Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I hate you for making me look at words that Ben Kuchera wrote. I should have known better than to click on any Polygon link -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I hate you for making me look at words that Ben Kuchera wrote. I should have known better than to click on any Polygon link -_-
    I get that a lot of people hate places like Polygon and Kotaku.

That doesn't mean the articles posted there don't have merit from time to time, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I get that a lot of people hate places like Polygon and Kotaku.

That doesn't mean the articles posted there don't have merit from time to time, however.
    I've never read anything by Ben Kuchera that had any merit. He almost touches on some salient points, but between his egotistical snark and shittyness and that of Arthur Geis (referenced his tweet in the article, he's just about as shitty as Kuchera) there's little worth reading or serious consideration.

One of the comments I saw had the right of it - BW is deserving of criticism by all means, but not for looking at community feedback and integrating changes and improvements into the game as a result. That's literally the best case scenario for any game after it launches, regardless of whether it's buggy as hell or not. We should celebrate developers responding to consumer feedback after launch, not throw shade at them for it.

It's also far from the only game to see post-launch support like this from developers, and it's not going to be the last. Kuchera is just jumping on the bandwagon because Polygon has turned into an outrage-bait heaven, and piling on and being extra shitty to BW does nothing but make him look like the fucking asshole he is.

Edit: Man, what a world this is. A while back I was critical as hell of the game and was getting lumped in with the "haters" and now here I am defending it. WHAT THE SHIT IS THIS.

I've never read anything by Ben Kuchera that had any merit. He almost touches on some salient points, but between his egotistical snark and shittyness and that of Arthur Geis (referenced his tweet in the article, he's just about as shitty as Kuchera) there's little worth reading or serious consideration.

One of the comments I saw had the right of it - BW is deserving of criticism by all means, but not for looking at community feedback and integrating changes and improvements into the game as a result. That's literally the best case scenario for any game after it launches, regardless of whether it's buggy as hell or not. We should celebrate developers responding to consumer feedback after launch, not throw shade at them for it.

It's also far from the only game to see post-launch support like this from developers, and it's not going to be the last. Kuchera is just jumping on the bandwagon because Polygon has turned into an outrage-bait heaven, and piling on and being extra shitty to BW does nothing but make him look like the fucking asshole he is.

Edit: Man, what a world this is. A while back I was critical as hell of the game and was getting lumped in with the "haters" and now here I am defending it. WHAT THE SHIT IS THIS.
    Oh I agree. But the site does still make points from time to time that have merit to them.

Yeah, one of the comments echoes my sentiment: ''There’s some seriously bizarre reasoning to get from "the game will be better" to "the game now is garbage, don’t buy it." By this logic you shouldn't have bought The Witcher 2 on release, considering the bugs it had and the content it got later on. Hell even Witcher 3 for that matter, in terms of new shit and improvements added post-launch.

The launch version of a game is almost always the ''worst''. Even the most technically polished games do not release in a perfect state, especially open worlds where so many things can go horribly wrong.

I'm not excusing Andromeda's technical difficulties, the game shipped in a state worse than most AAA games bug-wise, and Bioware should be held accountable for this. But this notion that this makes it an unplayable early access game is exactly the sort of pure clickbait I expect from Polygon, and turning ''they will be patching this game quite diligently'' into ''I wasted 70 hours of my life'' is frankly stupid if anyone has ever played a game before. Patches happen.

10+ Year Old Account

Id suspect this is because the game is just getting more hate by click baiting than it deserves despite being buggy.

It is not by any point unplayable unredeemable hot garbage like a lot of the wider gaming community seems to think, it just has a fair few bugs and issues needing to be patched out. The gameplay, as in, when moving around and shooting stuff in the face, is the best point the series have been at so far. It's just general story gripes, menu interface UX issues, flawed cutscene animations and bugs and so on that drags the overall impression down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to imagine that some people upon seeing that Hainley casually remarks that she was Stephan just absolutely lose it. Like throwing the controller through the TV, flipping their table, setting fire to their couch. Taking their TV driving to the nearest freeway overpass and just dropping it into traffic. In a universe with gene therapy, biotics, manipulation of dark energy. People changing their gender is too far fetched.

Also, Eos is a Arid world. So it has surface water and vegetation. Eladaan is a Desert world, no surface water and little to no vegetation.

With the activation of Meridian and every vault in the Heleus cluster. Every planet is going to undergo significant changes. So it'll be a few years before noticeable effects start happening. The planet that will change the quickest is Voeld. Easier to melt snow and ice than it is to create lakes and rivers on Eladaan.

More importantly in regards to the ending of the game and a new theme. We are for sure going to end up investigating the Quarian Ark. We might also investigate Meridian more. We might also venture outside the Heleus Cluster as a scout mission. We know there is a greater Kett Empire out there. That Primus made a deal with us to get rid of the Archon. He left with his flotilla and definitely will be back. The Jardaan have disappeared from a very recent war with another species that deployed the Scourge against them. The Jardaan seemingly seeded Andromeda with life.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Cloak is bleh though, because you need to skill into it very deep because your shields won't regenerate and not spending time doing damage is basically wasting time.
    DEFINITELY need to have some points invested in not just cloak but some other skills. Cloak and tech rounds make for a very powerful damage boost for guns. To the point where I have an infiltrator profile with it JUST to deal with bosses my vanguard can't really bunch to death. Infiltrator headshot bonus (20?-60%?), sniper rifle dmg bonus(4-37% based on combat skill points and another 20% at rank 6), cloak for 90%, tech rounds for 30% (procced by cloak), turbo for another 35%, bunker for 15%... yummy yummy dmg modifiers to stack into a single weakpoint shot... or 2. And dealing with an architect where you're wasting time waiting for that weakspot to be revealed so you can one or two shot it away, it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    That reminds me, if I use the Infiltrator profile, my dash becomes a "mini-cloak", is this cloak completely visual or will it buff my dmg by 50% etc. and even use the Tactical Cloak stuff (dmgbuff duration extended after de-cloaking etc.).
    the dash is cosmetic and you're uncloaked before you can take any action anyways.

