Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Made to feel uncomfortable because of my sexual preferences.

I'm a (cisgendered) guy in my early twenties.
    I'm 100% straight.
    I don't want casual sex.
    The only kind of sexual relationship is a monogamous one.
    Apparently, in this day and age, this makes me some kind of oddity.

Every single one of my friends either indiscriminately whores their way through everyone of the opposite sex they meet, is in a homosexual relationship, is transsexual, or is at least "fashionably pan/bisexual" and they constantly tease me about my "plainness".

Tell me, am I really that boring?
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, but you might want to reconsider your values and what is important. I mean if I hung around nothing but golfers or golf enthusiast, and I don't play golf, I might start to feel uncomfortable too. There is nothing wrong with you, and you are just as capable of finding what you want if you know who you are and what your really want, then it simply a matter, of applying yourself, that's it. But that is just my experience I am sharing, not advice do what makes you happy.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2015-06-22 at 08:51 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

EDIT:

Removed my paragraph as its pointless, some nancy will take offence at it regardless.

aaaaaaat the end of my rant, what I'm saying is.. be yourself. accept yourself. and let other people do the same for themselves. don't worry about what other people think, or you'll never be happy.
    Last edited by Raldazzar; 2015-06-22 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I have a friend, who is together with a dude. who is becoming a 'lady' and yes, I say lady in brackets, because in MY mind, he will still be a dude, I do not begrudge them anything.. and I wish them nothing but happiness and if it makes his life easier, I'll absolutely refer to that person as a girl. but it's not going to stop my way of thinking. that doesn't make me a bigot, homophobe or anything of the sort, I'm not condemning it, I simply don't understand it. I'm happy for them. if it makes them happy then that's great. he still babysits my daughter, I trust the guy... but he knows as well as I do, that I do not understand it. and doesn't force the issue.. then I come online and get called a bigot for having this opinion by a bunch of keyboard heroes..
    You could just do some research on what it means to be transgender/transsexual if you want to understand it. There's lots of talk on the topic and especially those trying to educate others on what it means to be one sex wanting to be the other. To make it simple in one sentence their brain is a female's but the body they have is male's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I'm 100% straight.
    I don't want casual sex.

Every single one of my friends either indiscriminately whores their way through everyone of the opposite sex they meet, is in a homosexual relationship, is transsexual, or is at least "fashionably pan/bisexual" and they constantly tease me about my "plainness".

Sounds quite normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    EDIT:

Removed my paragraph as its pointless, some nancy will take offence at it regardless.

aaaaaaat the end of my rant, what I'm saying is.. be yourself. accept yourself. and let other people do the same for themselves. don't worry about what other people think, or you'll never be happy.
    Aw man :c , I read it and thought it was really good. Like ok the first paragraph was a little hyperbolic but everything else was fine. I mean it didn't seem bigoted or whatever, just honest and self aware. (This is coming from someone who gets called an sjw on these boards like all the time)

OT: Just remind the people calling you plain of a few things; Quality over quantity isn't a new concept. You can't fake interest in a gender that you don't have and doing so would be extremely shallow, and that kink isn't exclusive to one gender. Just because you only want to be with one person, doesn't mean you're vanilla, you could be doing unspeakable things to that (poor) one person.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2015-06-22 at 09:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You could just do some research on what it means to be transgender/transsexual if you want to understand it. There's lots of talk on the topic and especially those trying to educate others on what it means to be one sex wanting to be the other. To make it simple in one sentence their brain is a female's but the body they have is male's.
    Wouldn't it be more proper to say that their brain as well is a male's including their body and genetics, but their thought processes, id, ego and superego are those of a female's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Aw man :c , I read it and thought it was really good. Like ok the first paragraph was a little hyperbolic but everything else was fine. I mean it didn't seem bigoted or whatever, just honest and self aware. (This is coming from someone who gets called an sjw on these boards like all the time)
    I thought his original post was completely fine, and a good kind of honesty in revealing one's own confusion about the issue, but then he edited in the exact thing he was avoiding being called. And for no reason lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnslaught View Post
    Wouldn't it be more proper to say that their brain as well is a male's including their body and genetics, but their thought processes, id, ego and superego are those of a female's.
    There's been some research showing their brain responds to a certain androgen in the same way that "cis" females do, as well as having the same brain activation patterns as straight females. Also some other neurobiological evidence: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexualism#Biological-based_theories. So I think it's more fundamental and biological than merely their thought processes being different.

