being unstoppable in ME1, especially with singularity and 2 biotic companions was my favorite part about it. oh hey there giant geth armature, bye there giant geth armature. they balanced the combat and smoothed it out a LOT more for 2 and 3, but I kinda really loved how ridiculously OP you could make your Shepard in 1 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    being unstoppable in ME1, especially with singularity and 2 biotic companions was my favorite part about it. oh hey there giant geth armature, bye there giant geth armature. they balanced the combat and smoothed it out a LOT more for 2 and 3, but I kinda really loved how ridiculously OP you could make your Shepard in 1 :P
    With lvl 60 in 3, you can break the game again.

Adept? Biotic explosions EVERYWHERE!
    Vanguard? Novacharge EVERYTHING! Did a newgame+ playthrough on lvl 60 Vanguard on Insanity. Spammed 1 and 2 throught the game and annihilated everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with ME1 combat is how inaccurate everything felt and how little impact there was to some weapon types *cough*rifles*cough*

And the problem with ME2/3 combat is that they broke the lore about almost infinite ammo >

Like seriously, why'd the game have to be turned into another X amount of bullets per clip deal. Come on. You're supposed to be taking sand grain size bits from your solid block "ammo" and accelerating it using mass erect effect fields. Don't try to tell me "BUT THEY NEED TO STAY COOL SO THERMAL CLIPS" bullshit. It's a piss poor explanation for adding ammo to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The problem with ME1 combat is how inaccurate everything felt and how little impact there was to some weapon types *cough*rifles*cough*

And the problem with ME2/3 combat is that they broke the lore about almost infinite ammo >

Like seriously, why'd the game have to be turned into another X amount of bullets per clip deal. Come on. You're supposed to be taking sand grain size bits from your solid block "ammo" and accelerating it using mass erect effect fields. Don't try to tell me "BUT THEY NEED TO STAY COOL SO THERMAL CLIPS" bullshit. It's a piss poor explanation for adding ammo to the game.
    The Eezo core still generates a lot of heat. Which is why in 1 the heat sink built up and overloaded when it got too hot. All ME2 introduced was portable heat sinks that you could replace to continue firing without worrying about the weapon stop firing on you. Reverse engineered from the Geth.

It's also a major issue in ships. The core generates too much static and that is the range of FTL travel. You've got to dissipate the built up static into a planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think ME1 combat was fine, but the balance was off... Once you hit level 30 or so, you are practically unstoppable, even on Insanity!
    Id put the break point a little earlier than 30. Say ~15 to 20.

ME1 insanity is reasonably hard to begin with, but has a screwed up difficulty curve even by RPG standards. By the time you can spec into 80% damage immunity with a cooldown so short you got constant uptime things get funny.

Personally, I hope ME:A is more like ME2 in that regard. It's the only mass effect game with a difficulty curve that doesn't go off into ludicrous extremes as much at high levels.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think ME1 combat was fine, but the balance was off... Once you hit level 30 or so, you are practically unstoppable, even on Insanity!
    Ah yes. Pushing a load of high damage, high heat mods on a sniper rifle/shotgun and having an automatic weapon with a combination of high heat and cooling mods. Persistent heavy hitting automatic fire for one weapon and what might as well be a orbital space cannon for the other.

Unless you were a biotic, then everything was hilarious combinations of how to ragdoll enemies, alive and dead.

I would like ME:A to have 3's smoothness, 2's curve and 1's variety/wideness. I certainly hope it doesnt stomp on biotics as hard as 2 did in higher difficulties. 3 was a LOT of fun as a biotic, especially a frontliner vanguard. High risk, high reward. Especially with the right team.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-11-01 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    They really should give Vanguards the Singularity power in Andromeda.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    They really should give Vanguards the Singularity power in Andromeda.
    There's a ton of MP powers in ME3 that should be added to the main game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Never change kids... never change.
    Not sure I understand what you are saying.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

First person shooters have had smooth controls, essentially, since their inception. Pretending they've "come a long way" any time recently is somewhat laughable.
    Eh, Wolfestein and Doom were a bit clanky before mouse support was implemented.

aww man, my favorite game universe returns, can't wait

They were perfect for what they were. And you're talking about 20+ years ago... that's not a recent development.
    But you said that FPS has had perfect control since it's inception. That includes Wolfestein and Doom and those didn't quite hit the mark right away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even shooters made 15-20 years ago had very good mouse control, it's just bioware that stumbled a bit trying to combine the legacy coming from games like kotor with a first person shooter.

Games like Quake3 and UT99 still holds up in gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding shooters, I don't know about you guys, but I've never played an FPS with smoother controls than in Doom (2016). Everything evolves, controls evolve too; claiming that controls 20 years ago in FPS games were better than now just seems like sticking to the past for the sake of it, to me. I was a big, very big player of Doom 1/2, Wolfenstein 3D, Heretic, Hexen, Quake 3 at the time - but come on, those games are clunky by today's standards. The original Doom had, what, 35 FPS "hard" cap?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So I assume this andromeda initiative is a count down to a big mass effect announcement and not some sneaky attempt to put us on a one-way mission to mars in the hopes we didn't read the terms and conditions, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So I assume this andromeda initiative is a count down to a big mass effect announcement and not some sneaky attempt to put us on a one-way mission to mars in the hopes we didn't read the terms and conditions, right?
    I wouldn't say no to a one-way mission to Mars!

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect a lot of Americans would take the one-way trip to Mars. I mean their country has 7 days to live.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...he-game-is-set

Voice confirmed to belong to Dad Ryder. Voice actor speculated to be Clancy Brown, which would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    First person shooters have had smooth controls, essentially, since their inception. Pretending they've "come a long way" any time recently is somewhat laughable.
    Go play Borderlands, then go play Destiny. You will feel a clear difference in the smoothness of control.

Shoot, play Doom and compare it to any game made in the passed 5 years.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.