Thread: RIP Shamans

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rogues with lower dps in BH mythic is bescause they do a lot of mechanics(soaking bombs and smashes, moving far for mortars, kiting tanks, etc)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -NeuroN- View Post
    Rogues with lower dps in BH mythic is bescause they do a lot of mechanics(soaking bombs and smashes, moving far for mortars, kiting tanks, etc)
    I know. They're having utility we don't. That's why rogues are still very good on this fight and we are just straight out shit on this boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    At least you're not a shadow priest <-----

Although I don't think sims are generally accurate, this still disapoints me because while I have a shadow priest main I was thinking about leveling a shaman for fun.
    Shadow priest is in a better state than ele or enh imo.

Yes, your ST dps sucks, but your aoe is okay and when there are multi you become awesome. And your healing cooldown is way better than us.

And there will be lots of multi in HFC so I really think SP will be way better than dps sham.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    At least you're not a shadow priest <-----

Although I don't think sims are generally accurate, this still disapoints me because while I have a shadow priest main I was thinking about leveling a shaman for fun.
    But shadows are still desired. Both were on our Blackhand Mythic Firstkill. They are in a similar spot in some way, but much better because ranged and strong aoe/multidotting.

For us, our dps just means straightout being benched. Even Elementals were quite potent in 6.1.

Honstely, a melee spec without any relevant raid utility and shit dps is just straightout bottom of all specs.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2015-06-18 at 04:51 PM.

Enhancement is actually really good. Our enhances burst moderately high and usually can be within 2-4k of the top DPS. Elemental is equally good, but a little more up and down.

They are both amazing for Challenge Modes.
    Nothing needs to be changed.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Half the posts in this thread are exactly the reason shamans need other forums than this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Enhancement is actually really good. Our enhances burst moderately high and usually can be within 2-4k of the top DPS. Elemental is equally good, but a little more up and down.

HA HA HA

Deleted

Enhancers burst high and nothing left after their burst...

A lot of those sims are for Single Target and luckily there is very few of that in HFC from the looks of things. We'll be in the middle for Hellfire Citadel imo just because of the amount of multi-target or adds during ST fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    What? We are straightout bottom, over 10% behind middle of the pack and up to 20% behind the top dds.

And 6.2 sims suggest that difference jumped to 10 and 30%.

We are in a very poor spot for 6.1 and it has only become up to now since many other specs have much stronger set bonuses or class trinkets. Additionally some of the lower specs like assa rogues alreay got huge buffs.

Honestly all the data and sims we have for 6.2 is totally devastating outside of some aoe encounters.

And elemental was nerfed so far in 6.2. They could also need a small buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are the simcraft numbers for every classes best dps spec (feral, balance, enh, ele are seperate) for 6.2 T18 Normal incl set bonus:

Dk 65.0
    Mage 64.2
    Ret 61.2
    Warrior 59.8
    Warlock 59.0
    Feral 57.6
    Hunter 56.2
    Balance 55.1
    Rogue 52.3
    Monk 51.9
    Ele 49.9
    Enhancer 49.1
    Shadow 48.7

We are not midpack at all.

Midpack in sims would be druid specs and enhancers are 17% behind ferals.

Dont worry guys, next hotfix:

Stormstrike’s damage has been increased by 15.1%.
    Lava Lash's damage has increased by 15.1%.

Problem solved

Anecdotal evidence of your guild vs. en masse data pulled from Logs that directly disputes your claim.

When in this thread people have analysis of data and your argument is that "in my guild X Y and Z" it feels very hollow. So many factors could make your evidence invalid, some of which are quite brutal truths I'd rather not lay on the table because it would not add to the discussion, not to mention within 4k of the top DPS is almost a full 10% (or potentially more given that I have no data on your guild to begin with).

However, what is truly insulting, is that you add onto this that they are good in CMs (nothing to do with this Raiding-centric discussion), something that is not and never will be a factor for class balance design and never has been; and you use that to justify saying nothing needs to be changed.

Well ive been benched for all progression in Mythic and looks like if i dont do well in 6.2 im benched permanently.

Ive been given the option to reroll or spec Ele, what do i do?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    Last time i checked, Resto shamans were doing quite well this expansion and the changes to the Riptide+Chain Heal synergi just makes it even better in 6.2...
    Don't declare the class dead just because one spec isn't at the top. Guess Locks were declared dead too after the Demo nerf then?
    This isn't vanilla, classes shouldn't be brought for a single role, every class should have one dps spec that is at most 5% worse than the top spec. My guild is completely fine on healers, and I'm a dps shaman, If my class is crap, what do I do, should I go resto for the 1337 deeps?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Well ive been benched for all progression in Mythic and looks like if i dont do well in 6.2 im benched permanently.

Ive been given the option to reroll or spec Ele, what do i do?
    Option C tell them to stick it and find another guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Leivah View Post
    Im limited in finding a good raiding guild on eu-AD, no money to transfer.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I've played ENH Shaman since TBC. I was there for the pain of 2.1, a patch where one of our highlights was "New Icon for Stormstrike". I also remember good times - most of Wrath, late Mists with that wonderful legendary Cloak, but right now its the pits. If there's more than a few enemies on the screen were good - other than that short instance, we suck.

We can't single target to save our souls. Our cooldowns are meaningless. Without lots of adds around, our Nova is worthless. Our totems do absolutely nothing. And just to pinch the cherry on the top of this shat sundae, we don't even get the best weapons in 6.2. And our tier set is a yawner.

I'm really saddened that once again we lose out on the fun of a raid because we have to worry about our performance.

What's really frustrating is it's not a terribly hard fix: a slight nerf to our AoE in exchange for a buff to our single-target abilities so when we fight the big-bad we're not sitting around with a finger up our butt.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

This just tells us that you're bad and your guild is bad, not that shaman is in a good place.

Deleted
    Guess I'm not needed here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leivah View Post
    Nearly impossible currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    A lot of those sims are for Single Target and luckily there is very few of that in HFC from the looks of things. We'll be in the middle for Hellfire Citadel imo just because of the amount of multi-target or adds during ST fights.
    Well we're weak on 2and 3 targets too, also on fast dying adds and some other situations.

It's really not like we are dominant. We are good on specific situations, very good on rare occasions and bad on some others.

I believe 6-7/13 we would be last place, 2 tor 4 mediocre (difficult to say), 1-2 very good. This wouldnt be funny.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2015-06-18 at 08:22 PM.

There are other classes just as bad