Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearburd View Post
    tanks will get one shot without a cd towards the end of p2 until pretty much the end, your druid could be doing a lot better with savage defense uptime (ideally you can have it up 100% of the time you tank tyrant, then let it recharge as you tank the add since it hits for a lot less). He also stacked cds which is a waste (barkskin and sanctus both up for their duration), Having savage defense+20%-40% cd should be enough so you want to minimize wasted cds so you have something left for the end

id go with bristling fur, i used it inbetween savage defense gaps or as I taunted to cover potentially increased damage from boss+add until cotank grabs one
    pulverize is okay aswell if you can keep it up but GoE is the worst pick that fight imo

we also had a few tank deaths due to getting clipped by the edict being run out of the group, no amount of cds will save you there just have to keep an eye out for it
    You had similar dps as my first kill did it just comes down to surviving the end
    Awesome thanks yea I'm the bear. Kept getting blown up randomly when I failed to time CDs properly so I just started stacking them. I'll swap to bristling tonight. I think we're close, just have to have healers and my other tank not use CDs when panicking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    Awesome thanks yea I'm the bear. Kept getting blown up randomly when I failed to time CDs properly so I just started stacking them. I'll swap to bristling tonight. I think we're close, just have to have healers and my other tank not use CDs when panicking
    For what it's worth you're far better off with Pulverize than you ever will be with Bristling Fur. It's not difficult to live from melee hit to melee hit on Tyrant if you have SOME sort of DR (in the sense that it takes essentially no healer effort to top you off), and Pulverize makes it much easier to cover SD downtimes and makes you less reliant on externals that some tanks (like basically anyone that isn't a druid) DESPERATELY need.

Agreed there.

I played BF on Tyrant during progress and up until last week. It's really handy to have an "oshit" button to push on low CD that does something significant. Bear is disgustingly OP on that fight due to 2 targets being available near all the time that you can get away with it, esp with free hpally healing.
    But Tyrant is such extended periods of high damage intake that Pulv pulls ahead. You lose the oshit button, but the 15% is quite noticable, you won't get into those moments near as often. You can still keep Lacerates rolling on both without too much difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    Agreed there.

I played BF on Tyrant during progress and up until last week. It's really handy to have an "oshit" button to push on low CD that does something significant. Bear is disgustingly OP on that fight due to 2 targets being available near all the time that you can get away with it, esp with free hpally healing.
    But Tyrant is such extended periods of high damage intake that Pulv pulls ahead. You lose the oshit button, but the 15% is quite noticable, you won't get into those moments near as often. You can still keep Lacerates rolling on both without too much difficulty.
    I've played GOE on tyrant every time I've killed it. Having 6 seconds of flat immunity in the last phase every 15 seconds is much stronger than it seems, at least I've never had problems with dying on the fight. Especially considering how the taunt swaps happen approximately every 25 seconds, you're basically immune for half the time that you're tanking in p3 -- My KRSI is under the warrior, even though I tanked the boss for about 10% longer. I dodged 48.57% of the attacks the boss did on me in this phase; he hit me 5 times out of an attempted 12 in the first 28 seconds of the phase where I tanked her. I'm also pretty sure I could reduce this number to 4 or even 3 hits if I was paying more attention to her swing timers and less to dpsing. (Note that the I'm not even counting the add, as it does less than 1/4 the damage of the boss in a per-second comparison for us).

I guess we may just have the luxury of three paladins and a disc priest for externals.
    Last edited by Bunnychaser; 2015-10-08 at 05:30 PM.

ive got 52% of tyrants melee dodged (16/34) in p3 running bristling fur. If taunt swaps were more frequent goe would be good but a 6sec SD x3 will cover nearly the whole time your tanking her and taking advantage of the 20% reduction for non-dodged hits.

Pretty proud of my rank for my first progression boss as a tank in years

Mannoroth: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

Soulcap + Mirror is such a godly trinket combo... now if only i did not have to tank the doomguards i'd get at least 25~ seconds more uptime on dpsing mannoroth.

yea i finally got blademaster last week its absurd how good that can be on some fights, went from 50k kormrok to 75k. If anzu's would drop some day that would be nice, got the heroic version on an alt last week (his 2nd iskar kill..) but still only have normal on my bear >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Pretty proud of my rank for my first progression boss as a tank in years

Mannoroth: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

Soulcap + Mirror is such a godly trinket combo... now if only i did not have to tank the doomguards i'd get at least 25~ seconds more uptime on dpsing mannoroth.
    Double HOTW for the win Yay for 6+ min fights !

Haha yeah, sadly I can't pot on my first hotw and i have to tank 20 seconds later... I still destroy the entire raid in terms of burst dps though!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Haha yeah, sadly I can't pot on my first hotw and i have to tank 20 seconds later... I still destroy the entire raid in terms of burst dps though!
    funny enough pad wise mirror/soul cap berserk on pull as a berk is stupid burst. Since you get berserk cleave on guldan and the soul cap will only hit manno.

Deleted
    Man, I haven't got the trinkets or the patience to bother with HoTW.

What benefit is it except with just rankings and stuff? I use kormok trinket+socket and killrog trinket+socket mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Man, I haven't got the trinkets or the patience to bother with HoTW.

What benefit is it except with just rankings and stuff? I use kormok trinket+socket and killrog trinket+socket mostly.
    You are better off using any trinket from BRF than Kormrok.

Kilrogg trinket is so meh outside like Archimonde. Anzu + Spinners is all you need for everything except Archi/Tyrant progression.

There is 0 reason to not use HoTW on Kormrok, Gorefiend, Fel Lord for progression.

I am pretty sure I used heart of the wild on at least 8 progression bosses this tier. Damage is helpful.

Let's see. Reaver, Kormrok, Council, Kilrogg, Gorefiend, Socrethar.
    Wanted to on zakuun, but my cotank is soaking pillars as he is a paladin so I have to start tanking...

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    10ivl more in 6.2.3 seems good thing for bear dps side

Deleted
    just got the crapy iskar head (haste versatility) mythic wf 731, it is worth to change with the one i'm using atm? from councils i think crit/multi (720)?

and anoter question, in fel lord zakkun whats dps trinket is better? mythic wf spinners or normal soul cap? i did more like 2k this week with normal soul cap, shouldnt happen, dunno its like 150 agility diference

edit: logs -> https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#boss=1777
    Last edited by mmoc97188dc654; 2015-10-15 at 06:25 AM.

You actually did less dmg with Soulcap than Spinners those 2 fights.

You got 2 legendary ring uses at good times and spinner log it was used during nothing.

Spinner destroyed your Soulcap log except for shitty frostwolf procs and 1 less ring and not even at good time.

Also had better anzu time procs on soulcap as well.

Deleted
    yeah we were using the ring on the 1st intermission as a def cd, but this week we just ignore it and dps the boss, true, cant rly play with HoTW couse i have to soak a pillar -.- then go inside no point, what about the head? i guess i'll sim craft it when i get home

You can play HOTW and go down first soaking pilllar. Just take the melee one.

Also never plan a fight around the ring for a defensive its not required every boss is 100% doable without the ring. It is a dps cd only.

Deleted
    yeah i know, but since i'm tanking with a paladin, he just wants to use the rng with hes cds, amd i cant do sh*t about it, so i just stop caring about dps -.-