Deleted
    Compared to people with 'liberal' views on free sex, you might be 'boring'. (Or 'super romantic', depending on how you look at it). Maybe it just depends on the type of friends you hang out with. :-)

As to whether you should feel offended or uncertain about it: nope. You're perfectly fine and there's no good reason to change, or want to change, whatsoever. Do things at your pace and with the person you feel like doing it with. Why would you listen to people telling you to have a sex life that doesnt suit you?

No, you're not weird. Or maybe a tiny bit, but trust me, you can be a shit ton weirder. At least you're cisgendered and straight.

Deleted
    I'm only friends with normal people.

Cis straight guys who want a monogamous relationship are still the norm around here. Maybe a few guys want to date a lot and by dating I mean anything from a more or less monogamous relationship to hooking up. I always fount the social butterfly thing, flitting from flower to flower, kind of thing depressing, tiring and confusing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Why would you feel uncomfortable? You do you. I guess you've got to judge whether you're being genuinely bullied about your heteronormativity or if it's just a bit of friendly teasing. Friends tease each other. If it bothers you tell them, and if they're good friends they'll stop.

Tell them "If by plain you mean normal, then I like plain"

Deleted
    If your friends make fun of you for obeying your own preferences and desires, make fun of theirs, see how they like it. Hint; they won't and will take major offence because then you will be 'homophobic' etc.

Tell your friends they need to accept who you are like you accept them, if they don't then they aren't worth hanging around.

I used to get made fun of by other girls in school for being 'frigid', but I was like 13 and not a whore like them so that made -me- the outcast, but you know, screw them and move on =p

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, it sounds to me like you’re not someone who’s been bamboozled into thinking that “sexual liberation” is the science (and art) of conforming to other people’s sexual proclivities because it’s an expected mode of behaviour.

That doesn’t make you boring. It makes you sensitive, thoughtful and emotionally mature.

As a quick addendum, being heterosexual and interested only in relationships borne with commitment and attachment doesn’t mean you’re sexually boring, either. Some of the worst sex I’ve had was with people supposedly experienced.

This’ll sound crass, but their “experience” effectively amounted to drunkenly lying on their back and opening their legs. Those less sexually experienced, and thus not bothered by expectation, are much more likely to experiment and be honest about what they want with someone they intimately trust, and who cares for them.

I guess there's something to be said about how some individuals go about characterizing the identity wars.
    Case in point, the socially conforming Spiderman thing. The article in Gawker characterized Parker as a "fucking dork" and "a total dweeb too" for being hetero, white, middle class, and law abiding. And while yes, Spiderman can be boring to some people, the characterization can be hurtful to those that may share something with him.
    It is true that many people in the non conforming ends of the spectrum have been systematically wronged. The aggressive response is unsurprising: painting what was acceptable/normative in the past as boring (or outright evil).
    I think it's about time we stop giving a platform to rabble-rousers, and start rebuilding. The dust will settle eventually, and agitators will find something else to bitch about.

You gotta love this song's lyrics.

I'm 100% straight.
    I don't want casual sex.

Seems you have a pretty hipsteresque circle of friends. Outside of the internet, most people are actually still pretty "standard".

Deleted
    No you are not.
    You are not more or less "boring" than them. Your preferences and personal identity are fine, just like theirs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    it's the same as everything else.
    ^
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-06-22 at 11:21 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, don't feel bad.

Time and age wise, it is a bad moment for relaptionships.

Age: Between the early 20's till nearly 30, a lot of people is fully focused on setting a base for their life, so they don't want to waste time nor concentration in relationships and feel attached, so instead we have casual sex here and there with different people.

Time: Casual sex is as popular as never before; always been there, but now a days it is crazy. A lot of people just have sex with a different person every week, some even more and some less... I am amazed by this people (who I happen to know and are normal people).

I don't like it, I think it makes people's emptiness even more empty. Just attending to the basic instincts and, sometimes, ignoring that you are having sex with the kind of person you would never even be able to keep a conversation.
    I am not free of the last, but heck I don't have sex like a monkey and I certainly have never got sex with a person with no brain...