10+ Year Old Account

Best professions for making money

What are best professions for making money ?

professions don't make money any more just do your garrison missions

Gathering professions might net you a nice income with the launch of Patch 6.2, with Felblight being a new crafting material, but as Darkpoison said, professions don't really get you that much money outside of making Potions & Flasks for Raids and such.

How about mining and enchanting? That's what I picked up on my new levelling toon. It helps to disenchant all the gear you get from levelling since I have all the heirloom gear. Since I will be running around, mining is not bad, you get resources and sell them off (you can mine anywhere with low skill level I think in this expansion but you won't reap max mats from a node). There are folks that want to buy raw mats i.e. ores etc for levelling JC, Blacksmithing etc instead of having a gathering profession. With those two, you are strictly generating materials with the benefit of also being able to enchant your rings and necklace - a perk for enchanting. So there is good benefit. Mining I believe give you toughness? an increase in stamina?

my 2 cents

Ring & Necklace enchants are not exclusive to Enchanting.

Make sure you have a follower in building...

Tailoring = Hexweave bags = 2k a pop on my server ( I use 2 barns to feed fur to 5 tailors)

JC follower daily alone is ~250g per day, sell gems (get all the ore/herbs needed via mine/herb garden)

Inscription follower daily, again can be ~250g per day (herb garden provides all herbs needed)

Tailor/Blacksmith/Inscription/JC/Leatherworker - all these craft essences to upgrade crafted gear and the demand for those will go up with 6.2 release

I have always found gold from crafting to be a long term approach, to make a lot of gold you have to sell a lot of crafted items. When 6.0 released I sold over 70 28 slot bags at 5k each, however it took me 3-4 months in prior expansion to create that inventory

10+ Year Old Account
    The best profession for making money is alts raising.

Deleted
    Not Engineering that's for sure. I'm sitting here with a million Gearspring's and naught a thing to do with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gathering professions will be $$$ for the first few weeks, due to felblight being only acquireable through them.

If you don't have mining/herbing/skinning... Better have an extra kidney.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpoison324 View Post
    professions don't make money any more just do your garrison missions
    That's odd. I make about 10k a day with only a half hour of work with enchanting and tailoring. I wish I'd have known this earlier.

Professions do in fact make gold. Every single one of them. It is true that there are methods to make more gold than professions, but that doesn't mean they're bad.