Deleted

reclaim old account - benefits?

I really liked the new trailer and wanted to check out the game after a couple of years. I played for ~6 months when the game was initially released in 2011.

It seems my account was hacked at some point, the login redirected me to email them. I didn't get a response so far (2 days).
    Also I don't have access to the email account I used back in the days to create the account.

Is it worth it to go through a lengthy reclaim process for my old account or should I just create a new one? I will subscribe and create/lvl up a new char anyway. Are there any benefits for old accounts?

Thank you.

This happend to my old collectors account when I had quit a long time ago. When I tried to get to get it back they sent me from person to person and finally they told me i had to email someone. When I did they said unless I had the current email they could do nothing to help lol.

I said fuck it i give up and after i cooled off i bought a new game and did it all over again.

To be honest it depends on what you had done with the old account.

I had a STO original account with lots of fluff n stuff that i no longer had the email address for. That account had LOTS in it but in the end I decided its just a game and I can always get that stuff back with a bit o work.

The Collectors edition of SWTOR does not have a lot going for it sept a speeder and VIP token which I have used maybe 10 time out of THREE years(or however ling this game has been out)

just start a new account and go to the refer a friend thread here to get some goodies and sub up it its the 12 xp your looking to get into.

Unless you really played the hell out of the game form the 6 months you did sub. I can't see any major reason to go through the account process especially if you are no longer in control of the email it's attached to. It may be really difficult to get that account back.

However, with the 12X going on, you can have any toon to max level in just a couple days and as the person said above me. Grab a referral code and get some goodies plus 7 free days.

Unless I had collected some really rare items back then, I don't think I would go through the process to get it back given you don't have the email for the account. Make a new one and start fresh.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even some of the rare items back then aren't worth it. I have a white crystal I bought back at launch times for 2.5mil back when that was a ton of credits. Now, while it's great I have it, unlike the cartel market ones I can't make a copy of it on all my characters which makes me sad...

Otherwise yeah, I'd just make a new one and take full advantage of the 12x XP event going on. You'll have everything maxed by the time Oct 19th rolls around.

Call them. A 20 minute phone call will give you your account back and they normally give you a week of sub time once they restore it. Then you can decide for yourself if you like the new stuff or not.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reclaim your legacy!!!
    You cared enough to post.