10+ Year Old Account
    I can already tell that this game is going to be a completionist's torture. Very first, introductory, mission, and the map is full of points of interest. Granted, so far all points of interests were very well integrated in the story, and it is fun to explore them - but, I suppose, we all should prepare for a veeeeeery long playthrough. The scanning part isn't bad, although, I guess, it could get repetitive after a while.

No manual saves system is pretty annoying, but checkpoints are spread around sparingly. The cover system is pretty weird, it doesn't feel as snappy as in ME2 and ME3, but the combat is more action-oriented, so, it makes sense. The combat feels like a mix of ME1 and ME3 combat, with possibly some DAI elements: you pretty much have to move around a lot, sitting behind one cover forever isn't going to cut it on Insanity.

So far I'm having a lot of fun, it is everything I expected from the next Mass Effect game. Although, these all are very initial impressions, and I tend to pay more attention to positive than negative elements, so take it all with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No manual saves system is pretty annoying, but checkpoints are spread around sparingly. The cover system is pretty weird, it doesn't feel as snappy as in ME2 and ME3, but the combat is more action-oriented, so, it makes sense. The combat feels like a mix of ME1 and ME3 combat, with possibly some DAI elements: you pretty much have to move around a lot, sitting behind one cover forever isn't going to cut it on Insanity.
    In normal open world map you can save whenever you want. It's the instanced missions and areas you visit only once where you can't save as you please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    In normal open world map you can save whenever you want. It's the instanced missions and areas you visit only once where you can't save as you please.
    Yes, that's what I figured. This design feels a bit restrictive, since you don't feel as free to explore around, when you can run around for a few minutes, accidentally fall into a pit and have to start all over again. On the other hand, that's what exploration is supposed to be: dangerous and risky. But I still hope they will introduce manual saves in one of the first patches; something tells me this is going to be one of the main points of criticism.

EDIT: Someone on reddit suggests a workaround:

"Be doing a priority mission, switch your active quest objective, save, switch back.
    Temporary workaround till the devs fix it"
    Last edited by May90; 2017-03-21 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post
    What's the game size?
    I've just bought and pre-loaded it. It's 46Gb

Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    ah Derah is awake. nice, could you answer my question plz? it got buried

are the reaper harvesting only our milk way galaxy?
    The Reaper Cycle was relegated exclusively to the Milky Way galaxy alone. At no point they repeated their cycles on other galaxies, which is why there's no Mass Relays on Andromeda (Which is the reason the entire game in ME:A takes place in a single cluster as opposed to the whole galaxy)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post
    What's the game size?
    Almost 44.5 Gb over here. Right now its at 12%. And the waiting is killing me. This is not gonna be ready until friday at best.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Stayed up way too late playing last night but got through "fixing" Eos, now time to go do all the side-quests.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I gotta ask, do people know that the game is not made by Bioware who made the other ME games etc, but BioWare Montreal, a sub-studio who used to work and help on other projects, and this is actually their first real game? BioWare Edmonton is the Bioware that people normally refer to.
    Most the the higher-ups (such as Mike Gamble and Arryn Flynn) are from Edmonton. The people from Montr/al mostly did the grunt's work.

im glad I rented the game instead of buying it. It hasn't impressed me so far at all.

Damn you all for making me want to play this.. Can't access it till the 23th. Atleast I get to play the Origin Access thingy now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlewick View Post
    Damn you all for making me want to play this.. Can't access it till the 23th. Atleast I get to play the Origin Access thingy now.
    Just use a free VPN to a country that has it unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Just use a free VPN to a country that has it unlocked.
    Oh you can do that?
    See you all in a few days
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlewick View Post
    Oh you can do that?
    See you all in a few days
    Yea, I used this guide http://pastebin.com/AKx8Bz5X to unlock it early yesterday in the US so I didn't have to wait until midnight. Should work the same for any country where it is still locked.

And now, time for some pointless trivia: The writers sure did their work when it comes to the radiation levels in Eos.

Your UI displays the radiation levels in the unit mSv, or millisieverts, which is a commonly used unit in real life. When you are in a lvl 3 radiated zone, the amount of mSv displayed is about the maximum dose allowed annually for working in a nuclear plant, every second. No shit it takes a toll in your hazard suit. You're taking a year's worth of radiation every single second you're in a lvl 3 radiated zone.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Yea, I used this guide http://pastebin.com/AKx8Bz5X to unlock it early yesterday in the US so I didn't have to wait until midnight. Should work the same for any country where it is still locked.
    Thank you mate!

15+ Year Old Account
    So this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 card runs the game just fine on high settings. The game auto-detected and set them to High while the Nvidia app says my optimal settings should be low for pretty much everything. Of course an evga SC 780 isn't exactly a basic 780 either. Still not bad for a card I purchased almost 4 years ago now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I gotta ask, do people know that the game is not made by Bioware who made the other ME games etc, but BioWare Montreal, a sub-studio who used to work and help on other projects, and this is actually their first real game? BioWare Edmonton is the Bioware that people normally refer to.
    All Bioware studios worked on the game. Bioware Austin was working on a new IP until it was cancelled and they were put to work on Andromeda.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    That's one of the advantages of capitalism!

Seriously though, I have no idea why they tend to release European versions later than American ones.
    It's probably because new stuff comes out on Thursdays here. Even thought that makes no difference at all when the game is digitally available. NOT to mention the utter farcical nature of the game being shipped in empty boxes with codes. They should actually be sued for the waste they produce here for not reason at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got the Ishray sniper rifle from one of the deluxe pack and it is pretty good. I like how I get a good MP weapon for my favorite kit. Also got the disciple shotgun so I can't complain on the weapon front.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    For a good reason.

1: Shepard is older than Ryder. Shepard is in their mid 30's whereas Ryder is 22. So no shit, Ryder looks younger.

But more importantly.....

2: Shepard was already a hardened battle-scarred experienced veteran at the start of ME1, being either "The Hero of Elyssium" or "The Butcher of Torfan" or "The Survivor of Akuze". Shepard was already an N7, best of the best among the best (Think Navy Seal mixed with Delta Force, and SAS). Both Ryders on the other hand, are completely inexperienced newbies. Scott Ryder was just a private, serving on a space station, never having seen combat before in his life. Sara Ryder was a private serving as security detail for a bunch of eggheads on Mars. So no shit they not only look younger, but also softer and less intimidating.
    Ye i know that Ryder is young but the face des not look for 22 years person but some 14 years teen with these emotes and big eyes.As ME veteran i expect the main person to looks abit more beter ye can be young not really experienced but that just kills me.But for my luck i can experience this issue only in single player conversations

sigh.. so yeah.... physical version is just a code in a box. still trying to figure out why couldn't they just e-mail the code along with my preorder code, other then trying to keep USPS in business... well.... downloading now :P

edited to add - I personaly haven't been 22... in a while. age didn't suddenly give me a poker face though, still all big eyes and every emotion instantly across my face, so... there's that?
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-03-21 at 04:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    sigh.. so yeah.... physical version is just a code in a box.
    lol..........
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.