Deleted
    One of my fav games of all time, just wish they made more soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Considering the human race needs to be repopulated in Andromida, I hope the human Li's are up to snuff. It not like all the ones from 1-3 were bad its just that none of them other than Jack really felt on the level of Garris and Tali.

Maybe its because I'm not into poetry but the Ashley mance want anything special. Her being so pissy with you for half the trilogy didn't help either.

Kaidan is in the same boat as Ash except nothing every really stood out abot hem except for his standard biotic training backstory.

Jacob forgets about Shep and knocks up a lady in the 6 months between 2 and 3

Miranda was nice with the whole melting the ice queen thing

Jack's was awesome, helping her go from psychotic killer to protective mama bear who adopts biotic varren was cool.

Kelly wasn't even a full romance was she?

Then we had IGN insert reporter chick

Samantha "I like chess and shower in my underwear" Traynor.

The Steve one doesn't seem so bad but no one seems to be swooning over it either.
    While you're right about the others, I'll have to disagree about Samantha Traynor though. While she's not up there like Jack, she was a fun character and had great conversations with both shep's. She had a great personality and her crew interactions were quite well done too. She was LEAGUES ahead of Kelly both as a character and romantic interest, plus she was more useful lore wise as well, since she's an intelligence manager and a science/engineering expert. She had way more going for her than you're indicating though, especially vs the others. She really shined in the Citadel DLC. Interactions with her were emotive and fun, with a degree of depth concerning her normality while surrounded by living legends, super-AI and warrior gods, with reactions and interactions that come with.

Keep in mind, the only reason we were able to even save Grissom Academy and Jack, was because of her unconventional expertise in intelligence and data gathering.

Also you forgot about Vega but who doesnt?

I despised the diana allers chick both before and after i got the background on her. both in terms of the voice acting and her aesthetics, to her role as a character on the normandy, The romantic option was hollow, shallow, meaningless and ignored by the game itself. I spent the entire time wondering why Emily Wong wasn't around. Interactions with her were worse and I only bring her along for the war effort and cringe when i interact with her.

Then i found out her background after i finished the game a few times. I found out about the Emily Wong tweets and her faith. I realized the reason i didnt feel like Allers belonged in the game was because she DID NOT.

Wong's tweets especially messed me up at the time. It would ahve been great having her on the ship, trying to help the war effort and put across hard truths or even butting heads with Shep or other people because she's on a quest to redeem herself after leading the reapers to the evacuation areas. Much better than the "i'm going to smack against this reaper with less effectiveness than a fly against a mountain".
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-02-14 at 01:22 PM.

Renegade is red
    Paragon is blue
    You did good, son
    I'm proud of you

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Not to mention that Paragon/Renegade at times was very subjective and counter-intuitive. For example, I for the life of me cannot understand why the advice to Kelly to change her identity was classified as a Renegade choice. Or why killing Kai Leng before he lashes at Shepard, when Shepard can clearly hear him approaching, is Renegade. Or why helping the Hanar who is violating the law by preaching in public to continue preaching is Paragon.

I preferred Dragon Age system, in which only the companions react on your choices, based on their character, but there is no any kind of the "universal" good/bad scale. I liked Witcher system for the same reason.
    in context of the situation, Kelly was talking about being there for the refugee's and helping them with their mental anguish. She was worried about her safety however. The paragon choice is to tell her that she is doing good work and to continue helping these people. The alternative is to tell her to change her identity and go into hiding which means giving up on openly helping the refugee's. It was the more selfish choice and meant giving up on aiding the survivors of the reaper war.

It was actually a good addition to the game and should ahve been something more common. That being a goodie two shoes can have unforeseen consequences. Shep didn't know the citadel itself would be compromised by Cerberus and couldnt do anything to stop it, but that doesn't mean everything aligns well just because of your good nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Renegade is red
    Paragon is blue
    You did good, son
    I'm proud of you
    Why do you do this :<

- - - Updated - - -

I am pretty happy with the direction and feel of the combat system. The ability structure looks like fun both in terms of setting up your intended builds and adapting them both to the situation and your playstyle. Combat itself looks like its open to different builds with obvious traits in place to challenge the strengths and weaknesses of your chosen build. It's advanced further with developing ME3's more dynamic and flowing combat style with smoother transition and movement, as well as strategic application of abilities.

That will depend on the level design of the places we go to though, cant read too much into the gameplay trailer as they only reveal so much.

I am not sure about the characters and I want to keep it that way until i actually play them. It is a bad thing to get a feel for a game's characters before you even play the game and experience them yourself in various interactions and missions. It's better to just go in without presumptions or even accurate judgements based on actual information when running into them.

IT will be better if the dev's and pub's hold back on too many details. I still remember the feeling of being in Saren's base and running into the "VI" and realizing during the conversation that the steak just shot through the roof (and Shep f'in loves steak)
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-02-14 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Why do you do this :<
    Sorry, not sorry.

