throughout the majority of 2185 Shep was working with Cerberus against the collectors.

Ya dadryder might have looked past the fact SR2 being a Cerberus ship at the time, but where did he get the model. In me2 Shep's cabin comes with it. Unless some non Cerberus company somehow got the scans and started mass production of to scale SR2 models before the Ai launch date, and dadryder found the time to go novelty shopping while he was prepairing, i dont see how he could have got it except being in on building the SR2

Cerberus was only disavowed by the alliance shortly before Me 1, before that it was a sanctioned Allience black ops organization. Dadryder was his generations Shepard and a genius AI scientist to boot, every N7 probably ran ops with Cerberus when it was still an official alliance outfit. If TIM wanted to create an AI(Edi) Dadryder should have been his first call.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    well.. there is still a matter of severe emotional distress associated with losing so many of your children that can cause some very negative behavioral changes, but numerically, you are very much correct.
    Well yes, there's that. That factor does influences Krogan behavior and why they're so fatalists. Its hard to see a point in breeding if only 1 in a thousand kids will survive. They lack the perspective that other races have clutches of only 1 or 3 kids at most during their entire lifespans and they do okay.

The trauma associated with losing so many kids is definitely a factor in their aggression, which is why I helped cure the genophage in ME3, but like I said, their extinction is every bit as much their fault as it is the genophage's.

In an entirely different galaxy, with a more temperate climate, and a different breed of leadership, its entirely possible for a krogan colony to thrive despite the genophage, as long as they keep themselves in check. Which clan Nakmor seems like its capable of doing. Not every krogan is an aggressive meathead like Wreav.