10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Hoping Bioware didn't ditch their forum feedback for twitter with the pretense that somehow the brain dead comments from the crazies would get better.
    No, a lot of companies are dumping their forums right about now. I think "twitter" is considered the "in" way to communicate from devs to customers.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    No, a lot of companies are dumping their forums right about now. I think "twitter" is considered the "in" way to communicate from devs to customers.
    It gives a convenient excuse to both churn out tiny responses, and only have to read tiny feedback.

Forums open the floodgates to veritable doorstopping book-lenght posts, that sometimes merit equally long responses.

This is also why blizzard responds to so much of their feedback (regardless of game) via Twitter.

Have I mentioned how much I hate twitter?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    It gives a convenient excuse to both churn out tiny responses, and only have to read tiny feedback.

Forums open the floodgates to veritable doorstopping book-lenght posts, that sometimes merit equally long responses.

This is also why blizzard responds to so much of their feedback (regardless of game) via Twitter.

Have I mentioned how much I hate twitter?
    It doesn't help that the US has a president who regularly uses twitter, legitimizing its existence (strangely though, Twitter's stock has gone down).

Personally, I think twitter is good for announcements. "New trailer coming March 18th!" sort of things. People try to use it like a chat program and it's terrible for that.

But hey at least celebs aren't twittering about their latest bathroom break.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

But hey at least celebs aren't twittering about their latest bathroom break.
    Sheesh man, don't give them ideas.

In other news, to the surprise of nobody, Mass Effect Andromeda will feature micro-transactions (Damn you EA) though thankfully, for the time being, they remain exclusive to the multiplayer segment of the game. I sincerely hope to god they don't dare to put that filth in the single-player portion of the game, like Konami did with MGSV, or Square Enix did with Mankind Divided.

They're already asking 60 bucks upfront for the damned game, and then they want to nickle and dime additional money? seriously?

10+ Year Old Account

In other news, to the surprise of nobody, Mass Effect Andromeda will feature micro-transactions (Damn you EA) though thankfully, for the time being, they remain exclusive to the multiplayer segment of the game. I sincerely hope to god they don't dare to put that filth in the single-player portion of the game, like Konami did with MGSV, or Square Enix did with Mankind Divided.

They're already asking 60 bucks upfront for the damned game, and then they want to nickle and dime additional money? seriously?
    Eh, it seems to be working well for them in SWTOR. Perhaps it will lead to wider multi-player support.

Since I don't play multiplayer, I am unconcerned.

Just, be kind.

That's the gaming industry for you. We have let this shit slide and little by little it has gotten worse and worse.

"Slippery slope" isn't a fallacy when it comes to the nickle and diming of big corporate publishers.

10+ Year Old Account

ME3 and Inquisition both had micro-transactions in the MP...

You could buy the gear packs. This is the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    ME3 and Inquisition both had micro-transactions in the MP...

You could buy the gear packs. This is the exact same thing.
    I know. And as long as the micro-transaction remains exclusive to the multiplayer, I don't really care that much. But I am concerned. Putting micro-trasnactions in singleplayer has become something of a fad recently.

I think EA learned their lesson with Dead Space 3.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That's the gaming industry for you. We have let this shit slide and little by little it has gotten worse and worse.

"Slippery slope" isn't a fallacy when it comes to the nickle and diming of big corporate publishers.
    I'm not even sure when and why slippery slope was reduced to a fallacy in the first place. The downfall of entire civilizations is countered with a buzzword (fallacy).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I think EA learned their lesson with Dead Space 3.
    Good one .

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm not even sure when and why slippery slope was reduced to a fallacy in the first place. The downfall of entire civilizations is countered with a buzzword (fallacy).
    it wasn't, It was always a fallacy, besides the literal thing that it represents - i.e. a slope that is slippery.
    It's a fallacy to claim that some insignificant thing will lead/turn in to the most extreme version of it just because something similar happened before elsewhere with another thing, or without any reason at all.

The fallacy is just that. Pointing it out. Just because it's a fallacy doesn't mean that it won't happen. But at the same time there's no guarantee that it will happen. Zero data. Unknown probability. Nothing to discuss.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Hoping we can pre-load before the 16th.
    Although, 55GB should be doable while I'm at work that day.

So many decent games coming up.
    Starting to hype.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Hoping we can pre-load before the 16th.
    Although, 55GB should be doable while I'm at work that day.

So many decent games coming up.
    Starting to hype.
    wait why the 16? doesn't it come out on the 21? what did I miss? *_*

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    Early Access for Origin subscribers
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    21 ? Ha, try 23 ! ( EU here. )

15+ Year Old Account
    This has been confirmed since they allowed Pre-orders and expected since ME3 launched. The Digital Deluxe gets you a "loot box" and the digital deluxe gets you a loot box a week for twenty weeks. Mass Effect 3 multiplayer expansions were largely funded (or subsidized) by people buying the loot boxes.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Early Access for Origin subscribers
    Aaaah thanks! xD

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    21 ? Ha, try 23 ! ( EU here. )
    EU too here so yeah 23! goddamnit

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch, the performance does seem to be as bad as the EA help page intimated.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin Gardner, Bioware Desktop Support
    At the BioWare base we are running 4k@60 on 1080 TI's. 1080p@60 on 1080s.
    Takes a 1080 to max the game at 60fps 1080p. :'(

Kinda happy I can spend $5 on Origin Access to try the game out for a solid 10 hours to see if I want to buy it. Plus the game is a little bit cheaper if you buy a month of Origin Access.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Kinda happy I can spend $5 on Origin Access to try the game out for a solid 10 hours to see if I want to buy it. Plus the game is a little bit cheaper if you buy a month of Origin Access.
    Hmm, long do you have to pay that? Because the 0.5 to 1 bioware games a year are probably the only reason why I have origin installed in the first place, not worth subscribing to them any longer.