Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    This happens in every Bioware thread. We drift off topic and start talking about the other Bioware games.
    Not that far off-topic considering every single Bioware game follows the same basic story arc...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not your buddy, guy!

Yeah, I wasn't complaining. I was just stating what eventually happens in this thread. Most of its participants are carry overs from the previous Bioware threads. So I know it will happen and will gladly contribute to that conversation. I enjoy all of their presence (with the exception of Rhorle).

Deleted
    The forum sure looks like shit with signatures enabled.

Alright, y'all. Keep discussion on ME:A, not other games or other posters posting habits, please.

Well, now we have an official release date 3/21/2017. Can't wait, gonna re-play the 3 games in the next weeks to keep the hype train rolling

https://twitter.com/masseffect/statu...06281616637952

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Well, now we have an official release date 3/21/2017. Can't wait, gonna re-play the 3 games in the next weeks to keep the hype train rolling

https://twitter.com/masseffect/statu...06281616637952
    Welp, time to set up my count-down app . . .

And to inform everyone I know that I will be unavailable on March 21st . . . and 22nd. . . and the 23rd . . . well . . . for the next week.

or two.
    Putin khuliyo

It releases 2 days later in EU. AGAIN! posihfuibfasdnfosmfla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It releases 2 days later in EU. AGAIN! posihfuibfasdnfosmfla
    You can blame the rating system for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    You can blame the rating system for it.
    Rating systems have fuck all to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Rating systems have fuck all to do with it.
    Blame your retailers.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ed-on-a-friday

10+ Year Old Account
    Worth noting using a VPN can give you access on the same day as the earliest release, if on a digital copy. These kinds of staggered release schedules still suck, though.

CES trailer is out for anyone interested.

Really like that it actually showed off systems, skill system looked good and it looks like you can unlock other classes and switch out of combat? >.>

Giggled that it's billed as "in engine" rather than "in-game" capture, which makes me question how heavily it was touched up. Combat animations are largely alright, but a lot of them still look either pretty rough or like complete dogshit.

The controller movements was bugging me. Hopefully it is the user and the game is not that stiff especially on PC.

The capture could be high end PC with a controller used or Scorpio dev kit. The video is 1080p and not much objects with limited detail at distance.

Urgh, looks like some really cumbersome acceleration going on with the controller in that video. Also the camera was too zoomed in to the character, I hope that can be changed. And 'in engine'? Hmm. Some actual directly captured gameplay would have been more reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Worth noting using a VPN can give you access on the same day as the earliest release, if on a digital copy. These kinds of staggered release schedules still suck, though.
    I ordered a physical copy because it was significantly cheaper than the Origin version. Guess this is their way to discourage that!

Mass Effect 2 is free on Origin with their "On the house" deal atm, if you never played it, its a great game

https://www.origin.com/can/en-us/sto...andard-edition

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Giggled that it's billed as "in engine" rather than "in-game" capture, which makes me question how heavily it was touched up. Combat animations are largely alright, but a lot of them still look either pretty rough or like complete dogshit.
    It is so they don't have to include any of those exact pixels/mechanics in the release version of the game. Developers need to make such silly distinctions because of the way the community pounces and thinks of things as lies.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is so they don't have to include any of those exact pixels/mechanics in the release version of the game. Developers need to make such silly distinctions because of the way the community pounces and thinks of things as lies.
    If developers would stop showing non-gameplay footage while trying to pass it off as gameplay footage, it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm glad the note is there, but honestly I wonder how many people even noticed it. It's at the very end of the trailer and it's not terribly obvious if you're not looking at the endslate closely.

And yes, developers showing off in-engine footage rather than in-game footage isn't great. Either use CGI trailers that people know is obviously not the game, or show off the game itself. Showing off what the engine can do, but not necessarily how the game will look/play, is pointless to consumers. Because we won't ever see that version of the game, that's not what we're purchasing.

Deleted
    I really can't get the hyped for Bioware's games any more. Their last good game was mass effect 2 and that was 7 years ago. After that every game they made was some half-assed abomination. This just looks like a space version of inquisition, which was an average game with sub par animations, a weak story and clunky gameplay.

And the locations they've shown? This is supposed to be a game about exploring a new galaxy, why are all the places they've shown so bland and ugly?? It seems EA really took all of their creativity away...

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    I really can't get the hyped for Bioware's games any more. Their last good game was mass effect 2 and that was 7 years ago. After that every game they made was some half-assed abomination. This just looks like a space version of inquisition, which was an average game with sub par animations, a weak story and clunky gameplay.

And the locations they've shown? This is supposed to be a game about exploring a new galaxy, why are all the places they've shown so bland and ugly?? It seems EA really took all of their creativity away...

Im VERY hyped for this game, maybe to much hehe..

I hope they do not stray to far off what made the ME series so great.

One thing I think can be a issue though;

In ME 1-3 we had a big evil enemy as focus. Everything we did culminated in that last stand against the mighty enemy.

This time around we are exploring a new universe.. Sounds cool, can end up boring..

And yes, inquisition was shite.