Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...how many desert planets are there? Please say it's not like DA:I where we get like, 2-3 desert zones. I HATE desert zones with a passion.
    Truly desert? One. The other is a radioactive wasteland, with light brown dirt instead of sand.

...how many desert planets are there? Please say it's not like DA:I where we get like, 2-3 desert zones. I HATE desert zones with a passion.
    There's only 2. Eos and Eladeen.

The other planets are:

Havarl (Jungle)

Kadara (Meadow/volcano)

Voeld (Ice)

Habitat 7 (Floating rocks)

Aya (Jungle/waterfalls)

and those are only the ones I've seen so far. I'm sure I'm missing at least 3 more.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Anyone else feels like assault rifles are kind of useless (at least in multiplayer)?

I've been playing as Turian Soldier, which has some good passives for accuracy/stability/ammo, and Turbocharge. But I feel like it's not worth it. I'm doing shit damage to anything with armor unless I'm using Turbocharge and 1-2 clips. I have to play him with 2 assault rifles, otherwise I would constantly have to run towards ammo boxes.

To compare, with shotguns I always do good damage, even without any investment in weapon damage. And I think that since I've got Vanquisher sniper, any assault rifle for long range sustained dps is a waste of time.

Single shot rifles (like mattock) are abysmal. Only way mattock would work is if they gave it max-level carnifex pistol damage.

That being said, I don't have Sweeper in multiplayer yet, and Sweeper in singleplayer with big clip size and a ton of stability/fire rate is actually good.
    Most weapons suck in Multiplayer. The Revenant and Thokin are the only good assault rifles, basically, everything else sucks. Most pistols suck save for the Talon, Hurricane and Equalizer. Most shotguns are decent-ish, but the Piranha destroys them all. The only weapons that are decent across the board are sniper rifles, even the starting Viper is easily Silver viable if you can get headshots, and can work in Gold if you have a few upgrades of it. I got a Black Widow yesterday and it's a killing machine on my Salarian infiltrator and Turian Soldier. Turbocharge is even more broken than Adrenaline Rush was in ME3.

The patch that lands tomorrow is supposed to have multiplayer balance fixes, hopefully this means a hefty buff to most weapons because way too many of them feel like total peashooters.

@Edge: there are two desert planets, Eos and Elaaden. They are different kinds of deserts (Eos is dirts and lakes, Eladeen is a Tatooine-esque dune sea with sinkholes), but yeah I'd have preferred something more exotic.

Deleted
    DAMNIT ALL BIOWARE! I GET DESERTS ARE EASY TO MAKE BUT THEY'RE FUCKING AWFUL. STOP IT!

Gah, that annoys me. Deserts are my personal "sewer level" -______-
    Don't worry, if there is one thing Bioware nailed this time are the open worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    You can run the game just fine on 8gb if you don't have anything running in the background, the game itself takes around 5gb of RAM...
    Good to know. The only thing I ever have running in the background is Clicker Heroes, so I should be fine.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    and those are only the ones I've seen so far. I'm sure I'm missing at least 3 more.
    H-047c, the low gravity destroyed world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tattooing and Jakku.

I mean, Eos and Elaadan
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Turbocharge is even more broken than Adrenaline Rush was in ME3.
    How good is Turbocharge on other weapons? I felt like I would get the most out of it on an assault rifle, and maybe some shotguns. What's the benefit on a weapon like Widow?

So much talent. I wish I could draw like that.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Cora's "Asari commando" is to Vivienne's "M'dear"
    Putin khuliyo

How good is Turbocharge on other weapons? I felt like I would get the most out of it on an assault rifle, and maybe some shotguns. What's the benefit on a weapon like Widow?
    Instant reload, of course. Better on Black Widow because of the 3 round magazine rather than 1, but even on a normal Widow that's a great 1-2 punch. The buffs to damage can also add up, I've seen Soldiers almost one-shot Hydras in bronze with Isharays.

DAMNIT ALL BIOWARE! I GET DESERTS ARE EASY TO MAKE BUT THEY'RE FUCKING AWFUL. STOP IT!

Gah, that annoys me. Deserts are my personal "sewer level" -______-
    Two desert planets. And they both have environmental hazards that make it annoying to get around at times. One is a radiation hazard, the other is a heat hazard. So two planets that are basically the same thing.

Bioware got lazy with the themes and design of the big, open explorable planets. Two are desert and one is ice/snow. Literally the easiest/laziest thing to develop maybe other than flat grasslands. The planets that have actual variety and pretty scenery to look at? They're either much smaller zones or one and done visits as part of a mission.

I get that a lot of it is probably due to time and technical restraints, but damn. At least TRY to make the big, open areas interesting and enjoyable to be in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem is the Nomad. If they build a forest, you can't drive the Nomad.

Hence the Ice/Desert worlds. And no driving on Haverl.
    Putin khuliyo

Anyone else feels like assault rifles are kind of useless (at least in multiplayer)?

I've been playing as Turian Soldier, which has some good passives for accuracy/stability/ammo, and Turbocharge. But I feel like it's not worth it. I'm doing shit damage to anything with armor unless I'm using Turbocharge and 1-2 clips. I have to play him with 2 assault rifles, otherwise I would constantly have to run towards ammo boxes.

