Where do *you* learn to change what you're doing?

[Edit - this is about mid-tier where the community changes without an in-game patch]

So as a rule I read here, the Icy-Veins guides, and the Simcraft APLs to try and figure out what I should be prioritizing and at the beginning of any tier, if there have been any changes, I'm reasonably au courant. But it seems that with most tiers there is a change to what started out as common knowledge as This is how the Warlock do that happens after a few weeks or months, the guides are static, and the Secret Warlock Tactics mailing list where everyone makes their change announcements is bouncing my signup requests.

So when a wave of tactics changes moves through the warlock world mid-tier and all y'all change your play style and/or spec and all of a sudden everyone knows that what was is no longer - where do you pick up that kind of information?
    Last edited by pacanukeha; 2015-06-17 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Clarification.

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was a Gen OT thread by the title and I was super psyched someone else was asking abstract questions and not random Economics or social justice crap.

You've given me an idea for a new question though. Thank you for the inspiration.

On topic, patch notes test realm and trial and error. A combination of those. What equates to raw numbers isn't always ideal too. I'll sacrifice up to 5% in DPS loss for a quality of life ability. Because I value survival over DPS when I play. Have to take a cookie cutter and mold it to your own style.

Well firstly I keep an eye on the WoW patchnotes. If there is something for locks then I can be pretty sure there's people chatting about it on all of the major forums. I am not a maths or a PTR person so I pretty much wait until they have sorted it out what it means.

Otherwise I keep up with each guide thread especially the ones here. Again I do think that any changes are discussed so not sure how you are missing everything. I promise I get no e-mails! What do you believe that you have missed?

- Summonstone.com for the "how to play"

- Research the fights, know where/when add spawn, when movement will be required

- analyze the top logs to see what they do / videos from top warlocks

and the new Lock IRC is a good resource as well, was posted here a little ago you can find it pretty quickly im sure

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the sticky thread for each spec here starts to cover some pretty good encounter-specific tips and discussions from several cutting edge Warlocks. Really helps when I get to those encounters 3 months later.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2015-06-18 at 07:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Summonstone.com and this site. That's about all you need. The rest are garbage. I'm not kidding; I've seen horrible advice outside of these two sites.