Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    It's not the type of enemy NPC that's pertinent, it's the game mechanics.
    Outside of some indie games and splatoon can you share some games with non generic mechanics?

Been playing it for 15hrs, I like the game so far. The world is beautiful and the dungeons are cool.

you know... all the comparisons to Inquisition/assasin's creed/far cry... like is a bad thing. I know I'm not the only person for whom those comparisons are actualy a positive sign.

Hmm, it says this game comes out on the 28th for me. How is it that everyone is playing already?

Anyway, I'm a fan of those types of games as well Witchblade, so I'm excited to play this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you know... all the comparisons to Inquisition/assasin's creed/far cry... like is a bad thing. I know I'm not the only person for whom those comparisons are actualy a positive sign.
    It's being compared to everything. It's an rpg so mostly Witcher, Mass Effect and Skyrim comparisons. The Ubisoft games are used as a comparison as to how to do things. E.g the jimquisition review says it makes the Ubisoft games look bad.

I notice some are comparing it to Zelda even.

Generally this developer is famous for their action mostly. Based on killzone. I always knew they would knock it out of the park there. The fact they got a killer story, great characters, amazing world etc right is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    It's being compared to everything. It's an rpg so mostly Witcher, Mass Effect and Skyrim comparisons. The Ubisoft games are used as a comparison as to how to do things. E.g the jimquisition review says it makes the Ubisoft games look bad.

I notice some are comparing it to Zelda even.

Generally this developer is famous for their action mostly. Based on killzone. I always knew they would knock it out of the park there. The fact they got a killer story, great characters, amazing world etc right is fantastic.
    I just mean some people are using comparisons and any resemblance at all like its a bad thing, that it means the game is not good. but... like Valeron above.. I LIKE those games? (even with how endless freaking Hinterlands was). that and I kinda expected the game to be similar from the trailers. its not EVERYONE's thing, but... bad thing? heh

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    Yeah I like Inquisition and I like quite a few of the Assassin's Creed games I've played, so if Horizon is similar to those types of games then I'm fine with that. Now I don't know if I'll get Horizon right away though. I've been following the development of Mass Effect Andromeda for months and would like to get that game first, plus I want to get the Morrowind expansion for ESO when that comes out, so I don't know if I'll really have the time or money to get Horizon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Yeah I like Inquisition and I like quite a few of the Assassin's Creed games I've played, so if Horizon is similar to those types of games then I'm fine with that. Now I don't know if I'll get Horizon right away though. I've been following the development of Mass Effect Andromeda for months and would like to get that game first, plus I want to get the Morrowind expansion for ESO when that comes out, so I don't know if I'll really have the time or money to get Horizon as well.
    for me, I'm getting all 3. (I was on the fence about andromeda for month, but decided to just grab a regular digital edition after all) the few weeks between Horizon and Andormeda should allow me to finish Horizon and ESO is not until june the money concern through, I definitely understand. honestly, if you are not getting physical collector's edition, preorder bonuses are ok, but they are not make or break, so missing out on them is not a big deal IMO, if you decide to wait.

Deleted
    On Pro this is native 4K via checkerboard rendering. Which is interesting. Kojima's game is using the same engine.

The combat is superb but I think kojima can improve the facial animations.

4K screens look stunning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    http://www.usgamer.net/articles/hori...ro-dawn-review

While all of the mainstream sites are glorifying the game, Caty McCarthy is saying that the meat of the gameplay is grindy without satisfying context or variation, and it is distinctively out of character for the main character to be accepting side quests, with the open world gameplay only existing out of the West's supposed obligatory need for it in RPGs. The final portions of the campaign apparently have severe pacing issues. The story also appears to rely too much on "tell" instead of "show", and by the time you reach the endgame there's no motivation for the player to continue playing.

TL;DR: Game gets stale after the first couple hours and the story flip flops along.

- - - Updated - - -

IOW, it plays like an Ubisoft game.
    Caty should not be taken serious. Not only is she a novice reviewer, she also refers to the game as 'C-tier. Now I can fully understand that a game has flaws and not be a 9 or 8 in your eyes, but the sheer quality of the game that is on display would most probably never warrant a 'C-rating. The points she talks down are ironically being addressed as positive points by others. It's clear clickbait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I've read some reviews, and the impression I'm getting is that it's graphically gorgeous but lacks character. Witcher 3 kept me going because the story and characters were so good, not to mention the music. I'm getting a DA: Inquisition/Far Cry/Assassin's Creed vibe from this. I'm going to wait until the game's been out for a bit and gauge consumer reaction before I decide to splurge money on it.
    Not sure what you mean with 'lacks' character. The protagonist is personable and sure as hell as more personality than the autistic and lethargic Geralt. There was fear that Horizon Zero Dawn would have a generic story, but now we know that is has not and that the hype was warranted. Furthermore the game has more in common with monsterhunter. But basically, when you don't like the feel of the game or the characters or the gameplay then you never have to make a day one purchase or even a day 2. What we do know is that Horizon is living up to it's hype.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Outside of some indie games and splatoon can you share some games with non generic mechanics?
    I'm sure Darkambient is trolling here. the combat mechanics in Horizon is like a more innovative VATS system and every enemy has it's own unique feature to be exploited. Not to mention that you can choose how you approach it and that going into battle with a rambo mindset will most likely get you killed. So I'm really curious what generic gameplay he's referring to. Sure, there are ingame elements from other games implemented, but why should that be a negative point? It's perfectly functional and made appropriate for Horizon's ambiance. The meat of the game has it's own character and that's what counts.

Deleted
    A game like this will attract the trolls as its exclusive. There are literally only '2' reviews below 69 or lower. It's mainly scoring in the 90-100 range which is impressive. RPG with the quality of other genre's control and features. It's a shorter game than many big RPG's but focused on quality over quantity.

http://opencritic.com/game/2862/horizon-zero-dawn

4K media here: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_a_bit_...-18817_en.html

A game like this will attract the trolls as its exclusive. There are literally only '2' reviews below 69 or lower. It's mainly scoring in the 90-100 range which is impressive. RPG with the quality of other genre's control and features. It's a shorter game than many big RPG's but focused on quality over quantity.
    Been playing the game now for 34 hours, it's an amazing game and people giving it a bad score/negative comments are pretty much idiots. While the game side quests aren't as good as the witcher 3, they are enjoyable and not too repetitive.
    The game has lived up to the hype for me.

Man what the actual hell is Microsoft doing. Making me wish I'd gotten a PS4.

I wish this and Nioh at least came on PC. At least I can get Nier.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Been playing the game now for 34 hours
    Hrm? Do you have a time machine?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Hrm? Do you have a time machine?
    i got "media" friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been on the fence whether or not to buy this on release with so many games that I want coming out. Really debating between this and Ghost Recon: Wildlands atm.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite usually not liking sci-fi blended with fantasy, I would play this if it were on PC. Exclusives are the worst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Despite usually not liking sci-fi blended with fantasy, I would play this if it were on PC. Exclusives are the worst.
    Exclusives also lead to great customised games. See WOW.

Awesome launch trailer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Exclusives also lead to great customised games.
    I don't understand what this means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    I don't understand what this means.
    It means they utilise the full power of a console to create stunning games that a non exclusive might not be able to reach. Theres a reason why most of the best looking games are exclusives. I don't agree with exclusives much but they have their perks.