To compare, with shotguns I always do good damage, even without any investment in weapon damage. And I think that since I've got Vanquisher sniper, any assault rifle for long range sustained dps is a waste of time.

Single shot rifles (like mattock) are abysmal. Only way mattock would work is if they gave it max-level carnifex pistol damage.

That being said, I don't have Sweeper in multiplayer yet, and Sweeper in singleplayer with big clip size and a ton of stability/fire rate is actually good.
    The only Assault Rifle that I have found useful (IMO) for multiplayer is the Revenant one. And only because it's a bullet hose that can melt enemies at close to medium range. All the other ones that I've tried are absolute shit (granted I haven't tried every single one yet). I usually play as a Human Vanguard in multiplayer and just run around and blast shit with my N7 Piranha shotgun.

IMO, the best and easiest way to play multiplayer is to just run around with shotguns/SMGs and melt stuff. Granted, I suck at sniping, so that is an instant no-go for me. And like you said, most assault rifles are "meh". Which leaves shotguns and pistols/SMGs. So I use those because it goes hand in hand with the Vanguard play style, aka up close and personal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I think the problem is the Nomad. If they build a forest, you can't drive the Nomad.

Hence the Ice/Desert worlds. And no driving on Haverl.
    True. But I'd rather have a few more planets like Haverl then instead of rinse and repeat barren worlds.

There is zero reason to have HUGE open zones that you need a vehicle to efficiently get around in if 98% of the zone is just open, barren, wasteland with nothing to do in it. The developers are just padding game time then by making you traverse open, empty terrain while trying to quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Two desert planets. And they both have environmental hazards that make it annoying to get around at times. One is a radiation hazard, the other is a heat hazard. So two planets that are basically the same thing.

Bioware got lazy with the themes and design of the big, open explorable planets. Two are desert and one is ice/snow. Literally the easiest/laziest thing to develop maybe other than flat grasslands. The planets that have actual variety and pretty scenery to look at? They're either much smaller zones or one and done visits as part of a mission.

I get that a lot of it is probably due to time and technical restraints, but damn. At least TRY to make the big, open areas interesting and enjoyable to be in.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of deserts and BW seems to have struck on an Ubisoft-esque lazy approach to handling open world content, and like Ubisoft they're replicating it across games. It's really lazy, uninspired design for the most part (a series of checklists), but thankfully for me I really enjoy having large checklists of mindless busywork side missions to clear out. It's super relaxing to me for some reason, so if nothing else the act of slowly clearing out each planet should be enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Don't worry, if there is one thing Bioware nailed this time are the open worlds.
    I'd have to disagree. While some of the smaller zones are fun and interesting to run around in, the big, open world ones that you can actually use the Nomad in are boring, bland, barren, wastelands that you spend a vast majority of time just running from point A to point B in.

- - - Updated - - -

H-047c, the low gravity destroyed world.
    Perfect example. You can't even leave the Nomad unless you go into one of the few shielded domes on the surface. You spend the rest of the time just mindlessly driving around a barren landscape with almost nothing to do. Filler content to the extreme.

15+ Year Old Account
    Perfect example. You can't even leave the Nomad unless you go into one of the few shielded domes on the surface. You spend the rest of the time just mindlessly driving around a barren landscape with almost nothing to do. Filler content to the extreme.
    But its the best planet because there's low grav. You get to terrify your teammates and make them laugh at the same time. Legit, its my favorite planet. I drove around mindlessly for quite some time.

Deleted
    I'd have to disagree. While some of the smaller zones are fun and interesting to run around in, the big, open world ones that you can actually use the Nomad in are boring, bland, barren, wastelands that you spend a vast majority of time just running from point A to point B in.
    There are so many little details and hidden stuff around the worlds, even quest related, like finding the water Angaran trader and her forces hidden in the middle of nowhere, with no map reference, after we exile her from Paradise.

It builds up the danger of Andromeda. And the low grav is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

True. But I'd rather have a few more planets like Haverl then instead of rinse and repeat barren worlds.
    Haverl is the planet that I dislike the most. Nothing but small trees, big trees and ruins with trees.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/5/1519...n-early-access

While I have been enjoying my time with ME:A and have more than got my money's worth out of it, I do have to agree with a lot of the things that are said in that article.

For a AAA game from a AAA company, this game should really not have launched in the shape that it's in.

- - - Updated - - -

There are so many little details and hidden stuff around the worlds, even quest related, like finding the water Angaran trader and her forces hidden in the middle of nowhere, with no map reference, after we exile her from Paradise.

It builds up the danger of Andromeda. And the low grav is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Haverl is the planet that I dislike the most. Nothing but small trees, big trees and ruins with trees.
    Different strokes for different folks.

But at least Haverl has SOMETHING to look at while questing. The big open worlds have.....dirt....and sand....and snow.....with a few structures and camps thrown in to make it seem like there is something actually there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    do you know where he/she is?
    it´s funny because they apologize for this but they ignore the really big problems.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sndUnqX04Qs

I don't really see a problem with a character being that open and blunt about their life. I find it a little weird to that the fix is to have the character only tell you if you support them. So now we have a character that could be seen as brave, blunt, and not afraid of being judged in Andromeda that now has to hide who they are until they are shown support by the pathfinder.

It also bugs me a little that all of the other dialogue that is in need of a re-write won't happen unless there is a lobbyist to get bioware to change it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."