Ya i didn't include Vega because i thought he was more of a one night stand for fem shep if she had not been romancing anyone else, but i guess i should have left Allers off too then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely going to play on the highest difficulty, as always. I hope MEA difficulty curve will be somewhat similar to DAI one on Nightmare: you start out very weak and squishy, dying to random low-level groups regularly - but over the course of the game, you slowly gain strength and end up a killing machine. Amazing feeling of progression.
    Imo, DA:I became too easy towards the end, just as ME3 did. Would be nice if Insanity was closer to ME3MP Gold or possibly platinum, the single player campaign was closer to bronze mode in the last mass effect game on the hardest setting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Imo, DA:I became too easy towards the end, just as ME3 did. Would be nice if Insanity was closer to ME3MP Gold or possibly platinum, the single player campaign was closer to bronze mode in the last mass effect game on the hardest setting.
    DA:I - yeah, I barely got halfway through the game before I became too bored to continue. The ease of combat along with the horrible leashing mechanism while in combat drove me right out of the game.

ME3 - The only fight I remember being a challenge in that game was when defending the Thanix Missile just before the end. However, even though I thought ME3, combat wise, was very easy I actually really enjoyed that game.... even with the lackluster conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely going to play on the highest difficulty, as always.
    Same here, I never deviate from that option in any new game. Hope the highest difficulty actually translates into a real challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Same here, I never deviate from that option in any new game. Hope the highest difficulty actually translates into a real challenge.
    Same

I hope they have a similar mechanic to trials at launch as well. Highly unlikely, but I hope anyways

EDIT:

Oh dang I asked the lead dev if they had something like Trials and he said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S. Frazier
    We don't have that specific mechanic, but we do have something that should scratch the same itch.
    Extra difficulty and extra rewards hype
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-02-14 at 09:41 PM.

New screenshots, courtesy of Amazon!

http://imgur.com/a/d7fk5

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    New screenshots, courtesy of Amazon!

http://imgur.com/a/d7fk5
    Googled Nakmor Kesh name got sent to he german me ME wiki page. Apparently she is a lady Krogan engineer and manager of the nexus.

Makes sense why all these Krogan are in Andrmoida. All you need is one bad ass female to gather up some other females and you will get a whole bucket load of males to follow them. Given her rank and the Krogan lifespan, I wounder if she stayed awake during the trip over to make sure everything was ok. Lame could be true ofr Doctor Lexi
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-15 at 01:18 AM.

Well, they have a point...

Yvonne Strahovski had a much better model 7 years ago.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-02-15 at 01:12 AM.

BioWare characters look ugly as sin and awkward as hell by default? Say it aint' so!

At this point it's a staple for the studio. Can we get the person that shooped up that second pic to just redo all the models in the game? Because hot damn does that look infinitely better than the monstrosity that is the base model.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-02-15 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because changing a picture in Photoshop is the same as making a model in Zbrush/Maya

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Kaidan is in the same boat as Ash except nothing every really stood out abot hem except for his standard biotic training backstory.
    While it's not much, I found that when you listen to Raphael Sbarge narrate Kaidan's Apology Note, it makes the Kaidan Romance that much more touching.

Well, at least the proportions are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Because changing a picture in Photoshop is the same as making a model in Zbrush/Maya
    Because a random on the internet is a full team at a AAA developer working with a AAA budget : P

It's not as if we don't have countless other examples of other games, including games running on Frostbite, able to create character models that don't look like they were put through a wood chipper and then re-assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    To be fair, that was because you massively outleveled the content in the original base game. With Tresspasser's Trial that scales the game up to 27, it's actually easy to get caught out on Nightmare, especially in the DLCs, even without buffing everything even higher.

Attractive =/= better. The actress does have a strong jaw line and chin(she is hotbtw) which they try to lessen with her posture expression and make up, while Sara is staring head on at an unflattering angle and expression.

I prefer the one on the left to right. The right one has make up and fucked up proportions that are almost Anime like. The neck is way too fucking skinny especially were it fits to her head. reducing her jawline and nose makes he chin appear even bigger

The one on the left actually has the actress proportions. Give the left one make up and a sexy posture expression and hair it would look like the actress. thing is she not supposed to dress up all sexy all the time shes an explorer.

Miranda was always supposed be made up and sexy, it was her thing.

Even then there's always character creation. I always use it anyway and will use it on my fem and male Ryders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because a random on the internet is a full team at a AAA developer working with a AAA budget : P

It's not as if we don't have countless other examples of other games, including games running on Frostbite, able to create character models that don't look like they were put through a wood chipper and then re-assembled.
    Imagine if we find out in the game that she got into a fight with a Krogan and got her face smashed in by said Krogan. They tried to fix her. But nobody is the same after Krogan.