Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah sure k buddy, I guess its so overhyped people demanded a remake for 20 years and actually got one. And lets forget what it not only did for playstation but for consoles as a whole. Oh and introducing RPGs to the mainstream. And cultural references for years to come. Yeah so over hyped..../sarcasm off.
    The original Ford was also groundbreaking. That doesn't change the fact that it would be considered a piece of crap by today's standards. FF7's storyline was horrible and had one of the worst protagonists in the entire franchise. FF6 is infinitely better if only it had come out during the 3D graphics era...

Deleted
    I'm already disappointed. How did they not tease chocobo racing? Now that they didn't even show a Chocobo or the Gold Saucer I'm worried that this will just be FF7 light - HD edition with 90% of all the mini-games and secondary content removed. I would have thrown my wallet at my screen so hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    The original Ford was also groundbreaking. That doesn't change the fact that it would be considered a piece of crap by today's standards. FF7's storyline was horrible and had one of the worst protagonists in the entire franchise. FF6 is infinitely better if only it had come out during the 3D graphics era...
    I don't even know where to start with this. Comparing a game that you can play and still enjoy today to the car industry? really? Can you guys take your anti final fantasy 7 party somewhere else

7+ Year Old Account
    You know what I find funny, after YEARS of us asking, pleading on hands and knees for a remake of 7 and after all the pain and tears....we get it.

And now people are wanting remakes from other series and shrugging off FF7 remake?

Lolwut???????????

Once my husband finds out (he's deployed to Japan), I imagine I'll be able to feel his joy radiating over the pacific ocean. Of course... if any of the older final fantasy games got remade, not just for VII. He'd nerdgasm, and probably keel over out of excitement.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am interested, but not really excited. Looking at other 'remakes'/editions, Square Enix has not necessarily done bad, but has not done good either.

I know they can make good as cut scenes, I want to see gameplay footage. I want it just to be a graphical/sound update. Not fancy ass combat system(pretty much killed every new ff for me). I don't really want them to change anything gameplay wise. I want to play the old game that looks and sounds better, not different. If they do this, they can have my money, if they don't, no.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrace View Post
    You know what I find funny, after YEARS of us asking, pleading on hands and knees for a remake of 7 and after all the pain and tears....we get it.

And now people are wanting remakes from other series and shrugging off FF7 remake?

Lolwut???????????
    People are disgusting. Look at this thread for example. I and many of my friends have wanted a ff7 remake for years and today we find out its coming. And people have to chime in with "the story is crap, the lead character sucks". God i hate people. No one is forcing you to get it

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    everytime i want to play ff7, the game design holds me back, i just hate to play midget heroes

now atleast i can play it and see how fun it is

but i am pretty sure it cannot beat my dream game ff8 <3

Quit thinking of "people" as a single homogeneous entity. Different people like different things. These probably aren't the same people now asking for something different. Whenever you would see the "remake/master ff7" discussions there were always people who liked other numbers better.

Tactics>6>7>10>8>9>12>everything else >> 13

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt the story fell flat, nothing was truly gripping in the first hours of it. Maybe the remake will change the story telling a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine watching Aeris die in HQ.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10 > 9 > 7 > 8. I don't remember 1-6 well enough to rank them so I'm just doing the later ones.

Still pretty psyched about the remake though.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    VII is the first one to be remade, X was just remastered.
    I believe FF4 for 3DS was the first complete Remake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be shedding tears all over again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Omg.....the feels...TwT

I'm curious to see how this turns out. Some refinements to the gameplay could make me very interested to play a remake of FF7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I believe FF4 for 3DS was the first complete Remake.
    I stand corrected.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Quit thinking of "people" as a single homogeneous entity. Different people like different things. These probably aren't the same people now asking for something different. Whenever you would see the "remake/master ff7" discussions there were always people who liked other numbers better.
    To say its over hyped and even comparing it to the car industry(wtf??) just shows the ignorance. And then they act like opinion is fact.

It's cool they're remaking it; i'd rather they updated the previous installments instead of releasing new FF games.

I wonder if Square isn't doing so hot financially, and they're using this as a sure fire way to generate $$$. Love it or hate it, 7 is the most popular.