Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotus View Post
    I still find it odd that we think he attacked the church for them being black and not the Senator for being a Senator. Doesn't anyone else find it even a bit weird that the one damn day this Senator had no security detail and would have been in the Church for personal business, this guy shows up, sits for an hour watching them and then shoots everyone, 100 miles away from where he lived? The sheer coincidence? Is the senator supremely unlucky or the guy lucky? I'm not sure how that flows.
    He got a senator?

The Pastor is the youngest black politician in the history of South Carolina, he was a representative of the house for 4 years and was a Senator for the last 15 until his death in the shooting. Senators do very much so have bodyguards, whether they are provided by the government or not, you try to approach a Senator and not find a bodyguard standing in your way.

Yet on the news they keep calling him Pastor instead of Senator. That's just odd, it's really hard to find any news article that makes reference to him being a Senator, when that is an extremely important thing in our country.

He was pushing legislation through most recently for all police in SC to wear body cameras as part of active duty. Was a standup guy in South Carolina politics.

I'll put it even weirder just now, he has been in politics his entire life and became part of the South Carolina General Assembly in 1996. Yet his religious career began in 2010 and that is listed first and has a larger article on Wiki?? It's just weird the way his career is getting ignored as a non-factor.
    Last edited by chaotus; 2015-06-25 at 03:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Pastor is the youngest black politician in the history of South Carolina, he was a representative of the house for 4 years and was a Senator for the last 15 until his death in the shooting. Senators do very much so have bodyguards, whether they are provided by the government or not, you try to approach a Senator and not find a bodyguard standing in your way.
    No, congressman do not get body guards 24/7 unless they are at work in the capitol. You are assuming for no reason...

http://thehill.com/capital-living/co...maker-security

Yet on the news they keep calling him Pastor instead of Senator. That's just odd, it's really hard to find any news article that makes reference to him being a Senator, when that is an extremely important thing in our country.
    Read better news, even Fox News and daily show called him a senator.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, congressman do not get body guards 24/7 unless they are at work in the capitol. You are assuming for no reason...

He was a state senator......not the same league as a U.S. senator

You are being naive for odd reasons. There is no way to prove my point except by anecdotal evidence. You will refuse to believe anecdotal evidence. I have never met a lawmaker at any level that was approachable without at least one nearby guy watching you. DJs in a club will have bodyguards, you believe a state senator is going to walk around without a bodyguard? That is naive.

I have watched Fox news and CNN for breakfast everyday for the last 10 years. I have met someone every day since this happened that is informed about the massacre yet does not know he is a government official, let alone state senator. I am not just some random bloke that saw this on cnn.com and mmochamp and said "hey". Look at everything, there is a clear lack of attention to his government standing, a primary focus on his race and religious values. the first day it happened every time he was referred to they spoke about him as Senator Pinckney. Now they call him Pastor Pinckney. It's odd. The amount of rhetoric about his legislative career is seriously low compared to his religious and ethnic status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    He was a state senator......not the same league as a U.S. senator
    He still does not receive a body gourd...

- - - Updated - - -

You are being naive for odd reasons. There is no way to prove my point except by anecdotal evidence. You will refuse to believe anecdotal evidence. I have never met a lawmaker at any level that was approachable without at least one nearby guy watching you. DJs in a club will have bodyguards, you believe a state senator is going to walk around without a bodyguard? That is naive.
    No, I gave you a link to how federal senators only get body guards at work and you point at DJs? Senators, just like your DJ, do not get body guards in their private time. There is no reason to believe otherwise...

I have watched Fox news and CNN for breakfast everyday for the last 10 years. I have met someone every day since this happened that is informed about the massacre yet does not know he is a government official, let alone state senator. I am not just some random bloke that saw this on cnn.com and mmochamp and said "hey". Look at everything, there is a clear lack of attention to his government standing, a primary focus on his race and religious values. the first day it happened every time he was referred to they spoke about him as Senator Pinckney. Now they call him Pastor Pinckney. It's odd. The amount of rhetoric about his legislative career is seriously low compared to his religious and ethnic status.
    So, now you go from it being hard to find to it not being repeated? Nice! You are some random bloke...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

They could if they paid for them or for instance in Hilary Clintons case she was a former first lady so she is protected by the secret service for her lifetime. That is a rare circumstance though. For the most part they are protected by the United States Capitol Police but it is not 24/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    They could if they paid for them or for instance in Hilary Clintons case she was a former first lady so she is protected by the secret service for her lifetime. That is a rare circumstance though. For the most part they are protected by the United States Capitol Police but it is not 24/7.
    Anyone could if they paid for them.....