10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] For Honor

That cane guy was awesome, i hope this game will be too so hyped since its medieval my favorite period. The game’s multiplayer was showcased at E3, but it will have a singleplayer campaign, too.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...s-samurai-game
    http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-showed-off...des-1711514301

Ubisoft Montreal has revealed its next big new game. Announced during the Ubisoft E3 2015 press conference, For Honor is a melee-only combat game focusing on brutal battles between three factions: vikings, knights, and samurai. For Honor is coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC in 2016.

Creative Director Jason Vandenberghe took to the E3 stage to talk more in depth about For Honor. A four-on-four demo showed objective-based multiplayer played on PlayStation 4. Each team pushed toward a central objective with a massive army of AI units.

A knight player engaged against two samurai and fended off their attacks before an ally came to help. The combat on show was brutal and highly lethal, with violent fights ending quickly before players moved on to the next fight, objective, or mass of disposable soldier fodder. Gruesome executions punctuated each fight.

If you’re still not sure what Your Honor is, even the developers haven’t really categorized it.

“I haven’t actually been able to really put a name to For Honor’s genre,” Vandenberghe explains. “It’s close-quarters melee combat. ‘Shooter with swords’ is something we’ve been throwing around, and it’s pretty accurate. People have tried to call it a MOBA, but it’s not really a MOBA. It seems a little like one when you look at it, but it doesn’t play that way at all. I think what’s going to happen is we’re going to release the game and then our audience is going to name it. I think they will be the ones to really name that genre.”

What we do know is that players have a deep amount of control over swinging their sword:

Using the new Art of Battle system, you will have full control over the placement of their weapons. You can attack and move around just like you normally would, and then you can also lock onto a single opponent and enter into a dueling mode. The second you lock onto a target, your right stick goes from controlling your camera to controlling your stance. If you flick to the right with your stick, you move to hold your sword or shield on the right side.

Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-06-16 at 07:09 AM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

My body is so ready for this. What makes it even better is that there are big armies of AI units and such. I have been really craving a game that lets you feel like you are in the middle of a large scale battle. Something akin to the Viking: battle for Asgard game from Creative Assembly or Kingdoms Under Fire 2 which we'll probably never see.

Just the atmosphere look great as well with the constant barrage of arrows and siege weaponry flying about in the background and such. Can't wait to charge in as a bearded viking with a giant axe and lop some heads off. I hope there is some character customization in terms of appearance.

When i saw this playing i was really excited and like wow this looks nice!!! But when it came out as just MP it sems like another Chivalry: Medieval Warfare game, Kinda sad 90% of games are all gonna be MP.. some people like me are unsocial bastards and just wanna play alone to relax xD

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    When i saw this playing i was really excited and like wow this looks nice!!! But when it came out as just MP it sems like another Chivalry: Medieval Warfare game, Kinda sad 90% of games are all gonna be MP.. some people like me are unsocial bastards and just wanna play alone to relax xD
    It'll have singleplayer too
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

One of my top picks on e3 so far, just love me some medieval slaughter.

Deleted
    That actually looks like a lot of fun. Love Chivalry (don't play it often, but when I do I always have a good time).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes do want. <3
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, kinda zoned out during the beginning of the Ubisoft conference but this game looks REALLY cool. My body is ready.

Looks pretty sick...