Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What do Swedes think of this? Sounds like he's using marginal examples to make a point.

Deleted
    Mostly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What do Swedes think of this? Sounds like he's using marginal examples to make a point.
    There's 55 areas that have been labelled really troublesome by the police where they have problems with even going there due to the people living there attacking them if they come there etc. That's only increasing. What do those areas have in common? Pretty much only middle eastern/african immigrants there.

Deleted
    The guy is clearly has a right wing nationalist anti-immigrant bias.
    Despite that though, I can agree on one of his point: the fact you can't even discuss a topic (racism) without being labelled as racist, no matter what your real stance on the topic is.
    Wether you're against, or for it, or with mixed opinions, as soon as you bring it up you get labelled as a racist.

It's an issue born from the extreme search for politically correct at all costs, imho, and I can see how that's an annoying issue.
    Yes, I can agree with that guy on this point, but everything else? Not so much honestly.

15+ Year Old Account
    A good video... that's Sweden.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    That guy should move to Netherlands btw, he would totally love Geert Wilders and his party lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
    The guy is clearly has a right wing nationalist anti-immigrant bias.
    Despite that though, I can agree on one of his point: the fact you can't even discuss a topic (racism) without being labelled as racist, no matter what your real stance on the topic is.
    Wether you're against, or for it, or with mixed opinions, as soon as you bring it up you get labelled as a racist.

It's an issue born from the extreme search for politically correct at all costs, imho, and I can see how that's an annoying issue.
    Yes, I can agree with that guy on this point, but everything else? Not so much honestly.
    He's an immigrant himself, he's not against immigration you know, if you had actually paid attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it is just a group of people who for whatever reason have nothing else to complain about, so why not target the near smallest minority group, for every single problem that exist, because there aren't any laws allowing those people to punish anybody they don't see as being good enough for their culture, It is a bunch of alarmist nonsense. But it is funny how some of the same people would turn a blind eye to any exploits had to taken by their own country abroad though.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    tbh the reactions to the article are as interesting as the article itself. the guys complaint is its impossible to even debate immigration in sweden as straight away youre labelled racist, which is mirrored in many of the reactions here. whatever your views, something as contentious and divisive as immigration needs debated and discussed if nothing else but to defuse misconceptions and tensions. by immediately labelling him racist and trying to shut down the debate you just throw fuel on the fire.
    Because the public debate in Sweden is plagued with polarizing views. In politics, you're either a massive racist, or you don't talk about it at all.

But it's also a problem with discussing immigration in general - From personal experience debating immigration usually goes like this:
    - What are the reasons immigration is bad for the country? Either it's because "most immigrants live on welfare and doesn't want to integrate" (hence, why people are being called racist because when you ask about source, you'll never get one). The other reason commonly used is "we can't take in anymore immigrants", or something else that is related to economy.
    - The most common counter-argument (if you're not a hardcore leftist or a politician..) is that the problem lies in integration.
    - If the original argument against immigration was an economic one, you can usually have a fair discussion. If the original argument was that most immigrants live on welfare, you'll be called a leftist, or something else demeaning. These are the same people that cry about being called racist all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    He's an immigrant himself, he's not against immigration you know, if you had actually paid attention.
    He claims he's not against immigration per se, but against the current immigration policies.
    But in doing so, he falls under the same "politically correct" mistake of the people he's accusing. He's hiding behind a finger, showing moderation when it's pretty clear his ideas aren't moderate at all.
    Check his other videos.

Freedom of speech anyway, and of thought. Not my intention to point my finger at him, to say he's wrong or anything else. Just that I see him as clearly very very biased and trying to hide that bias.

I think Sweden does some things right. I personally don't think their immigration policy is one of those things done right.

Then again, I'm only here in this topic because I want to visit Sweden and/or meet Swedish girls.

Time for another drink.

Deleted
    He claims he's not against immigration per se, but against the current immigration policies.
    But in doing so, he falls under the same "politically correct" mistake of the people he's accusing. He's hiding behind a finger, showing moderation when it's pretty clear his ideas aren't moderate at all.
    Check his other videos.

Freedom of speech anyway, and of thought. Not my intention to point my finger at him, to say he's wrong or anything else. Just that I see him as clearly very very biased and trying to hide that bias.
    I have seen his videos, I don't see anything wrong with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    There's a fair amount - I wouldn't say large, but a fair amount - of people that at least sympathise with the guy's opinion in Sweden.
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I think Sweden does some things right. I personally don't think their immigration policy is one of those things done right.

Then again, I'm only here in this topic because I want to visit Sweden and/or meet Swedish girls.

Time for another drink.
    Swedish girls are overrated. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Because the public debate in Sweden is plagued with polarizing views. In politics, you're either a massive racist, or you don't talk about it at all.

But it's also a problem with discussing immigration in general - From personal experience debating immigration usually goes like this:
    - What are the reasons immigration is bad for the country? Either it's because "most immigrants live on welfare and doesn't want to integrate" (hence, why people are being called racist because when you ask about source, you'll never get one). The other reason commonly used is "we can't take in anymore immigrants", or something else that is related to economy.
    - The most common counter-argument (if you're not a hardcore leftist or a politician..) is that the problem lies in integration.
    - If the original argument against immigration was an economic one, you can usually have a fair discussion. If the original argument was that most immigrants live on welfare, you'll be called a leftist, or something else demeaning. These are the same people that cry about being called racist all the time.
    Funny, you left out the most common complaint people have about it - too many in a too short amount of time.

Deleted
    I have seen his videos, I don't see anything wrong with them.
    Being "racist" and anti immigration doesn't have to be a "wrong" thing, does it? It is if you're against those ideas, but then again that's just a personal opinion and a relative concept of "wrong".

Once again: I wasn't trying to start moral police on that guy, to judge him, to point fingers at him, to say he's wrong (or right) or anything else.
    My only comment was that I agreed on one of the things he said, not so much on the rest (which doesn't make it either "wrong" or "right") and that to me it seems like he's very biased and trying to hide that bias, period.
    Didn't want to say anything more or less than this.

Deleted
    Funny, you left out the most common complaint people have about it - too many in a too short amount of time.
    The other reason commonly used is "we can't take in anymore immigrants", or something else that is related to economy.
    There. 10chars

Swedish girls are overrated. :P
    I can't say that until I've given a few my trusty Womb Raider and judge for myself.

Deleted
    My only comment was that I agreed on one of the things he said, not so much on the rest (which doesn't make it either "wrong" or "right") and that to me it seems like he's very biased and trying to hide that bias, period.
    To be fair, it's not like it's easy for individuals in general to hide their bias. Especially when discussing politics.

Deleted
    There. 10chars
    No, that's not related to what I said at all. Wanting a stop isn't the same as wanting lower.

Deleted
    No, that's not related to what I said at all. Wanting a stop isn't the same as wanting lower.
    or something else that is related to economy.

Want me to write up a list of exactly all of the counter-arguments so we can stop this petty semantics argument?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since 2007, there is an estimated 250,000 to 350,000 Muslims in Sweden, from 1.8% to 4.4% of the Swedish population of 9 million, a statistic inferred mainly from the nationality of immigrant populations.

http://www.euro-islam.info/country-profiles/sweden/

So out of the entire country an almost fraction of a fraction of a percentage, are Muslim leaving a good chunk of the government, and the citizens well in the majority. In both culture and politics again this is more fear mongering. If there is a problem with the Sweden government and policy, it is within the power of the people there to change that policy.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis