Deleted
    That makes no sense, either I'm using cover, or I don't. Mobility doesn't matter then, unless I have trouble getting into cover before the engagement start or when they spawn behind me.

If I peek, I get damage however, that's why you need the regeneration thing by default, or you will be evading shit 24/7 and never fight back and wait for your shields to regenerate. And that's just horrible. You can of course trigger the battle and snipe them from 2 miles away more easily, but that's boring too.

It's also why most people use shield generation and the "generate shield when out of ammo"-thingy on the weapon.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-14 at 06:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    That makes no sense, either I'm using cover, or I don't. Mobility doesn't matter then unless I have trouble getting into cover before the engagement start or when they spawn behind me.If I peek, I get damage however, that's why you need the regeneration thing by default, or you will be evading shit 24/7 and never fight back
    You don't have to be standing still to fire. There are ways of being mobile with out having to use the dash. I think the problem is you don't understand the fundamental difference between the combat in previous games and Andromeda. It sounds like you keep trying to approach and judge the game based on a ME3 combat view. You also are not automatically damaged for moving, or peeking, from behind cover. So you can do those things and not get hit.

The combat in Andromeda is faster paced then in previous Mass Effect games. There is also an in-between of in cover or not in cover. You are meant to be more fluid in the combat in Andromeda. Moving in and out and not standing still to much. Even snipers have abilities to help them move more rather then standing still. Hover is also a great way to pop in and out, or surprise the AI.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    I understand that I can use dash and movement to get from point a to point b to limit exposure, but what has that to do with anything.

AI has aimbot and will hit you a few times, no matter what. One hit is enough to deplete like 50% of your shield early game, which means you have to wait so it doesn't get your health.
    If it gets your health, you will again have to wait etc. etc.

This is why literally every insanity build uses sustain abilities. Not rocket science, no need to pretend it's something else.
    It wasn't different in ME3 either. You use mobility to make the sustain abilities recharge and to hold your ground longer, but without them and with "mobility"-alone, you won't get anywhere without it being a huge pain in the ass.

Most of the stuff is simply not viable early game. Probably not even lategame until you got everything else (or at least you won't need it anymore then)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-14 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was an interesting watch regarding Andromeda's graphic changes during development.

its true that EA just stoped the Saga?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    The game is bad, face it.
    Yes sir, I will now reassess those 300+ hours I spent playing and thoroughly enjoying the game and realize that all this time I have actually been fooling myself and I hated every second of it. Thanks for opening my eyes!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    Yup, atleast for now.

Though Command & Conguer is also on a "hiatus"....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    Yes it is true they have annouced they are not going to be actively developing the next game in the franchise. Bioware Montreal shares the same office space as EA motive. That team is currently developing Star Wars Battlefront 2 and part of the Montreal team was reassigned to help with that game. Plenty of people are taking it as some doom and gloom message from EA but it doesn't sound that bad at all. Yes if ME:A was a resounding hit they would likely have devoted resources to developing the next game right away. But it isn't them stopping any development for ME. There is a trend among gamers to no longer like simple IP reproductions. Even Ubisoft is slowing down Assassins creed games and that should be enough of a hint. Of course most will dismiss anything said as typical corporate speak and say they know the true meaning behind such words. To each their own but I don't see it as a bad thing and that ME:A2 will still happen sooner rather then later. As they said in the investor call they want to focus Bioware on Live services and the new IP will be a live service game. So they likely want to focus all resources into that especially if it becomes a money maker as a lot of hit "live" service games are now a days. They could also have more DLC planned to be more episodic in nature so a sequel isn't necessarily needed

Our teams at BioWare and across EA put in tremendous effort bringing Mass Effect Andromeda to players around the world. Even as BioWare continues to focus on the Mass Effect Andromeda community and live service, we are constantly looking at how we’re prepared for the next experiences we will create.

The teams in EA Worldwide Studios are packed with talent, and more than ever, we are driving collaboration between studios on key projects.

With our BioWare and Motive teams sharing studio space in Montreal, we have BioWare team members joining Motive projects that are underway. We’re also ramping up teams on other BioWare projects in development.

There will be much more to come from BioWare in the years ahead.
    Earlier this week on an earnings call, Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson told investors that the publisher is “very happy with how BioWare is doing, how BioWare is treating Mass Effect. And our expectations for Mass Effect are still strong for the future and the franchise overall.” Wilson also put a great deal of emphasis on “live service” games, of which BioWare’s new IP is one. That’s the studio’s main focus for the time being.
    http://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-mo...-on-1795100285
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Why are you replying to me again after claiming KoA didn't top the charts when I linked you saying it did? To which you dodged and never replied. Reply to that before you reply to anything else. Until then you're just cherry picking your arguments and running away when someone proves you wrong.
    I figured if you can dodge the parts of my argument that you have no counter for, I'm allowed to do the same.

But whatever, to prove I'm not really like you, fine, I was wrong about KoA.

Doesn't mean EA is still any less of a shitty company, or that their reasons for shutting down ME:A are any less deplorable and petty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Yes it is true they have annouced they are not going to be actively developing the next game in the franchise. Bioware Montreal shares the same office space as EA motive. That team is currently developing Star Wars Battlefront 2 and part of the Montreal team was reassigned to help with that game. Plenty of people are taking it as some doom and gloom message from EA but it doesn't sound that bad at all. Yes if ME:A was a resounding hit they would likely have devoted resources to developing the next game right away. But it isn't them stopping any development for ME. There is a trend among gamers to no longer like simple IP reproductions. Even Ubisoft is slowing down Assassins creed games and that should be enough of a hint. Of course most will dismiss anything said as typical corporate speak and say they know the true meaning behind such words. To each their own but I don't see it as a bad thing and that ME:A2 will still happen sooner rather then later. As they said in the investor call they want to focus Bioware on Live services and the new IP will be a live service game. So they likely want to focus all resources into that especially if it becomes a money maker as a lot of hit "live" service games are now a days. They could also have more DLC planned to be more episodic in nature so a sequel isn't necessarily needed

http://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-mo...-on-1795100285
    Well, that's a little reassuring, but it still sucks that we're gonna be lucky if the next mass effect doesn't come out within the next decade. Without a hiatus on their asses, it took over 5 years for Andromeda to be released. With a hiatus, a sequel may as well take a decade or more before its out in the streets.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Garak is going to go full Romulan bombing on someone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Even Ubisoft is slowing down Assassins creed games
    Not really. They just took a year off to give the team an extra year to polish the next game.(team that made black flag, instead of the 3 year typical cycle of AC games between games they got 4 instead).

There IS an Assassins Creed game coming out this holiday. At the very min all they did was make the series bi-yearly just to give their teams extra time to polish so they never suffer from a Unity like shit show again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Doesn't mean EA is still any less of a shitty company, or that their reasons for shutting down ME:A are any less deplorable and petty.
    EA is not the greatest company but shutting down production of an IP that was being devalued by terrible quality production is a good move not a bad one.

It preserves the IP for future use instead of it joining the likes of Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero on the once great but ran into the ground by terrible developers train.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me that Turian Agent so far is the best sniper in Multiplayer. I haven't tried Human snipers yet, but from what I've seen on Youtube they aren't particularly great. Salarian Infiltrator has a huge damage output, but very squishy. Asari Huntress probably has the highest DPS among all characters I've seen, given her biotic detonations coped with high sniper rifle damage - but she is too dependent on the stealth field charges, and they are very limited, unless you use one of the higher-level capacity mods. Turian Agent however is great on large distances (Tactical Cloak + sniper rifle), can handle close-range fighting (flamethrower), has a naturally long hovering ability (meaning easy sniping of enemies in cover), and the Visor is much better than it sounds, giving you incredible tactical awareness and letting you dispose of the cloaked Kett easily.

Just played a Gold match with a level 1 Turian Agent, and almost got the top score.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Was an interesting watch regarding Andromeda's graphic changes during development.
    Jesus Christ, what the hell happened? The Alpha build looks decent, a few changes to the human's model and it'd have been more or less alright. The Krogan in the release build looks so silly, his face and armor look like they were designed by a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Jesus Christ, what the hell happened? The Alpha build looks decent, a few changes to the human's model and it'd have been more or less alright. The Krogan in the release build looks so silly, his face and armor look like they were designed by a child.
    Likeliest scenario is that they changed engines midway, things didn't transfer seamlessly, but time was short at that point and they didn't have the time to fix everything, or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likey time and optimization. They were going for handcrafted animations in a game where most people take anywhere between 50-70 hours to complete. Not going to happen.

They also had to optimize for 3 platforms (which they did well). People like to blame consoles but in reality PC is probably the hardest to optimize for because you have to account for multiple generations of hardware and a rig not dedicated to gaming. Have to remember you average rig doesn't have a GTX 1080 (or even something in the 900 series) and 8GBs of RAM.

The game isn't bad, project management for it not so much. Either EA or Bioware put too much on the shoulders of the studio which resulted in scope creep.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Couple of things:

1. Alpha footage is from Unreal engine, with ME3 art style, they probably started with ME3 engine and then switched to Frostbite, hence the release delay. Facial animations obviously couldn't be transferred as is, because they had to change the faces to new procedural ones (from ME3 system to MEA system).

2. Somewhere in the middle of production, someone for whatever reason decided to change the Art Style from serious and dark ME3 to cheery rainbow MEA. Probably because "A new start should be cheery - dark is bad", probably from someone from marketing.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    2. Somewhere in the middle of production, someone for whatever reason decided to change the Art Style from serious and dark ME3 to cheery rainbow MEA. Probably because "A new start should be cheery - dark is bad", probably from someone from marketing.
    To be fair, the "feel" of Andromeda is significantly lighter than ME 1-3. The first series was about a civilization at its peak staring down its impending doom. While the Kett provide some of that feeling, in Andromeda, they're not actually exterminating civilizations, they're "exalted" into Kett themselves. There's at least some suggestion that some part of your personality survives the process; they consider it a process that elevates an individual, not the birthing of a new individual.

Plus, in ME1-3, you start from the position of a galaxy nearly at peace and a multivaried societey at its peak, and that slowly falls apart, and the finale isn't really a wild success. You stave off complete annihilation, but everything is still ruined in the Milky Way. There's potential to rebuild, but it's not a high note, just not the lowest note.

In ME:A, you start from almost nothing, and while the opening sequence puts you at some threat, the entire path of the game from then is one of increasing stability and security. There's occasional setbacks, but nothing terribly major, and the finale has everyone much better off than anyone was at the beginning (other than the bad guys, and really, it's arguable that the Kett needed to get rid of the Archon anyway). It's a much lighter story path, and that should be reflected, at least somewhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yup, atleast for now.

Though Command & Conguer is also on a "hiatus"....
    Medal Of Honor and Dragon Age as well are on "hiatus"

What!?! Dragon Age too?...