Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Never knew seed was that powerful for survival.. the only opinion we seem to get on trinkets is their dps value in this thread, I thought all it was good was for fights with lots of magic damage since it works on that too. Too bad it doesn't display warlord's unseeing eye.
    Seed will always look better than WuE on any fight.

WuE is ONLY good on hard hitting bosses or where your HP is lowered like Tyrant. It basically has 0 use outside Tyrant and Mythic Manno(maybe, im using it cuz of our strat).

Seed is really only good if you have a constant DoT or there is constant AoE damage that sends it back to the boss and obviously the lower the damage per hit the strong Seed is since its not like WuE and will absorb up to 90% of a hit.

Problem is a lot of people just look at the meter and be like "damn that did a lot of healing" without looking at if it was meaninful. If it did a fuck load(like it does on council dia tanking) it actually does good damage too, but most bosses that isn't the case.

Seed if you do doomfire on Mythic Archi is actually really good along with using it on Council. HFA I guess if your raids dps is bad. My guild has a average of like 75-80% active time on that boss cuz there is nothing alive. So I don't even try anymore on it.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-08-01 at 12:25 AM.

I guess it is indeed lame that it's a flat number.. it should defintiely do more damage for bigger hits you take and absorb more, but i guess thats why you have resolve scaling with it.. Just wish it's dps was more than just the amount of hits taken.

Oh for sure. I think the damage should scale up with more than just AP. It rarely ticks over like 5k at my ilvl... sad days.

Deleted
    its just me, or GoE feels a lot better then playing without it? its more fluid the rotation and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by LuRu9 View Post
    its just me, or GoE feels a lot better then playing without it? its more fluid the rotation and stuff
    I do like the feel of GoE. Having 39 rage SD at like 7. something cd its silly, but really its just not useful outside a few bosses. Its mainly just good for the 100% dodge on huge mechanics that are dodgable.

GoE feels like we're back in SoO due to the shorter cooldown and low rage cost (in SoO we were still spending 60 on SD, but rage gen was ridiculous so it didn't matter). It definitely feels better, if you can get over the low uptime.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I do like the feel of GoE. Having 39 rage SD at like 7. something cd its silly, but really its just not useful outside a few bosses. Its mainly just good for the 100% dodge on huge mechanics that are dodgable.
    If there is 6.4, 30 rage SD may happen

Quote Originally Posted by ikewu83 View Post
    If there is 6.4, 30 rage SD may happen
    There won't be another tier so meh.

Deleted
    Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've been playing around with Blademaster trinket, I don't know if it was mentioned before or not, but since the images act on their own afterwards (threat etc) it seems the trinket actually snapshots your AP, might not be something big, but yeah its something to think about

Quote Originally Posted by Deemii View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've been playing around with Blademaster trinket, I don't know if it was mentioned before or not, but since the images act on their own afterwards (threat etc) it seems the trinket actually snapshots your AP, might not be something big, but yeah its something to think about
    It does not snapshot AP.

Deleted
    It does not snapshot AP.
    Are you sure about that Jello? I tried looking into my own logs but I came up with nothing, but I honestly assumed it might be this way since they no longer interact with your character!

They don't snapshot Sanctus:

They appear to snapshot AP:

If they snapshot AP then you could hotw > trinket > cancel hotw and they would tick for like 10k each. Just see if that works. If it does then I will believe they do 100%. They could just scale horribly with AP and their damage ranges seem pretty spread. 2984 and a 3260.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-08-02 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    cant post any images or links yet Q_Q, but the damage below is during an hotw opener
    00:00:27.376 Demii Shred Kormrok (A: 37952)
    00:00:27.437 Demii 1 (Demii) Felstorm Kormrok 6513
    00:00:27.437 Demii 2 (Demii) Felstorm Kormrok 6306
    00:00:27.437 Demii 3 (Demii) Felstorm Kormrok *12501*
    00:00:27.437 Demii 4 (Demii) Felstorm Kormrok 6427

switched to bearform here, when co-tank got crushing hands, look at the difference,hotw still running just went bearform, damage insta changed?
    00:00:37.057 Demii's Cat Form fades from Demii
    00:00:37.210 Demii gains Bear Form from Demii
    00:00:38.306 Demii 1 (Demii) Felstorm Kormrok 2819
    00:00:38.306 Demii 1 (Demii) Felstorm Crushing Hand 1 *5744*
    00:00:38.306 Demii 2 (Demii) Felstorm Kormrok 2596
    00:00:38.306 Demii 2 (Demii) Felstorm Crushing Hand 1 2711
    00:00:38.306 Demii 3 (Demii) Felstorm Kormrok 2675
    00:00:38.306 Demii 3 (Demii) Felstorm Crushing Hand 1 *5639*
    00:00:38.306 Demii 4 (Demii) Felstorm Kormrok 2768
    00:00:38.306 Demii 4 (Demii) Felstorm Crushing Hand 1 2715

2nd use during the fight
    00:01:47.258 Demii 5 (Demii) Felstorm Kormrok 2688
    00:01:47.258 Demii 6 (Demii) Felstorm Kormrok 2596
    00:01:47.258 Demii 7 (Demii) Felstorm Kormrok 2688
    00:01:47.258 Demii 8 (Demii) Felstorm Kormrok 2683
    Last edited by mmoc32ca161ffb; 2015-08-02 at 12:45 AM.

After a HOTW test and Deemii's post, looks like no shapshot and poor scaling.

Deleted
    Yeah its looking that way, however its still really good regardless. Picked it up this reset along with my co-tank (BrM), and we used it on mythic gorefiend which should've been dead for 2 weeks now but meh. Anyway we decided to try and use it on the enraged spirits in the realm. You could solo the add to 70%, or even help on the corrupted souls outside. Guess its decent at least you help the raid with something, these days we do fuck all apart from soaking damage and switch at X stacks -.-, since they simplified every aspect of tanking this expansion.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    There won't be another tier so meh.
    I knew since I was the first one that post the spoiler info on Archi Ending Video at MMO

dose any1 have a stat weight/pio for bear for this patch? as im hearing multistrike is top

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    dose any1 have a stat weight/pio for bear for this patch? as im hearing multistrike is top
    You can go Mas or MS. If you are geared / know your class and healers well you can easily go MS.

You don't really have a choice in gear its basicallyif you want more mastery and not MS you can swap around some items, but for MS this is basically what you run)

Helm: Socrethar
    Neck: Archi/Socrethar(whatever is higher ilvl)
    Shoulders: Council
    Back: Xhulhorac
    Chest: Socrethar
    Bracers: Kilrogg
    Gloves: Tier(Socrethar)
    Belt: Archi(Trash belt if you don't have an archi belt)
    Legs: Tier(Gorefiend)
    Boots: Trash(Iron Reavers work but trash is better)
    Ring: Zakuun or Mannoroth(I would prefer Zakuun though ... w/e you get though)
    Trinkets: Anzus + X

X could be Blademaster for dps. BFD / WuE for mitigation depending on fight(WuE for Tyrant 100% though most other fights BFD is actually better than WuE). Tablet from Hans/Frans is a good choice if you don't have BFD and want a more mitigation but still dps trinket.

The rest of the tank trinkets in HFC are fucking garbage. Tyrants Decree is worthless because you literally don't need the stamina from it. Its gonna fall off then its worthless. If the stacks don't fall off you didn't need it. The static stat from Kormrok is really quite poop. Better off using WuE than that.

I have discovered secret to tanking Tyrant without breaking your keyboard!

lo and behold!

/walk