Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Yeah, im doing better now. I also was able to afford some "epic" weapons. So I have hardpoint arrows and things like that now which are helping. Though I got too cocky and saw some giant ass bird attacking some people and thought "I got this"...I didn't have it.
    That giant ass bird is the only enemy that ever gave me a hard time the entire game. Their constant movement and being so far away many times makes it difficult to pinpoint weak spots. I'm not sure if it's because I didn't really gear for anything but damage but even tearblast arrows were difficult to use...having to use like 10 or more to disengage their wing blaster thingy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That giant ass bird is the only enemy that ever gave me a hard time the entire game. Their constant movement and being so far away many times makes it difficult to pinpoint weak spots. I'm not sure if it's because I didn't really gear for anything but damage but even tearblast arrows were difficult to use...having to use like 10 or more to disengage their wing blaster thingy's.
    Ropecaster

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ropecaster

/10char
    I honestly didn't ever touch or use the Ropecaster until after I had beaten the game because I was having so much fun doing the other stuff and using the other weapons. As I said, I used traps and stealth approach for everything and loved it. Stormbirds were obviously problematic because they fly and are very difficult to sneak up on, but to me that just meant the fights lasted longer. I'd snipe a few hits, run and hide, snipe a few more, hide, find some other machine to override and bring it with me if possible, set a trap around the area while the animals fought while sneaking in shots to the vulnerable parts and eventually it would go down.

I'll definitely be utilizing the ropecaster more often on my next sessions within the game though now that I know what it can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I shoot off its thunder gun, try to shoot off the boosters on its wingers, and some extra plate it has. Then I light with up with ice arrows or ice bombs until the circle if full. Then I move to my hard hitting arrows, sometimes bombs if I happen to have them slotted. I actually like killing the stormbirds that are out in the open because they're easy exotics for me. There is one thats in a jungle and close to stalkers I believe. Never even bothered to try killing that one. People say use ropecaster. To be honest I've only used ropecasters up to the first cauldron.

Ice arrows are OP unless its something like snapjaws, then fire has same damage amplification bonus as ice.

The chicken/ostrich looking birds (I call them snitches) are extremely vulnerable to shock. One of the few mid tier machines that can practically be one shot with an elemental attack.

The only machines that truly give me a hard time are behemoths and stalkers. Behemoths just confuse the hell out of me, stalkers are ridiculous.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-07-24 at 11:35 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The huge birds are more tedious than hard to be honest, even the strongest weapons hit them for tiny damage compared to their health.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I shoot off its thunder gun, try to shoot off the boosters on its wingers, and some extra plate it has. Then I light with up with ice arrows or ice bombs until the circle if full. Then I move to my hard hitting arrows, sometimes bombs if I happen to have them slotted. I actually like killing the stormbirds that are out in the open because they're easy exotics for me. There is one thats in a jungle and close to stalkers I believe. Never even bothered to try killing that one. People say use ropecaster. To be honest I've only used ropecasters up to the first cauldron.

Ice arrows are OP unless its something like snapjaws, then fire has same damage amplification bonus as ice.

The chicken/ostrich looking birds (I call them snitches) are extremely vulnerable to shock. One of the few mid tier machines that can practically be one shot with an elemental attack.

The only machines that truly give me a hard time are behemoths and stalkers. Behemoths just confuse the hell out of me, stalkers are ridiculous.
    Behemoths were fun to me because by the time I got to them I had unlocked override on several machines that I could send their way and watch from a distance. The main thing with them is to take out that giant ball in their belly so they can't thunderstomp. Stalkers are a pain in the ass. Only reliable way I found to take them is traps and the trap caster thingy. FYI, you can stack multiple traps on top of each other to multiply the effect. My first order of business with them was always to take out their stealth generator. I learned to listen for their distinct sound when stealthed. In most areas where there are stalkers, there are Sawtooths nearby which can rip them apart, so if possible override a Sawtooth and let it do the work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    The huge birds are more tedious than hard to be honest, even the strongest weapons hit them for tiny damage compared to their health.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Got to hit them with elemental arrows....ezpz..

Just finally beat the game. Don't judge...easily my favorite game of all time. That final scene was a complete gutpunch of emotions. GG went from making one of the most over-rated fps(IMO) to making my favorite game of all time....I think HZD-esque games are their calling and kudos to Sony for letting them try something different. Now I can't wait for the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Got to hit them with elemental arrows....ezpz..

Just finally beat the game. Don't judge...easily my favorite game of all time. That final scene was a complete gutpunch of emotions. GG went from making one of the most over-rated fps(IMO) to making my favorite game of all time....I think HZD-esque games are their calling and kudos to Sony for letting them try something different. Now I can't wait for the expansion.
    you mean the frozen wilds dlc? honestly im only expecting that to be a 1-3 hour extension to the game. its $20 and in interviews about it, the developer gets very vague when asked about gametime of the dlc. as for the next Horizon game I wonder what the story is gonna be. if Aloy is gonna be the main character again which i would imagine, it cant be a prequel cuz shes too young. and the ending of the first game isnt something we'll see the consequences of for YEARS, and i doubt they wanna time jump Aloy that much. im excited nonetheless.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    you mean the frozen wilds dlc? honestly im only expecting that to be a 1-3 hour extension to the game. its $20 and in interviews about it, the developer gets very vague when asked about gametime of the dlc. as for the next Horizon game I wonder what the story is gonna be. if Aloy is gonna be the main character again which i would imagine, it cant be a prequel cuz shes too young. and the ending of the first game isnt something we'll see the consequences of for YEARS, and i doubt they wanna time jump Aloy that much. im excited nonetheless.
    For $20 it better be more than 1-3 hour extension.

