10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Couple of things:

1. Alpha footage is from Unreal engine, with ME3 art style, they probably started with ME3 engine and then switched to Frostbite, hence the release delay. Facial animations obviously couldn't be transferred as is, because they had to change the faces to new procedural ones (from ME3 system to MEA system).

2. Somewhere in the middle of production, someone for whatever reason decided to change the Art Style from serious and dark ME3 to cheery rainbow MEA. Probably because "A new start should be cheery - dark is bad", probably from someone from marketing.
    1 seems likely. EA must have gotten them to use frostbite, like all their other modern games.

In other news it looks like everything at Bioware is on hold to make way for their new IP's 'social' features.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ma.../1100-6449915/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    1 seems likely. EA must have gotten them to use frostbite, like all their other modern games.

In other news it looks like everything at Bioware is on hold to make way for their new IP's 'social' features.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ma.../1100-6449915/
    I wonder when people will realized, that Bioware is done and thier next new games will end like Duke Nukem Forever or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To be fair, the "feel" of Andromeda is significantly lighter than ME 1-3. The first series was about a civilization at its peak staring down its impending doom. While the Kett provide some of that feeling, in Andromeda, they're not actually exterminating civilizations, they're "exalted" into Kett themselves. There's at least some suggestion that some part of your personality survives the process; they consider it a process that elevates an individual, not the birthing of a new individual.
    Also consider that the kett we encounter is more of a rogue faction. It would be interesting to explore in future games if the Kett Empire is not as evil as those found in Heleus. The Archon deviated from a lot of Kett protocols. I still wish we could have turned that ship from one of Liam's missions into a home base to blow up stuff.

I wish they didn't abandoned their NMS-like planets and had the game have more of that open exploration. You can really tell they wanted to go that way but changed it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Also consider that the kett we encounter is more of a rogue faction. It would be interesting to explore in future games if the Kett Empire is not as evil as those found in Heleus. The Archon deviated from a lot of Kett protocols. I still wish we could have turned that ship from one of Liam's missions into a home base to blow up stuff.
    The Archon deviated, because he got obsessed with Remnant technology, the kett empire sent that expedition to exalt the entire cluster,but the Archon drew away resources for studying remnant , meaning now that he is gone the kett will once again return to proper protocol and push harder for exaltation.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It seems to me that Turian Agent so far is the best sniper in Multiplayer. I haven't tried Human snipers yet, but from what I've seen on Youtube they aren't particularly great. Salarian Infiltrator has a huge damage output, but very squishy. Asari Huntress probably has the highest DPS among all characters I've seen, given her biotic detonations coped with high sniper rifle damage - but she is too dependent on the stealth field charges, and they are very limited, unless you use one of the higher-level capacity mods. Turian Agent however is great on large distances (Tactical Cloak + sniper rifle), can handle close-range fighting (flamethrower), has a naturally long hovering ability (meaning easy sniping of enemies in cover), and the Visor is much better than it sounds, giving you incredible tactical awareness and letting you dispose of the cloaked Kett easily.

Just played a Gold match with a level 1 Turian Agent, and almost got the top score.
    the most hilarious thing about human infiltrators is that they make for better close range shotgun/melee masters who can handle groups of mobs.

I've been really busy in the past week, and I come back to this:

Dhan
    Increased damage from 595–688 to 850–983

Lmao, like the Dhan was weak or something.
    The biotic damage boost is nice.
    Rifles were trash. The buff is well deserved, but I already had to go thru w/o them :s

10+ Year Old Account
    They buffed the Dhan? Now that's one weapon that actually didn't need any further attention...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    the most hilarious thing about human infiltrators is that they make for better close range shotgun/melee masters who can handle groups of mobs.
    This is not uncommon. A lot of classes in the game do not seem to quite work out as intended. I played as a sniper in the single-player, using the Infiltrator profile for the first ~40% of the game, but then I switched to Explorer profile, because it seemed to give better bonuses for infiltrator-like gameplay, and the passive dodge modifier was way more useful than the Infiltrator's one.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    They buffed the Dhan? Now that's one weapon that actually didn't need any further attention...
    The problem with Dhan was that, having high damage, it also had a very low scatter. One usually uses shotguns at close range, and at that range it is very hard to hit enemies with a low-scatter weapon, given how fast they appear to be moving relative to the crosshair.

