looking to improve. shadow dps logs.

Hello,
    Recently I have switched from holy to shadow and have been working on learning the spec. I have been playing AS exclusively and finally have some logs to share. I am looking for some input. I realize I can work on DoT uptime but I seem to struggle when faced with having the insanity buff, needing to refresh the set bonus buff, and using MB on CD.
    I can't yet post links but.... warcraftlogs . com /reports/r4vhKcBxAfmFWaJy#type=damage-done&fight=5&source=35
    Thanks in advance it is much appreciated.
    -Three

Quote Originally Posted by threehunnamillion View Post
    Hello,
    Recently I have switched from holy to shadow and have been working on learning the spec. I have been playing AS exclusively and finally have some logs to share. I am looking for some input. I realize I can work on DoT uptime but I seem to struggle when faced with having the insanity buff, needing to refresh the set bonus buff, and using MB on CD.
    I can't yet post links but.... warcraftlogs . com /reports/r4vhKcBxAfmFWaJy#type=damage-done&fight=5&source=35
    Thanks in advance it is much appreciated.
    -Three
    You didn't searing insanity the pack beasts, you are failing Padding 101. Retake next semester.

Noone needs insanity for darmac

ranked 39 on darmac last ID with bender specced. Almost solo spears and cascade on beast packs.
    Soooooo much DP dumping oO

I frequently pull top for my guild on M beastlord. I don't ever sear the pack beasts. If you dot all the spears with pain and keep that up, your goal should be to use DP as to never waste orbs (IE: have 5 and gain one when capped, thus losing it). But also, using DP frequently to maximize the 4set haste bonus. I have it up for 90%+ of it. Another tip, watch spears for low hp, snipe death on any you can when you aren't capped on orbs. It's a good way to get the orbs you need for the next dp to keep 4set up. Also of course cascade when packbeasts come out but you seem to have that down. I'm sure there are some higher ranked spriests here that could give better insight but thats what works for me (I get purple 90~ at 691)

Quote Originally Posted by Naux View Post
    You didn't searing insanity the pack beasts, you are failing Padding 101. Retake next semester.
    They were dying really quick... I think three mages, two warlocks, and a warrior managed to burst them very well. Regardless thank you for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by threehunnamillion View Post
    They were dying really quick... I think three mages, two warlocks, and a warrior managed to burst them very well. Regardless thank you for the input.
    Welp yeah, you won't get high parses on that fight with people killing beasts.

Your Oregorger log is weird. You didn't die but your burst was insanely low on pull with lust. Your sustained was low while having Pain @ 32% crit on boss, 42% on crates. Are you capping on orbs and not burning them fast enough?

Run around dotting boxes that will live the longest while dumping your orbs into the boss, use a focus macro if you have to if you're detargetting the boss to dot boxes.