Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I would did some more research on my OS gear (feral) I could the seals for that, but other then that... epic for gold... meh. As I only log on my druid mainly for raids and the odd weekend event, then my income of various sources (apex, garrison resources) will try up fast if I would spend . True, I could use my whatnotplace for the free seal, but still. I am weird by nature, dunno really why I "save" like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    If I would did some more research on my OS gear (feral) I could the seals for that, but other then that... epic for gold... meh. As I only log on my druid mainly for raids and the odd weekend event, then my income of various sources (apex, garrison resources) will try up fast if I would spend . True, I could use my whatnotplace for the free seal, but still. I am weird by nature, dunno really why I "save" like that.
    Yeah I understand that.

To give you an example of what I meant (just for discussion's sake), I'm basically BiS on my boomkin, however that entails me having Non-WF, Non-Socketed Archi Gloves and Socketed Tier Legs. I went and coined WF Legs from Manno with socket, so it's a possibility those + Socketed Tier Gloves become my new BiS. As long as you can have the excess coins, go for it, although your reasoning makes sense. I log much more so it's easy for me (it's worth noting that there are several shipyard missions that reward more than enough apexis to sustain the 3 coins per week).

Is there a guide I can read anywhere that isn't icy veins, or has more indepth information? Just started playing guardian and there's a lot of conflicting information that I can't find rhyme or reason to because I can't find an indepth guide. I'd rather read a guide first before asking questions, than asking questions that have probably been answered a few times in this thread already

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    Is there a guide I can read anywhere that isn't icy veins, or has more indepth information? Just started playing guardian and there's a lot of conflicting information that I can't find rhyme or reason to because I can't find an indepth guide. I'd rather read a guide first before asking questions, than asking questions that have probably been answered a few times in this thread already
    Honestly, the quickest way to get answers that aren't obvious is just to ask. I doubt anyone's going to get angry for them. ^_^

hey guys, is there any use for incarnation: Son of Ursoc on any HFC fight? never tried it before

Strongest talent for damage done in many circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    Strongest talent for damage done in many circumstances
    so you just keep using mangle like if you were on berserk?
    do you use it after berserk i guess?

Generally:

HOTW + Berserk + Ring on pull

Incarnation at 2 minutes

If you are getting a second HOTW:

Berserk at 3 minutes

Ring at 4 minutes

Incarnation at 5 minutes

HOTW + Berserk + Ring at 6 minutes

If you are not getting a second HOTW:

Berserk at 4 minutes with ring

Incarnation at 5 minutes, or at 6 minutes with ring (if fight lasts long enough, but if it does then you should probably be using second HOTW where possible)

thank you!!

treants are more dps for short fights too. I believe if a fight doesn't reach 4;30 for the 2nd ring with incarn, you want to go treants... can't tell you the dps difference, but during hotw treants do massive dps.

I think it's just 2 minutes. IF you can't use ring with incarn at 2 minutes. Dont go incarn. So any fight shorter than 2 minutes 30 seconds. Not 4.30

Treants do about 10% of your dps in the opening 25 seconds in hotw (which is a lot), but I can't imagine it beating incarnation with even one use of incarnation. I think that incarnation immediately following hotw for a 1min 15sec fight would still probably beat treants

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    Treants do about 10% of your dps in the opening 25 seconds in hotw (which is a lot), but I can't imagine it beating incarnation with even one use of incarnation. I think that incarnation immediately following hotw for a 1min 15sec fight would still probably beat treants
    I'll test it out first thing tomorrow.

I have a question about Pulverize vs Guardian of Elune for mythic progression ... ive been using guardian of elune and the better geard DK tank says i take to much damage ( go figure) and that i should use pulverize instead of elune ... i thought i read some where in this post that elune was better but cant find it again so maybe im wrong ... i try to roll my cooldowns well during fights so not sure why he thinks i take to much damage logs look ok to me ... any guess my question is should i use pulverize on bosses i dont need to dodge an attack (ie kilrog, manny)

I'd probably just use Bristling Fur. Pulverize is nice for reducing total damage taken, but isn't too useful, personally. You're not going to die to consistent damage. GoE is good for cheesing certain mechanics or making it easier to have SD up on demand, but is definitely niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    I'd probably just use Bristling Fur. Pulverize is nice for reducing total damage taken, but isn't too useful, personally. You're not going to die to consistent damage. GoE is good for cheesing certain mechanics or making it easier to have SD up on demand, but is definitely niche.
    I mostly agree, but it depends on the fight. IE, for xhul, you'll probably want bristling fur to mitigate the special abilities of either add. On Manno, you could use either. GoE allows you to completely dodge every single glaive thrust, but then you don't have a consistent option for massive blast (aside from hitting cenarion ward right before so you heal up right after). Bristling fur allows you to take less damage from massive blast, but the total burst between the two will likely be higher. For tyrant, GoE can give you a "I can't die" button for 3s if you dip low or the healers are struggling. I switch between the two depending on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    I mostly agree, but it depends on the fight. IE, for xhul, you'll probably want bristling fur to mitigate the special abilities of either add. On Manno, you could use either. GoE allows you to completely dodge every single glaive thrust, but then you don't have a consistent option for massive blast (aside from hitting cenarion ward right before so you heal up right after). Bristling fur allows you to take less damage from massive blast, but the total burst between the two will likely be higher. For tyrant, GoE can give you a "I can't die" button for 3s if you dip low or the healers are struggling. I switch between the two depending on the fight.
    The only fight I'd consider Pulverize over either bristling fur or GOE is Archimonde tbh.
    Yes Pulverize will reduce your overall damage taken more than BF or GOE, but overall damage isn't what kills you; burst damage is.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    The only fight I'd consider Pulverize over either bristling fur or GOE is Archimonde tbh.
    Yes Pulverize will reduce your overall damage taken more than BF or GOE, but overall damage isn't what kills you; burst damage is.
    Oh I agree. I never take pulverize (we aren't on mythic archi, working on manno). I do swap between GoE and Bristling Fur constantly.

Deleted
    Going a bit offtopic from the current discussion to throwback a bit to the one on page 51. Do bears not want their 4sets then? Is it just 2 set and 3 off pieces? Which tier set/offpieces is it I'm after in that case?

Gloves + Legs for the standard Multistrike build.