Deleted

Spec for which boss?

For the Rogues that have played the PTR, what spec do you expect to be using on each of them?

Could someone make a list, I would love you forever.

Haven't played the PTR at all.

Deleted
    hi there,
    preface this with the face that sub > assassination until 4 piece and trinkets, and then assass will be the go to ST spec.

Hellfire Assault: combat (glorified trash)
    iron reaver: Assass (full ST in phase 1, bomb clearing in p2)
    kormrok: combat (depending on raid aoe)
    hellfire council: assass (2 target cleave with odd add phase a bit like orgeorger in terms of dps)
    kilrogg: assass/ combat if im on the visions duty (2 target cleave + massive aoe phase if you do the vision)
    gorefiend: combat on mythic, assass/sub on hc (not too sure about this one yet, didnt really test it on mythic)
    Iskar: combat (lots of adds in intermission phases)
    socrethar: assassination (high prio adds such as dominator and void spawnling thingys on mythic)
    velhari: assassination (2 target cleave)
    xhul horac: combat (lots of imps and void spawns to aoe)
    zakuun: sub/asassination (single target ala butcher)
    mannoroth: combat (lots of imps and adds to aoe)
    archimonde: assassination (distinct of high prio high health adds ie doom lord, doomfire spirit, vanguard)

again, just my current opinion from my ptr testing, which was pretty much all bosses. a lot of 2 target cleave this tier which is a nice change from brf!

Do other classes generally have to switch specs for every boss to be viable?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawmerax View Post
    hi there,
    preface this with the face that sub > assassination until 4 piece and trinkets, and then assass will be the go to ST spec.

Hellfire Assault: combat (glorified trash)
    iron reaver: Assass (full ST in phase 1, bomb clearing in p2)
    kormrok: combat (depending on raid aoe)
    hellfire council: assass (2 target cleave with odd add phase a bit like orgeorger in terms of dps)
    kilrogg: assass/ combat if im on the visions duty (2 target cleave + massive aoe phase if you do the vision)
    gorefiend: combat on mythic, assass/sub on hc (not too sure about this one yet, didnt really test it on mythic)
    Iskar: combat (lots of adds in intermission phases)
    socrethar: assassination (high prio adds such as dominator and void spawnling thingys on mythic)
    velhari: assassination (2 target cleave)
    xhul horac: combat (lots of imps and void spawns to aoe)
    zakuun: sub/asassination (single target ala butcher)
    mannoroth: combat (lots of imps and adds to aoe)
    archimonde: assassination (distinct of high prio high health adds ie doom lord, doomfire spirit, vanguard)

again, just my current opinion from my ptr testing, which was pretty much all bosses. a lot of 2 target cleave this tier which is a nice change from brf!
    All I have seen on these forums is that once you get a Arch trinket of any ilvl, you go Mutilate for Single Target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    No they don't. They also don't have to use specific glyphs for half the fights and switch between certain talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    No, most other classes don't have the luxury of being able to switch spec to be good at most fight types.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, most other classes don't have the luxury of being able to switch spec to be good at most fight types.
    "Good" is debatable, as not one BRF fight favoured Rogues ahead of other classes, notably Hunters / Mages were strong across the board. HFC remains to be seen as to whether anything suits our strengths.

Mages and DKs will certainly spec swap throughout HFC, Warlocks and Hunters may (I don't know enough about them to confirm / deny), whilst the Hybrid DPS specs don't have that option, they certainly will adjust talents / glyphs by encounter.

Rogues and DKs are probably worst off, as Combat / Assn don't share weapons, nor does Unholy / DW Frost, making gearing for them more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by maddnesskhaz View Post
    "Good" is debatable, as not one BRF fight favoured Rogues ahead of other classes, notably Hunters / Mages were strong across the board. HFC remains to be seen as to whether anything suits our strengths.

Mages and DKs will certainly spec swap throughout HFC, Warlocks and Hunters may (I don't know enough about them to confirm / deny), whilst the Hybrid DPS specs don't have that option, they certainly will adjust talents / glyphs by encounter.

Rogues and DKs are probably worst off, as Combat / Assn don't share weapons, nor does Unholy / DW Frost, making gearing for them more difficult.
    Still more versatile than specs(as you said) like Enhancement/Shadow/Elemental/Retribution/Fury/Arms/Windwalker, which was my point. And even if rogues aren't the best DPS on a fight, it's very much possible that they'll be brought because of Cloak/Feint(Blackhand being the best example). Warlocks will most likely be changing specs from fight to fight in HFC, not sure about hunters/mages(I'd imagine they'll stay MM/Arcane and just have other people deal with AoE)
    And yeah, lots of classes/specs change glyphs/talents, that's not unique to rogues at all(on my monk, I change talents in every row of talents except 3 during a full BRF clear, for example)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2015-06-19 at 12:50 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Still more versatile than specs(as you said) like Enhancement/Shadow/Elemental/Retribution/Fury/Arms/Windwalker, which was my point. And even if rogues aren't the best DPS on a fight, it's very much possible that they'll be brought because of Cloak/Feint(Blackhand being the best example). Warlocks will most likely be changing specs from fight to fight in HFC, not sure about hunters/mages(I'd imagine they'll stay MM/Arcane and just have other people deal with AoE)
    And yeah, lots of classes/specs change glyphs/talents, that's not unique to rogues at all(on my monk, I change talents in every row of talents except 3 during a full BRF clear, for example)
    I forgot Warriors; they'll almost certainly still spec switch between Arms and Fury depending on the encounter, Fury has limited sustained cleave but fantastic burst AE and strong ST DPS.

Shaman generally are in a bad place at the moment, and it seems almost like Blizzard have 0 plans to fix that based off their recent comments on the class, which is pretty poor in my opinion.

I don't think any class plays with a completely static spec / talent / glyph set throughout a whole raid any more.

Unfortunately it seems that the Rogue niche is being able to survive or negate various mechanics through Feint / Cloak, and the only reason that they were taken to Blackhand was because the design of the encounter precluded bringing sufficient melee to soak the smash effectively, and the only class that was capable of surviving was a Rogue. Spamming feint is not exactly compelling gameplay after all.