So I am finally getting into this game. Just finished meridian thing and I have a feeling I've barely done much with the main story because it said lvl 10 for the quest and I'm like 27 lol. I stumbled into cauldron zeta I think. I knew something was up when there were massive amounts of herbs everywhere and zero climbing to get to the "beast"...then I realized why when I saw my first thunderjaw. All I want to say is thank you shadow ropecaster I bought right before going there.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    So I am finally getting into this game. Just finished meridian thing and I have a feeling I've barely done much with the main story because it said lvl 10 for the quest and I'm like 27 lol. I stumbled into cauldron zeta I think. I knew something was up when there were massive amounts of herbs everywhere and zero climbing to get to the "beast"...then I realized why when I saw my first thunderjaw. All I want to say is thank you shadow ropecaster I bought right before going there.
    Yea you've barely scratched the surface....It's so good though. I can't wait for the dlc/expansion.

Pardon the 3 month bump - but I'm really kinda shocked nobody is talking about the new expansion "The Frozen Wilds" for Horizon: Zero Dawn that just came out yesterday.

Enjoying it right now and it's pretty damn beefy for what you get!

Was worried it would be small when you see the section of the map that gets added. It looks small, but it's pretty damn diverse... and so far lots of dialogue/cut scenes and quite a few collectibles (Pigments, Animal Sculptures, bluegems or whatever they're called, ect...)

Discovered a new type of weapon as well (hoping there's more! Trying not to spoil myself as to if there is/isnt)

Also adds a NICE game mode that lets you export out your gamesave and lets you restart the game with all your skills/weapons obtained (except apparently some quest items?)

Anyways, anybody else playing this? If anything - it's worth promoting on the principle that this is DLC done PROPERLY... none of the microtransaction BS.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Anyways, anybody else playing this? If anything - it's worth promoting on the principle that this is DLC done PROPERLY... none of the microtransaction BS.
    Grabbed the CE awhile back and just haven't gotten around to playing it. I been hearing the expansion is quite good tho and well worth the price.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pardon the 3 month bump - but I'm really kinda shocked nobody is talking about the new expansion "The Frozen Wilds" for Horizon: Zero Dawn that just came out yesterday.

Was worried it would be small when you see the section of the map that gets added. It looks small, but it's pretty damn diverse... and so far lots of dialogue/cut scenes and quite a few collectibles (Pigments, Animal Sculptures, bluegems or whatever they're called, ect...)

Discovered a new type of weapon as well (hoping there's more! Trying not to spoil myself as to if there is/isnt)

Also adds a NICE game mode that lets you export out your gamesave and lets you restart the game with all your skills/weapons obtained (except apparently some quest items?)

Didn't the export stuff come with the NG+ patch like 2 months ago? I was thinking of picking it up but i've heard it is one of those 'gaiden' situations where its a playground thats not really canon and wont effect the story in the mainsequel. Which always feels like a waste of time to me. Maybe its to do with Aloys voice actress taking part in the strike that also lead to Life is Strange getting that ironically strange prequel starring a side character or something but when you have beaten the main game and know about the whole Zero Dawn Project tribal savages that view machines as magic kind of feels like a step backwards and if it is a none canon runaround i have the same interest level as i did for the Nier Automata DLC that did something similar and i didn't buy that either.

I have the dlc, but haven't actually started playing it yet. Right now I'm busy with playing .hack//G.U. Last Recode.

Problem is there's a lot of games coming out right now. I am going to buy the DLC tonight and put some time into it when I finish my Destiny nightfall and raid. I heard it was awesome so I can't wait to jump in.

So I just bought the complete edition and I think I'm about 10 hours into the story? And my god this is good (honestly surprised it lost over botw, imo is does everything better than botw).

Anyone have any tips? Also how do I get the dlc items there are included in the complete edition?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So I just bought the complete edition and I think I'm about 10 hours into the story? And my god this is good (honestly surprised it lost over botw, imo is does everything better than botw).

Anyone have any tips? Also how do I get the dlc items there are included in the complete edition?
    Yeah I had both this and BotW at the same time, and this one just does everything so much better it's ridiculous. The story in Horizon is phenomenal.

Only real tip I have is have fun, the game is amazing and combat can be approached in pretty much any way you want. I personally went with the stealth approach because while combat can be fun, IMO the game is clearly leaning towards stealth approaches given the whole stealth tutorial at the beginning and the stealthy, trap master, override approach was an absolute blast and just made sense to me.

Other than that, do the cauldrons, all of them... and explore, the more you explore the more quests you find and the more quests you do the more you hear and understand the world and the story. Main story is all told through the main quest, very little if any of the main back story is told through side quests.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

it was my console game of the year. I don't have a nintendo so I can't compare it to games like BotW.