Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey guys.. just a quick question:
    Ive read somewhere (not sure where) that Displacer Beast will be usable by bears now.. as in that it wont take you out of bear form. Is that just a rumor or whats going on?

It was that way on the test realm but was fixed, it still puts you in cat form today.

It wasn't even intentional on PTR, just bugged.

Deleted
    Hello,

Have you seen any issues concerning the tanking between palprot and drood guardian?
    Since HFC has gone my drood has concerns of threat while he"s tanking with our pal prot.

threat problems will alwyas happen between 2 tanks, one is obviously going to win over the other depending on many things: class, gear, who opened first, if cooldowns are used etc.

On thrash you just have to deal with it, its not a big deal... in my experience prot paladin with seraphim will steal the glory almost everytime because it is a significant burst of aoe threat.

Single target on a boss, it should be roughly even... nothing stops you from holding back to not pull threat however.

Deleted
    On BRF they didn't have any issues with their threat, it was roughly even (except on aoe, the pal was ahead), they have the nearly the same ilvl but since the patch 2 weeks ago our druid seems to have big issue keeping her aggro on some boss (such as iskar or iron reaver).The druid doesn't hold back on the dps, quite the opposite and still has trouble keeping the boss even with Ursoc. We spoke with other druids tanking with pal and they have some issue too.Do you maybe have an idea of what the problem might be?

Your druid might be playing wrong. for exemple, nobody uses incarnation anymore if thats what you mean by ursoc.

Your paladin tank could try holding back a bit.. Prot paladins can have some serious burst threat when they pop seraphim, but your paladin tank should use it when he is actively tanking and not when he isn't.

Class trinket is fucking OP for M Council(at least tanking Dia). TBH long as you are tanking or taking damage all fight it is fucking stupid op. It was 10% of my damage and 44% of my healing today on our kill.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Class trinket is fucking OP for M Council(at least tanking Dia). TBH long as you are tanking or taking damage all fight it is fucking stupid op. It was 10% of my damage and 44% of my healing today on our kill.
    Jello, it seems good for AOE and Multi targets, is it gonna be good for later fights at HFC such as Tyrant, Archi, mamoroth, xulo?^_^

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I must be missing something, how is the trinket granting you damage? I thought it was just a damage absorb?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekusar View Post
    I must be missing something, how is the trinket granting you damage? I thought it was just a damage absorb?
    No it reflects damage when it absorbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ikewu83 View Post
    Jello, it seems good for AOE and Multi targets, is it gonna be good for later fights at HFC such as Tyrant, Archi, mamoroth, xulo?^_^
    Its good on anything you are always tanking damage on.

Mythic Council Kill damage done: http://gyazo.com/54749e73500ca09b25cdad031b5681b8
    Mythic Council Kill damage absorb: http://gyazo.com/debd7de20691e980cf39678c54b0929e
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-07-07 at 03:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Your druid might be playing wrong. for exemple, nobody uses incarnation anymore if thats what you mean by ursoc.

Your paladin tank could try holding back a bit.. Prot paladins can have some serious burst threat when they pop seraphim, but your paladin tank should use it when he is actively tanking and not when he isn't.
    Incarnation is still a DPS gain, so it has it's uses. Especially if someone is worried about threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahei View Post
    Incarnation is still a DPS gain, so it has it's uses. Especially if someone is worried about threat.
    Incarn is really only more dps if you can end of fight on it and are also using HoTW. Otherwise Soul is more dps.

I'm glad it's not completely useless, but council is hands down the best encounter for the trinket. Her fast melee swing timers, especially during Frenzy. Low damage, but the more frequent the better.

Do you see yourself using it on any other encounter (other than HFA)?
    on last 4 bosses?

I hope you coined it, it's capital sin to take that trinket for bear over mages&rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    I'm glad it's not completely useless, but council is hands down the best encounter for the trinket. Her fast melee swing timers, especially during Frenzy. Low damage, but the more frequent the better.

Do you see yourself using it on any other encounter (other than HFA)?
    on last 4 bosses?

I hope you coined it, it's capital sin to take that trinket for bear over mages&rogues.
    Ya I coined Class Trinket on Heroic and Mythic Warlord's when coining for the other items on those bosses.

Class trinket wasn't as powerful on Kilrogg. It was 28% healing 7% damage. I prob should have used Tablet, but meh... the boss is a joke.

Gorefiend I am actually using WuE and Class Trinket atm. Though when dps figure their shit out and the tank add dies before the other tank gets sent down then I will know if I can swap back to tablet.

I am using Heart on that boss since I will get 2 off. So I would rather use Tablet/Class trinket or Tablet/BFD. Class trinket actually ticks for a metric fuck ton in Feast of Souls phase with HoTW up.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys:

There are two things I am gonna try later in the game, it is good thing if you guys can give me some thoughts^_^
    First is with tyrant decree and a lot of ms, we easily can have 1M hp, so ysra's gift seems good idea for having 8000 hps per second, it seems tempting for not huge hitting boss, such as iron reaver.
    Second, the MS SP Malicious Censer seems both dps and survival wise. If using Malicious Censer and BladeMaster, maybe we can have the BOS level dps

Quote Originally Posted by ikewu83 View Post
    Hi guys:

There are two things I am gonna try later in the game, it is good thing if you guys can give me some thoughts^_^
    First is with tyrant decree and a lot of ms, we easily can have 1M hp, so ysra's gift seems good idea for having 8000 hps per second, it seems tempting for not huge hitting boss, such as iron reaver.
    I am not the world's best Druid or tank by any means but I am 99.9% sure you would not want YG as CW scales off of resolve and such.

Deleted
    I don't ask you to tell me HOW my tank is playing but if some people met a problem of threat with the paladin tank.
    My paladin does not play with seraph and I don't allow you to say that such or such people do not know how to play.
    So my question was very clear and the explanations also.

So I ask you one more time, have you got any problem of threat with a pal tank?

Thanks for your answers you'll bring me.

Wow that was needlessly aggressive.

Unless a pally goes full ham seraphim + ES on pull, they aren't ripping it off me. Use the extra 3s threat on your taunt wisely and you shouldn't have any problems

Playing with a paladin tank. Started getting threat issues in HFC.