Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok nearly done with 9S playthrough - the huge ass sea machine is down, and got past the Adam kill by 2B (which obviously you don't experience since you're taken away after the missile blast). In the bunker right now and i think it's just nuking Eve left.

All-in-all, combat with 9S works best (for me) with the "set things on fire" chip for hacking, and then using fist weapons with the charged attack. He's slow anyway. Also found Masamune so some weapons are at max level now.

And f*** the "Idiot savant" sidequest. I mean, they couldn't concieve an harder hacking minigame.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I mean, they couldn't concieve an harder hacking minigame.

Oh, keep playing. Just keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Oh, keep playing. Just keep playing.
    HA. Well, i'll save my rants for later then Do weapon special abilities have any meaning - where can i find a detailed list of the effects? Otherwise i'll just go for looks

Some have longer combo chains and can be used for reaching areas you would think are out of bounds.

how else is 9s meant to reach the gravure H idol dvds in a locked chest on a roof like two blocks away from the nearest roof?

Some have longer combo chains and can be used for reaching areas you would think are out of bounds.

how else is 9s meant to reach the gravure H idol dvds in a locked chest on a roof like two blocks away from the nearest roof?
    That makes sense. Well, as far as i've seen the longest ones are small sword with a L7 chain. Should have always one of them on then

remember small in your light attack slot and heavy slot have different moves sometimes so its worth experimenting.

Ok, finished 9S and started third playthrough.

Shit literally hit the fan. Awesome.

Ok, finally achieved ending E - though i'm not entirely sure i got the "right" one. Is there something i may have missed?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, finally achieved ending E - though i'm not entirely sure i got the "right" one. Is there something i may have missed?
    Did you cry a little? That's a good indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Did you cry a little? That's a good indication.
    I cried quite a bunch. The game is awesome. I've checked an ending list just to be sure of the ending title and it's that one.

I'll play to finish it 100% (achi, all max lvl weapons, all side quests) but this game has been an hell of a play. 10/10 experience.

I cried quite a bunch. The game is awesome. I've checked an ending list just to be sure of the ending title and it's that one.

I'll play to finish it 100% (achi, all max lvl weapons, all side quests) but this game has been an hell of a play. 10/10 experience.
    and now Nier is being reprinted, gameplay is worse but man the characters and music actually puts automata to shame and automatas music is already a 10/10! so get on that

15+ Year Old Account

^5. Very flawed but it was their budget and time constraints's fault so with what they could do it was just fantastic.

Well the first DLC has been confirmed, sounds like its a free update. So far no confirmation of the robot doors doing anything but costumes coming in like Kaines for 2b and papa Niers for A2 as well as a boss rush arena, bullet customisation, new hairstyles and costumes to unlock in new missions and like FFXV you can fight the head of square enix.

The real question of course is when does it do some bullshit like send you back in time to start the drakengard story
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-04-17 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the first DLC has been confirmed, sounds like its a free update. So far no confirmation of the robot doors doing anything but costumes coming in like Kaines for 2b and papa Niers for A2 as well as a boss rush arena, bullet customisation, new hairstyles and costumes to unlock in new missions and like FFXV you can fight the head of square enix.

The real question of course is when does it do some bullshit like send you back in time to start the drakengard story
    Some footage is up on Square's website, the robot doors are the locations of the arenas.

If it's free, it's good. As for now it doesn't seem to be worth any money if there's no more story into it.

So if you are in europe you can now sign up to a waiting list for a copy of the upcoming rerelease of Nier Replicant on PS3. Its not the PS4 remake most want but man are scalpers pissed. For everyone else its a good thing though. Its going to be between 19.99 and 24.99 for a brand new 'commemorative reprint' copy which is great news considering theres no digital versions of Replicant/Gestalt and the english papa Nier games are often scalped and put online at least at retail launch price at the lowest. Now you can actually get a new copy at a cheap price.

-and actually get it, theres been plenty of people post automata trying to buy neir online and getting a case with a sonic 2006 disc or something in instead.

Gathering up all the little pieces and scattered 'lore' fragments, and putting them together... right in the feels. Nier: Melancholy and Existential Pain.

The game has its flaws (camera angles, repetition, weird balance jumps within walking distance) and some parts that are just not very enjoyable for some (usually hacking or grinding for upgrades) but it's the GotY for me so far and I doubt that'll change. Memorable soundtrack.

I feel like Yoko Taro made a very good bait-n-switch with this game.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-05-04 at 11:09 PM.

This would have been my GOTY, but Persona 5 was just too damn clean and gets the nod.

If the combat was a little less stale it might have taken the mantle, but once I unlocked all chip slots the game went from challenging to downright trivial (on the hardest non-1hko difficulty).

The music was top notch, I liked the story, but I wish they had gone into it a little bit more. The GFX and animations were also top notch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got this game recently. I had no clue what it was about, or what kind of game it was. I just know that a few friends who a completely trust on their taste of games absolutely loved it. So I bit the bullet and got it when I bought my PS4.

I'm kinda in love with just about everything that this game has to offer. I played through Route A, and am working on Route B. There are a few things that bother me, but i'm holding off until I complete all the routes to see if some of the perceived plot holes get explained.

Such as: So...they find that the resistance has been working with the enemy, who we then followed to their village. In my opinion, the Androids should have returned to the bunker and told the commander immediately about this.

Also, if the Androids aren't supposed to use emotions, then why do they all do so? 2B is pretty cold, which is what I would expect from an android race of military soldiers. But only 2B seems to act that way, while everyone else acts way more human in their speech, and their emotions.

But, i'll wait to see if that is all explained, which if the game continues to shed more and more light on the details of the story on each route, i'm sure my questions will be answered.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    But, i'll wait to see if that is all explained, which if the game continues to shed more and more light on the details of the story on each route, i'm sure my questions will be answered.
    Just play it and unlock at least the 5 main endings.