Thread: HFC Boss order

Deleted

HFC Boss order

Hi guys and girls,

maybe i've overseen something but is there a list/guide in which order the bosses of HFC are ordered?
    Is the raid linear again?
    Ulduarstyle?
    BRF-style?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the case of HFC the ilvls increase as you go wing by wing... so the progression order is pretty set this time around. The ilvl and tuning increases with every set of bosses. Hellbreach, then Hall of Blood, Bastion of Shadows and Destructor's Rise. Then Archimonde, of course.

Deleted
    It seems pretty linear to me. It's hard for me to tell for sure from ptr as there are a few junctions, but it may well be that certain doors are closed off until you kill certain bosses.

as far as I know you can do, after you defeat the second Boss (Iron Reaver), at least Kormrok,Hellfire High Council and Gorefiend so it's not entirely linear.
    what do you think is easier ? Kormrok or Helfire High Council ? it's the same Wing (or rather drop the same Ilvl) or is Gorefiend easyier as the other two? It's quite interessing,which will be the best/most sensible kill order?(well, we will see it on progress race at the latest^^).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's too early to compare the difficulty of two bosses in the same wing (i.e. drop the same ilvl loot) because we haven't really seen the final tuning. A simple boss can be more tightly tuned than a complicated boss, and we don't always know how different things will be live compared to the brief PTR previews.

What usually happens is the trailblazers go through the bosses one by one how they appear in the encounter journal or w/e and then later guilds adapt their order based on what the bleeding edge guilds struggled with.

Deleted
    I should make it more clear.
    The aim of my question was more for the general layout of the raid (linear, wings, etc), then for order of difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    The actual physical layout is somewhat wing-based. You start off outside and you need to beat the first two encounters in order before you can enter the main Citadel itself. After that though, the path splits off in different directions for each wing. The only thing is, in what I've seen inside the instance on PTR you've only had one boss or one wing available at a time for testing purposes, so I can't say for sure if different wings will be blocked off by doors/walls until certain bosses are dead, or if you'll be able to wander freely.

WoWhead has maps if you want to see the layout of the areas: http://ptr.wowhead.com/zone=7545/hellfire-citadel

I'm pretty sure you can tackle High Council or Kromrok in any order, depending on if you go left or right. I don't know if you have to beat both to progress or just one of them.

Blizzard talked about being able to skip ahead in wings too if you didn't need loot from the earlier ones. Not sure how that will manifest. Maybe a quest like in BRF with Blackhand, or maybe the doors will just be left open. I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Leih; 2015-06-16 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    The actual physical layout is somewhat wing-based. You start off outside and you need to beat the first two encounters in order before you can enter the main Citadel itself. After that though, the path splits off in different directions for each wing. The only thing is, in what I've seen inside the instance on PTR you've only had one boss or one wing available at a time for testing purposes, so I can't say for sure if different wings will be blocked off by doors/walls until certain bosses are dead, or if you'll be able to wander freely.

WoWhead has maps if you want to see the layout of the areas: http://ptr.wowhead.com/zone=7545/hellfire-citadel

I'm pretty sure you can tackle High Council or Kromrok in any order, depending on if you go left or right. I don't know if you have to beat both to progress or just one of them.

Blizzard talked about being able to skip ahead in wings too if you didn't need loot from the earlier ones. Not sure how that will manifest. Maybe a quest like in BRF with Blackhand, or maybe the doors will just be left open. I'm not sure.
    They stated there will be quests to skip certain parts of the raid if your raid so wishes, so I imagine it'll be very similar to the Blackhand quest in BRF.

Just going from memory it goes something like this

Hellfire Assault > Iron Reaver > Then its open for Kormok/Gorefiend/Hellfire Council (after Hellfire Council is Kilrogg) > After Gorefiend it splits up a lot and I'm honestly not sure which boss unlocks which here > then after they are killed it opens the way to teleport to the top of the citadel where Mannoroth is and after him is Archimonde

10+ Year Old Account
    You can compare it to Black Temple with some bosses being gated and some open. From my PTR experience:

Entrance: 2 Bosses

Hellfire Assault -> Iron Reaver

Door opens: 4 Bosses

Kormrok (north)
    Hellfire High Council -> Killrog Deadeye (both south)
    Gorefiend (west)

Teleport to upper floor: 5 Bosses

Shadowlord Iskar (west)
    Socretar the Eternal -> Tyrant Velhari (both south)
    Fel Lord Zakuun (north, may require Shadowlord Iskar or going around the eastern path)
    Xhul'horac (east)

Teleport to top floor: 2 Bosses

Mannoroth -> Archimonde

Maybe i missed one or two doors that were not present during PTR testing, but this should be the basic layout of HFC.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm unsure about is whether Gorefiend will be blocked off in the release version of the instance until you killed Council/Kormrok... and if so will you be able to kill Kilrogg without doing Kormrok?

I also wonder if you will be able to go on to Zakuun and Xhul'horac before you beat Iskar and Socrethar? The way the actual map is laid out doesn't match super clearly with the way they've distributed the item levels. There are wings, but the "wings" of loot are not the same as the wings on the map. That's kind of why I figured there may be blocked off doors/walls put in for the live version.

Buuut maybe not... I have no idea. Any time I've been in for testing there was only one boss spawned anyway.

Judging by beta council seems easier than komrok, kilrog seems to be slightly harder than both.
    gorefiend seems the hardest choice of those 4.
    hmm not sure there are any more choices of bossorders beyond those.
    this is in hc ofc. To early to say what bosses is the easiest/hardest in mythic yet.

xulhorac seems the hardest boss be4 the last 2.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2015-06-16 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the replies. Thats roughly what i was looking for.
    *bow*