Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Seriously is the Westboro Baptist Church still around? It is pretty fucking disgusting though.
    People are using the tragedy to make attacks on gun rights, why shouldn't gun rights activists make attacks on gun control? I'd personally like both of them to shut up until the people at least have time to bury their loved ones, but that'd be considerate. Can't have that. Still, that comment didn't even remotely qualify the NRA as the most despicable organization on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Seriously is the Westboro Baptist Church still around? It is pretty fucking disgusting though.
    Every time you mention WBC, they win.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Oh please. Most despicable organization on the planet my ass.
    Well, maybe not the most despicable organization on the planet...but that statement is pretty damn reprehensible.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Well, maybe not the most despicable organization on the planet...but that statement is pretty damn reprehensible.
    How is it different from anyone saying that if we had proper gun control they wouldn't be dead? Both sides are blaming the other for the tragedy.

Although I should state I agree, it is reprehensible.
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

People are using the tragedy to make attacks on gun rights, why shouldn't gun rights activists make attacks on gun control? I'd personally like both of them to shut up until the people at least have time to bury their loved ones, but that'd be considerate. Can't have that. Still, that comment didn't even remotely qualify the NRA as the most despicable organization on the planet.
    I'm pretty sure there was a bit of hyperbole involved with that "most despicable organization" comment.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it different from anyone saying that if we had proper gun control they wouldn't be dead? Both sides are blaming the other for the tragedy.

Although I should state I agree, it is reprehensible.
    In this case we need to simply enforce the laws in place, the father gave his son with felony charges a gun, the son then went to a gun range where they presumably didn't check to make sure the gun was actually his since it couldn't have been his. Had they checked this likely wouldn't have occurred as it would have been nipped in the bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this case we need to simply enforce the laws in place, the father gave his son with felony charges a gun, the son then went to a gun range where they presumably didn't check to make sure the gun was actually his since it couldn't have been his. Had they checked this likely wouldn't have occurred as it would have been nipped in the bud.
    I've actually read that he bought his gun at a store.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/19/us/cha...shooting-main/
    Mixed reports. I don't like that. It makes me uncomfortable. I don't like being uncomfortable. Going to my massage chair.

Deleted
    I just can't get over his 14th century hairdo.
    He looks like such a whimpy little dork.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah they are. They're an entire family, so as long as teh family exists as a unit, WBC will exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    NRA proves yet again why they are the most despicable organization on the fucking planet

NRA Official: Slain Charleston Churchgoers 'Might Be Alive' If Pastor Had Supported Guns In Church

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7621988.html
    Hehehe, I put NRA in the same sanity slot as some clergy in Saudi Arabia who fancy flogging.
    Fuck it, if the board of NRA dropped dead it would be a favor to the citizens of the US even though it would be at the expense of comedy for us Europeans but it is worth it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Oh please. Most despicable organization on the planet my ass.
    Didn't you know NRA is more evil than the ISIS, KKK, Westboro Baptist Church, Black Panthers, and beliebers combined?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Didn't you know NRA is more evil than the ISIS, KKK, Westboro Baptist Church, Black Panthers, and beliebers combined?
    I can't be the only person that understands what Hyperbole is, can I?

It's like when someone says "Worst. Day. Ever."...you don't take them literally.

I can't be the only person that understands what Hyperbole is, can I?

It's like when someone says "Worst. Day. Ever."...you don't take them literally.
    Maybe its because lose credibility when you over exaggerate, according to the internet every movie and every song is the worst <insert name here> ever

15+ Year Old Account
    List x ammount of crap that has little to no impact to you as american to make a point, cool.
    Hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Maybe its because lose credibility when you over exaggerate, according to the internet every movie and every song is the worst <insert name here> ever
    Hyperbole is a dramatic over exaggeration used to make a point. Similar to sarcasm in the sense that you aren't meant to take the statement literally. In this case, it was being used to draw attention to a completely repulsive statement made by the NRA.

I do not know if I would use the word more "evil"; I would use the word more "influential". And indirectly, they have caused more deaths in the US than any of the groups you listed.
    I had no idea NRA went around killing people

- - - Updated - - -

Hyperbole is a dramatic over exaggeration used to make a point. Similar to sarcasm in the sense that you aren't meant to take the statement literally. In this case, it was being used to draw attention to a completely repulsive statement made by the NRA.
    Thank you Webster, I know what it means, my point still stands, people who talk that way remind me of hyper teenagers "MOM YOU'RE DESTROYING MY LIFE"

I had no idea NRA went around killing people

- - - Updated - - -

Now you seem to be having trouble with the term "indirectly"

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Webster, I know what it means, my point still stands, people who talk that way remind me of hyper teenagers "MOM YOU'RE DESTROYING MY LIFE"
    You talk that way yourself. Everyone does. Every time you have ever said "I'm starving" or "I'm dying" you were using hyperbole.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now you seem to be having trouble with the term "indirectly"
    Osama had nothing to do with 9/11 he never checked in at the gate.

Directly? No. Indirectly, yes, their actions indirectly kill people. They support the laws that make it easier for people to commit gun crimes, including gun deaths.
    I can't take you serious anymore.

African Americans kill more African Americans every year than the police or fringe white extremist ever have through the means of abortion. Yes I am pro choice, but if all black lives should matter even potential ones

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-06-19 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    NRA board member:

Now the victims are blamed....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."