Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yes, Top Gear was very successful, no doubt. Trying to bring the same show to Netflix they need to pay this cost upfront. A big gamble to rely on say 50% of the original people to pay and watch it. I don't think Game of Thrones would survive on Netflix. I would truly say it would have never had green light, costing a reportedly $1 million for each episode.

Yes audience and star in car is not much but again you are basically copying and pasting Top Gear. Don't get me wrong I don't care if it has Clarkson, Hammond and May.
    I don't think its that big of a gamble for Netflix, they've only just recently started to produce there own stuff (House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Daredevil) and all of those shows have been met with critical success, I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't have Netflix nowadays, if they pushed Top Gear onto it as well, and put out a big enough ad campaign, they could easily recoup there fee's. There's also the fact that they don't neccessarily have to make a profit on Top Gear, simply having Top Gear only be on Netflix in certain countries will be a big enough to draw to bring in the extra custom.

As for them copy and pasting Top Gear, we'll have to see, but I think its doable.

Deleted
    Well, at least BBC found an amazing way to fight filesharing. The warez numbers of Top Gear are going to plummet.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post

I got all excited.

Then saw that it was a different Chris Evans.
    I understood this reference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    Chris Evans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33158464

Oh well, that is the end of Top Gear for me. Can't stand the moron...
    Is nothing sacred anymore???

I cant stand that ginger twat so i wont be watching (no offense to gingers )

Top gear wasnt really about the cars it was about the chemistry between Clarkson, May and Hammond and without that it may as well be a different show or just go back to what top gear used to be which was a boring consumer advice show.

Its gonna be painful to watch new presenters try to ape the success and fall flat on there arses

The coffin didn't need a nail this large...
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Great the ginger tossers going to ruin the show. Surely they had better alternates out there...

the new series will earn back what netflix spent easily. probably in just the first month. millions of people will subscribe and who knows how many others will continue subscribing.

netflix has been killing it anyways. they've had dozens of original tv shows, movies, and documentaries. most of which were well received by the target audience. barring any massive fuckups, they're a good representation of what all future tv will be.

i think the only drama they cancelled was hemlock grove, but it gets 3 seasons anyways. and people in the future will still pay for a subscription because they want see it, cancelled or not.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2015-06-17 at 12:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not my cup of tea, but I think he'll be relatively successful - he's made a success of TFI Friday, One Show and on Radio 2, so he has a fanbase.

Hopefully they'll drop the star in a reasonably priced car segment, otherwise it will be unbearable, as he's even more of a celebrity brown noser than Clarkson is.

Deleted
    I thought this thread might be the best one to discuss this news... Didn't want to create a new one since there was one like this already. So, we now know who will be joining Chris Evans in the old BBC Top Gear... And it's Matt LeBlanc.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/04/en...ter/index.html

Personally I still doubt I'll be watching this series, because it's Clarkson who basically made the series what it was, he's the one who pushed it into that style and format, and it feels like these yobbos are stealing it from him. Also, now it has two pretty much very annoying guys.

Let the show die, BBC.

Not everything has to last forever. Eventually it will become shite. Think Simpsons. Think Call of Duty. The show will still be a success monetarily, but it will be a much inferior version. Why tarnish the shows ratings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Let the show die, BBC.

Not everything has to last forever. Eventually it will become shite. Think Simpsons. Think Call of Duty. The show will still be a success monetarily, but it will be a much inferior version. Why tarnish the shows ratings?
    Difference being Simpsons is gradually becoming more stale and losing more viewers where as Top Gear was at the height of their popularity when they fired Clarkson.

They are trying to get that back, but I severely doubt they will. It'll just be another Top Gear America/Australia in terms of lame hosts.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I thought this thread might be the best one to discuss this news... Didn't want to create a new one since there was one like this already. So, we now know who will be joining Chris Evans in the old BBC Top Gear... And it's Matt LeBlanc.

Personally I still doubt I'll be watching this series, because it's Clarkson who basically made the series what it was, he's the one who pushed it into that style and format, and it feels like these yobbos are stealing it from him. Also, now it has two pretty much very annoying guys.
    Why Joey? Why?!

Top gear became so staged and fake, it was cringeworthy. I'm glad the trio are gone and will be replaced. Not everyone likes Chris Evans but he is passionate about cars and is a good presenter. Joey is an interesting choice, but I like it! All they need now is Idris Elba and the new trio is sorted

Deleted
    I always found UK Top Gear to be a bunch of immature macho-playing dorks. Especially Clarkson. Utterly unlikeable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    Top gear became so staged and fake, it was cringeworthy.
    Err... As opposed to what, exactly? I don't think you quite understood what the show was about.

Also, their Amazon show is going to blow even the old, good Top Gear out of the water, let alone this BS BBC is trying to put out now.

It got worse over time, it never used to be as bad as the more recent shows. Fifth gear remained much more about the cars, I still watch that

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

Jesus fucking christ. That picture looks like something someone would post as an April fools joke.

The sad fact is it's real. Guess TopGear is dead then, time to switch over to whatever the old team went on to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eurgh, Chris Evans is just so unlikeable.

Even on the radio he annoyed me.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I can't see it lasting for very long at all, Chris Evans is unlikable as hell.