Honestly, the only shotgun I found somewhat useful in the game before the buff was Reegar Carbine. After the buff, even previously-trash shotguns like Disciple or Ruzad can be used successfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    What!?! Dragon Age too?...
    No, it isn't. Dragon Age: Inquisition was a commercial and critical success. A sequel is surely coming.

Edit: Though we probably won't see it before 2019. Which happens to coincide with the franchise's tenth anniversary. Next year we'll probably get Bioware's new IP, so having Dragon Age the year after makes sense. Unless the new IP, rumoured to be an MMO like consumes Bioware like WoW consumed Blizzard for a while.
    Last edited by mmoc992ee115d3; 2017-05-15 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Couple of things:

1. Alpha footage is from Unreal engine, with ME3 art style, they probably started with ME3 engine and then switched to Frostbite, hence the release delay. Facial animations obviously couldn't be transferred as is, because they had to change the faces to new procedural ones (from ME3 system to MEA system).

2. Somewhere in the middle of production, someone for whatever reason decided to change the Art Style from serious and dark ME3 to cheery rainbow MEA. Probably because "A new start should be cheery - dark is bad", probably from someone from marketing.
    Or maybe it's EA learning how to be downgrade scumbag like Ubisoft does with their trailers for hype/marketing purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Jesus Christ, what the hell happened? The Alpha build looks decent, a few changes to the human's model and it'd have been more or less alright. The Krogan in the release build looks so silly, his face and armor look like they were designed by a child.
    It's not the only example. All the trailers you see for MEA have been touched up to lie to you.

Last edited by corebit; 2017-05-16 at 02:24 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I'm glad it's happened so. The amount of LGBT characters and ugly females turned the game into farce and people are not willing to pay for it.

So they are making another MMO....Bioware is just dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I'm glad it's happened so. The amount of LGBT characters and ugly females turned the game into farce and people are not willing to pay for it.
    Hahaha... I will probably pick it up in the bargain bin for less than half the price.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

going with a pure tank/damage-sponge build on my turian soldier. Not sure what rank 6 evolution to choose for the armor ability though.

If you have your char at level X, I mean, for example, Turian Soldier X and lvl 20, you can put one al lvl 1 and the others at 6 of the skills

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    going with a pure tank/damage-sponge build on my turian soldier. Not sure what rank 6 evolution to choose for the armor ability though.
    Fortify? I wouldn't pick the option boosting your DR while not moving, because on Gold there are very few situations in which you will be taking damage and still sitting in cover without dodging the attacks. I took it for my Krogan Vanguard, because I misunderstood it initially and thought that, after staying in one place for 5 seconds, you would get a DR bonus for the whole duration of the activated skill - turned out it was a waste of 6 points.

No matter how tanky your char is, unless it is Vanguard, you won't be able to take much damage without having to run away / cover up. That's why I prefer to focus on the choices that increase your mobility and recharge speeds, rather than raw damage resistance, shield and health values. For Vanguards, it is more tricky, as you have to be able to withstand a substantial amount of damage before your Charge is recharged (pun not intended), so you need to find a balance between tankiness and recharge speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    So... like ME3 then? 1 of the skills always stays level 1? Damnit...
    Well the levelling system is identical so that's no surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greenmangaming sent me a 50% voucher for Mass Effect Andromeda. Sale ends on the 19th. Assuming you need to be on their mailing list.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The real question is... 50k or 100k boxes from multiplayer?

I'm leaning toward the 50k.. got a good run and shot to 100k pretty quick, was disappointed with the 100k box Got a sidewinder so I no longer have to use a Charger but... disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    The real question is... 50k or 100k boxes from multiplayer?

I'm leaning toward the 50k.. got a good run and shot to 100k pretty quick, was disappointed with the 100k box Got a sidewinder so I no longer have to use a Charger but... disappointing.

The best for me was focus in the cheap ones, then the next ones, etc.