I'm too lazy to come up with cool unique decks for brawl. I just played Freeze Mage and won when I drew Alex and all my burn in the first few turns.

It was a fine brawl, but to me it felt too much like "You Must Be this Tall to Brawl". And, surprise surprise, priest was the optimal deck to play for both.

Deleted
    I don't like this kind of brawl. Just played one game with mage, was lucky to get Alex first turn.
    Last edited by mmocc5ffaeb8d2; 2016-06-16 at 07:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    It was a fine brawl, but to me it felt too much like "You Must Be this Tall to Brawl". And, surprise surprise, priest was the optimal deck to play for both.
    Warrior shits on Priest when you can get four big legendaries on the board turn 1 with Varian.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Warrior shits on Priest when you can get four big legendaries on the board turn 1 with Varian.
    lightbomb and you only have a ysera left, priest is good to start making a comeback?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    lightbomb and you only have a ysera left, priest is good to start making a comeback?
    Running Chromaggus, Foe Reaper, Fue/Stall, Ysera, KT, Rafaam - whole bunch of stuff that won't die to Lbomb.

I mean yeah it's a bunch of luck and whatnot to get Varian turn 1 but he also must have LBomb/MC in his opener as well.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

To get a Yshaarj off varian turn 1 is asking for a lot more than CC's a priest will be running 2x in this tbrawl

Stal/feugen are low threat to begin with, he can always steal yshaarj providing the remainder isn't lethal etc.

There are hands you can pull that are completely uncounterable by priest, but saying you have a chance to guaranteed win in a card game is like saying you have a chance to guaranteed lose. It's just the nature of card games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like saying shit like 20% of the time you win 90% of the time.

Deleted
    Gotten a few turn 2 wins with murlocs, bloodlust and Everyfin's Awesome. It doesn't work all the time but if you're not laughing to yourself when you pull it off, you have to be dead inside. Even if it's silly and stupid but hey it's tavern brawl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Gotten a few turn 2 wins with murlocs, bloodlust and Everyfin's Awesome. It doesn't work all the time but if you're not laughing to yourself when you pull it off, you have to be dead inside. Even if it's silly and stupid but hey it's tavern brawl.
    I have gotten a turn two win with Varian before.

Varian is very strong, priest is OP.

And Yogg Hat Hunter I just fun. I faced vs a Warlock...When I used Yogg it used Tree of Life...I almost had the Warlock killed but it did give me Ice Block and he casted vanish. So I held onto Yogg until he popped Ice Block....So I used him again and....He casted Circle of Life again! I ended up with a me having a full hand because of Ball of Spiders and other stuff and him having nothing. He got close because he had some strong minions and a buffed up C'Thun....but then I got Acidmaw. Because the Warlock drew so much he was getting Fatigue and I easily killed him. Such a good game.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I like how this Brawl makes budget cards like Stormwind Champion really good in Pally/Shaman and really in general. Playing on Euro and Asian servers with next to no cards it's pretty nice to be able to have a chance against high powered decks because you've got a little bit of removal, some midrange taunts and big plays like Stormwind Champion that turn your Totems/Silver Hand Knights/Mirror Images as well as your decent midrange minions into legitimate threats.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

When working towards my TB gold cap for the day I was going against this hunter (later would find out that it was the aggro variant) that conceded to me with my first turn Y'Sharrj pulling out Chrommagus move. Next game was the same hunter. I go first & play Y'Sharrj and again Chrommagus is pulled. He stayed to play the second game, which I also won, but I thought it was funny how my first move both games ended up being exactly the same due to rngness.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have been using this brawl just to clear out quests. Priest is OP in theory...but the only loss I've had to a priest in 20 games has been one that had 2 entomb 2 MC and mind games, which pulled out rag, as their first 5 cards. I don't know if I've just been coming up against trash priests or priests who have no idea to construct for this brawl or just shitty mulligans.

I have been including annoyotron, Belcher, psychotron, and occasionally sunwalkers in these decks just to watch people throw their turn 2 enraged grom into them for the giggles.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had to laugh at the Mill Rogue that kept cloning Nat the Darkfisher but didn't have good enough cards to beat my Legendary Flamewalker Mage. Returned Dr Skill to my hand once, one was a full board clear that put the Boom Bots into my hand. The player did a whole 1 damage to me and committed sepuku on Chromagus, meanwhile I still had 11 cards in my deck and 6 in my hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    So I have been using this brawl just to clear out quests. Priest is OP in theory...but the only loss I've had to a priest in 20 games has been one that had 2 entomb 2 MC and mind games, which pulled out rag, as their first 5 cards. I don't know if I've just been coming up against trash priests or priests who have no idea to construct for this brawl or just shitty mulligans.

I have been including annoyotron, Belcher, psychotron, and occasionally sunwalkers in these decks just to watch people throw their turn 2 enraged grom into them for the giggles.
    I ran Priest to do the dailies on Thursday and steamrolled a bunch of players. Ran a deck that was pretty much all legendaries and some Priest class cards like Mind Control and some draw cards. Had one game where I used Mind Vision on a Paladin and got one of the spell cards that gives a minion +3 attack and divine shield. Used it on one of my legendaries and wound up with 22 attack, nearly killed the guy in one turn but he conceded because he had no removal for that one card.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post

Hunter laughs at priest most of the time in this brawl, not talking the aggro version. A lot of it has to do with Call of the wild or any 8 turn play + coin + the 3 mana deadly shot to hold tempo & force them to keep reacting to you til you overwhelm their board and/or they run out of removal.

Plus Priest can only react to so many facelessed Sylvannases at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    This kinda gets tedious towards the end of the week when everyone's playing the top tier hearthpwn decks and your expected win rate drops dramatically and you need to play an expected 60 games for the 30 wins cap.

Hunter laughs at priest most of the time in this brawl
    Seems they're learning though. I see psychotrons, bog creepers, sludge belchers and Deathwing all over the place and it slows me down a lot.

10+ Year Old Account

Plus Priest can only react to so many facelessed Sylvannases at a time.
    I love how that sentence makes perfect sense in this game.

This week's Tavern Brawl is: Pick a Hand, Any Hand!

Pick the first seven cards of your deck, and we'll fill the rest with Unstable Portals. You get your portals AFTER your mulligan.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    This week's Tavern Brawl is: Pick a Hand, Any Hand!

Pick the first seven cards of your deck, and we'll fill the rest with Unstable Portals. You get your portals AFTER your mulligan.
    I mean, at least they took a bit of the RNG out of the Unstable Portals brawl.

Innervate seems pretty strong for a good early game.