edit: I'm assuming it is much teh same as the biotic dash vanguard, adept, and sentinel profiles get that replaces you're jetpack boosting with a mass effect field. Same effect but different visuals.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-04-06 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, in multiplayer if you play the infiltrator class and are in cover. You automatically cloak if you haven't fired in a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    How good is Turbocharge on other weapons? I felt like I would get the most out of it on an assault rifle, and maybe some shotguns. What's the benefit on a weapon like Widow?
    I think it's improves reload and depending on build actually increase the ammo capacity beyond a single shot. at rank six you definitely reach +100% ammo clip and you can find other ways to go beyond that

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I think the problem is the Nomad. If they build a forest, you can't drive the Nomad.

Hence the Ice/Desert worlds. And no driving on Haverl.
    The biggest problem is... no driving on the Nexus.

I'm the f'ing pathfinder! I can do what I want!

- - - Updated - - -

Starting to wish they enforced the recommended level in MP to be more of a required level. Don't want to see anymore level 1s in Gold difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I think it's improves reload and depending on build actually increase the ammo capacity beyond a single shot. at rank six you definitely reach +100% ammo clip and you can find other ways to go beyond that
    I found out in singleplayer that going fire rate + clip size is insane for a heat-based weapon. I'd fire through the whole Turbocharge with only one short pause with Sweeper. Reload speed increases the charge rate (which is always fast), and clip size reduces the cost of a single shot.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post

the dash is cosmetic and you're uncloaked before you can take any action anyways.

edit: I'm assuming it is much teh same as the biotic dash vanguard, adept, and sentinel profiles get that replaces you're jetpack boosting with a mass effect field. Same effect but different visuals.
    Not exactly.

The dash (Which only Vanguards and Adepts get, sentinels don't have it) is slightly faster than the jetpack, allowing you to dodge stuff a second quicker.

As for the Infiltrator Dash, its also not cosmetic. The quickie cloak you get, breaks the AI off of you, making them attack someone else.

Its saved my life more than once in multiplayer, where an enemy is shooting at me, and I dash sideways, and the enemy immediately starts shooting at someone else next to me. Obviously if there are no other targets in the immediate vicinity, then yes, they'll go right back at attacking you right away.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    The dash (Which only Vanguards and Adepts get, sentinels don't have it) is slightly faster than the jetpack, allowing you to dodge stuff a second quicker.
    really?

I thought that was just the animation. If it is faster it's not by much and you seem to retain the same cooldown on actions around the dash

as for infiltrator related shit. I think the AI is bugged for me cause I'm still getting targetted even while cloaked normally. Sat on a hill with cloak active (max rank with most the passives and you can sit for like 30 seconds or more) and got hit from across the area by a sniper.

Far as I could tell, any cloaking wasn't dropping aggro at all.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-04-06 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I like to imagine that some people upon seeing that Hainley casually remarks that she was Stephan just absolutely lose it. Like throwing the controller through the TV, flipping their table, setting fire to their couch. Taking their TV driving to the nearest freeway overpass and just dropping it into traffic. In a universe with gene therapy, biotics, manipulation of dark energy. People changing their gender is too far fetched.

Also, Eos is a Arid world. So it has surface water and vegetation. Eladaan is a Desert world, no surface water and little to no vegetation.

With the activation of Meridian and every vault in the Heleus cluster. Every planet is going to undergo significant changes. So it'll be a few years before noticeable effects start happening. The planet that will change the quickest is Voeld. Easier to melt snow and ice than it is to create lakes and rivers on Eladaan.

More importantly in regards to the ending of the game and a new theme. We are for sure going to end up investigating the Quarian Ark. We might also investigate Meridian more. We might also venture outside the Heleus Cluster as a scout mission. We know there is a greater Kett Empire out there. That Primus made a deal with us to get rid of the Archon. He left with his flotilla and definitely will be back. The Jardaan have disappeared from a very recent war with another species that deployed the Scourge against them. The Jardaan seemingly seeded Andromeda with life.
    I want to be able to go outside the Hyperion and actually explore Meridian. The frantic drive through on the Nomad wasn't enough!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I want to be able to go outside the Hyperion and actually explore Meridian. The frantic drive through on the Nomad wasn't enough!
    That's probably coming as DLC when they get around to it, would line up pretty well for more story content after the ending.

So melee on insanity is a lot more viable than i thought at least on habitat 7. Drop one to half helah with pistol carge melee for the kill backlash shield to get back into cover, rinse repeat.

The base melee dmg is nuts like 1/3 health in one hit

the first omni blade does like 270~ damage while the first pistol does 38.

Let that sink in.

Is the patch out yet? It appeared on my origin recently under game updates, but there wasn't a download as far as I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Is the patch out yet? It appeared on my origin recently under game updates, but there wasn't a download as far as I know.
    It'll hit @8AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.