Glad I bought Nier instead of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Maybe compared to previous games, but I played a Reaver in DA:I. And you don't care about your companions when you're playing a Reaver.
    Reaver was SO badass. You utterly annihilate stuff.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop complaining about the facial animations you sexists!

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    The AI was ALWAYS terrible at using tactics in Dragon Age and previous ME games.
    In Dragon AGe Origins I had no problem using Tactics to tailor my party's combat style.

Deleted
    The best thing to do now is to not buy Andromeda so that this new team will fail under Overlord EAs eyes and they will finally lay BioWare to rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    In Dragon AGe Origins I had no problem using Tactics to tailor my party's combat style.
    Exactly. I replayed Origins and Awakening last year, and the tactics screen allows for so much customizability that you could really tailor your party AI to how you want to play the game.

Don't take the bait from these few guys in here that are ignoring obvious issues with Andromeda, because they somehow attach their self-worth to this game. We had the same issue with No Man's Sky where people were telling that everything was alright even after it was obvious that the game lacked both depth and did not deliver on multiple fundamental key design promises.

The best thing you can do is to wait and see what is going to happen. I'll gladly wait for a review from someone who experienced it all to see if it's worth it, but until then I won't purchase it and keep a close eye on all the information coming out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Does anyone actually know if the game will be good? animation errors can be fixed and I dont give a shit about the models.
    It's not as easy as patching something on day 1. Going back to reanimate things costs time and resources that they very likely won't spend unless they think it will sell them a significant amount of additional copies (it won't).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Anecdotal evidence. Played 10h, never happened. Not saying it cant happens, but bug is bug. They cover, call the flank, use their abilities. Its AI, it will never be perfect. But they are smart enough.
    You're dismissing anecdotal evidence by citing anecdotal evidence. Come on.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-03-19 at 12:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The best thing to do now is to not buy Andromeda so that this new team will fail under Overlord EAs eyes and they will finally lay BioWare to rest.
    Like most products from certain companies these days, i wouldn't say to not buy it but i would recommend letting the hype train pass you by let others take the leap of faith and buy it later, preferably even on a sale. It's not like there is a shortage of things to play these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Like most products from certain companies these days, i wouldn't say to not buy it but i would recommend letting the hype train pass you by let others take the leap of faith and buy it later, preferably even on a sale. It's not like there is a shortage of things to play these days.
    They clearly cut corners to make the most money so the only proper response is to give them none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Why... are there no white female presets in Andromeda? Besides the default one which you can't customise from the looks of things.

Deleted
    I'll buy this for the combat alone tbh.
    Pretty much everything else is somewhat awkward though. Especially the roleplaying part.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Why... are there no white female presets in Andromeda? Besides the default one which you can't customise from the looks of things.
    Probably not the reason, but what is the Internet good for if not for a little jest!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7ELHgiWcAI-std.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    They clearly cut corners to make the most money so the only proper response is to give them none.
    I only just bought DA:I to check it out since it was below 10 euros and i can agree that the quality has fallen drastically. I still think it's worth checking out however only moments in entering the game i was faced with oddities. I had to turn off my 5.1 sound and change it to stereo since otherwise i could not hear the voice dialogue in cut scenes. I had armor changing randomly in cut scenes and back, objects loading is also really off ball. And i find the controls for m/k a bit iffy.

So i can relate but as i said pick it up during a sale unless it gets raging good reviews from users and critics a like.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    So i can relate but as i said pick it up during a sale unless it gets raging good reviews from users and critics a like.
    My stance too. While it falls short towards my original expectations, I believe that it's worth being experienced at some point.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Probably not the reason, but what is the Internet good for if not for a little jest!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7ELHgiWcAI-std.jpg
    Not the reason.

If you read the ME Revelation you would know that the reason is LORE.

"most citizens in the multicultural society of the late twenty-second century, were a mix of several different racial characteristics"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Not the reason.

"most citizens in the multicultural society of the late twenty-second century, were a mix of several different racial characteristics"
    You could make and see plenty of white people in previous games. Now all of a sudden they've changed it because 'lore'?
    If so why do the other presets look so black, Asian etc...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Not the reason.

What the hell are you on about? Most humans we encountered in the Mass Effect universe were largely, and clearly, Caucasian:

Shepard
    FemShep
    Miranda
    Ashley
    Kaidan
    Joker
    Chakwas
    Bailey
    Jack (though I'll argue Mongoloid influences on that one)
    Illusive Man
    Hackett
    Even Zaeed is clearly more Caucasian than any other racial mix.

Then we had a few Negroid (don't lose your shit snowflake, it's the biological term): Udina, Jacob and Anderson.

Now all of a sudden there aren't any clearly Caucasian people because of lore reasons? Fuck off with this identity politics bullshit, it's pissing me off. Bioware clearly went on a politically correct SJW trip, wouldn't surprise me if there are a few transgenders in there as well.

I'm totally fine with racially diverse NPC's or characters/companions. I'm not fine with clear deviations from previous design based on identity politics, and people on the forums twisting themselves this and that way trying to explain it's not because they try too hard to foster their leftist politically correct image. At least be honest.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-03-19 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Presets are bad (like in any games), what you can do with them isn't if you put some efforts and don't want to make a clown or hideous character on purpose.
    Well said. I've spent plenty of time in the creator (as I always do) and made a really cool looking dude. Had no problem with animations on Ryder, because he looked great. Best thing is, if you make a cool character, your dad will also look really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Reaver was SO badass. You utterly annihilate stuff.
    If you want to solo dragons, that's the way to go.

Well its looking like EA/Bioware let a bunch of the Andromeda team go right after going gold which is usually a sign the publisher is not expecting numbers to recommend a sequel be made.

And of course since one of them was "im not racist, but kill all white people" Manveerhier this normal practice for a game not expected to do as well as its previous release is now another dark conspiracy by gamergate, or something, according to the usual suspects in the journo ring and the clickbait wheel keeps spinning around.

This is the shitstorm that keeps on giving. It would have been nice just to have a good Mass Effect game, but i guess those folks left in 2012 so this is what we get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Kill me now
    That salarian said all that really needs to be said about that scene.