Poll: Regarding immigrants in your counrtry:

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate immigrants, period. I just don't want those who refuse to respect our culture and laws living her, if given the option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    People hate those that are different, they also like scapegoats instead of retrospection. It's easier to blame immigrants or minorities for all your problems.
    Look at the poll. Your argument is already flawed.
    How about going into actual arguments instead of resorting to one-liners and strawmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Look at the poll. Your argument is already flawed.
    How about going into actual arguments instead of resorting to one-liners and strawmen.
    Blah. Your own contribution so far doesn't live up to that standard. You call it a "flawed argument" just because it's a perspective you don't like hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You mean you hate the people that get in the way of your labeling with your skewed narrow vision of why people migrate, and how where they came from was a shit hole wanting to create it. Yeah thank god for those people, I'm seriously glad that kind of thinking is kept in check.
    Your posts has nothing to do with what I said, and your attempting to put words in my mouth.

lolz

its early for incoherent rants, wait a few hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Failure to integrate is, generally, a failure of their host nation, not the immigrants. Particularly if it's the predominant trend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Your posts has nothing to do with what I said, and your attempting to put words in my mouth.

lolz

its early for incoherent rants, wait a few hours.
    How am I putting word in your mouth, you just got done saying you hate apologize more than you hate migrants, that migrate and want to recreate conditions that turned where they came from into a place they are leaving.

Or you plan to moonwalk back away from that too, because I pointed out you said it?

I am just saying that I am glad the people you call apologist are there, because your view of immigrants should be kept in check because it is nothing that even sort of approaches reality.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    If you choose correctly, people who don't have any real representation or voice within the society.
    I don't see how that immigrants are scape goats for anything as you defined them.

If they get citizenship, they are entitled to vote in a democracy, if they do not, they are a guest, and really don't have a right to influence the government.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Failure to integrate is, generally, a failure of their host nation, not the immigrants. Particularly if it's the predominant trend.
    Absolutely not

If your moving somewhere else, it is your responsibility to research your new home and do your best to integrate into the new society, they shouldn't have to bend over backwards to accommodate you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I don't see how that immigrants are scape goats for anything as you defined them.

If they get citizenship, they are entitled to vote in a democracy, if they do not, they are a guest, and really don't have a right to influence the government.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely not

If your moving somewhere else, it is your responsibility to research your new home and do your best to integrate into the new society, they shouldn't have to bend over backwards to accommodate you.
    You mean like what happened In China, Most of of Africa, South America and parts of Eastern Europe, a Hell just through in just about ALL of Asia too. People migrate typically out of need rather than just want, and the people moving where they want, shouldn't need to bend over backwards and do any special chores either.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I'm of the belief that you should adapt to the laws and customs of the country you are moving/immigrating to, not demand that they adapt to yours.
    This right here. I don't hate immigrants, I dislike the ones that refuse to adjust to their "new home" I wouldn't go to France and expect them to speak only English and print everything a second time so I could understand what I was reading. I would learn french or gtfo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I chose: I don't mind immigrants, regardless of adjusting to our culture

As long as they do not bother others, cultural assimilation is not a prerequisite for me to like them.

For instance, I like people from Japan, their culture is different from ours. But generally, they do not force their culture on others.
    I can somewhat agree with you. The only time them not adjusting is a problem for me is when they begin to try and force Us to adjust to them and make special attempts to make them more comfortable by speaking their language or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean like what happened In China, Most of of Africa, South America and parts of Eastern Europe, a Hell just through in just about ALL of Asia too. People migrate typically out of need rather than just want, and the people moving where they want, shouldn't need to bend over backwards and do any special chores either.

Why not? Everyone else have had a lifetime to learn the culture, norms and laws to function in their society - why shouldn't an outsider allowed to settle there be expected to put in the effort to assimilate some as well? Not necessarily change their culture, but at least respect the boundaries and expectations of the culture they've emigrated to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    [/B]

Why not? Everyone else have had a lifetime to learn the culture, norms and laws to function in their society - why shouldn't an outsider allowed to settle there be expected to put in the effort to assimilate some as well? Not necessarily change their culture, but at least respect the boundaries and expectations of the culture they've emigrated to.
    Because that is the nature of humanity, no one person or group owns the planet regardless to what is put on paper, you wont live forever, and those after you aren't especially entitled to any special privilege either. Not unless you want to extend that kind of thinking to all, which if that is a case, we need wot get a calculator and start figuring the interest on the reparations people from a lot of different backgrounds are owed.

Personally me, I just believe in treating everybody decently unless there is some good reason not to, I don't care where people migrate from or what language they speak as long as they are actually working and applying themselves and being a good citizen great, and if they aren't they should be checked like anybody else, without any special condition on where they migrated from.

How am I putting word in your mouth, you just got done saying you hate apologize more than you hate migrants, that migrate and want to recreate conditions that turned where they came from into a place they are leaving.

Or you plan to moonwalk back away from that too, because I pointed out you said it?

I am just saying that I am glad the people you call apologist are there, because your view of immigrants should be kept in check because it is nothing that even sort of approaches reality.
    Hmmm, how did you know I could moonwalk.

I think you're deliberately taking what I said out of context.

I dislike people who make exuses for immigrants that come to a nation, and bring their cultural baggage while making no attempt to intregate into the host culture baggage Including antiquated views on Women etc etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    People just want shit to be easy and immigrants who don't adjust just make life difficult. It's the reason almost every business in the US has to have someone on staff who speaks Spanish because everyone once in a while someone comes in who can only speak Spanish, and you need a Spanish-speaking representative to serve them. That shit is annoying. Or even more annoying are the ones who speak English, but at the level of like a 3 year old and you can barely understand them.

So yeah, if you come here, learn the language. I don't care if you're 45 years old, just do it. YESTERDAY YOU SAID TOMORROW SO JUST...DOOOO...ITTTTTT.

I'd suspect it's a little bit of both.

Also, we gotta dredge up that Putin quote about immigration sooner or later.

Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I do not think having a uniform culture is a good thing. Having a culture that is mixed but able to co-exist, is what we should be trying to achieve.

As long as people except that in public we in the west are secular, that is all that needs to be "assimilated" when someone moves to a western country.

That means you live your life as you see fit, and leave others to do the same.

Having a monoculture should not be the goal.
    HAHA NO!

I don't think one has to find their own culture superior to look at another and say NOPE, I don't want any part of that. Uniformity is underrated.

why not?

If your immigrating to another place, you should respect their home enough to try and become part of it, not live apart from it. All that does is breed resentment on both sides, and encourages poverty.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind either.

Immigrants are immigrants.

Immigrants who refuse who "change", so to speak, go nowhere. WHen they blame society in spite of them resisting to make changes, it's kind of sad.

Doesn't effect me none. As long as the resources are there for them, If they don't utilize, that's on them.

Could you better define what you would consider a immigrant that has adjusted to the culture, the specific criteria, so that I may more accurately express my opinion?

The way I see your poll question now, adjusting to the host nations culture and being a productive member of the host nation you live in, aren't mutually exclusive. You touch on the subject a little bit in your original post stating that it involves working and speaking the language but I wouldn't consider the former (having a job) as a part of culture.

As for speaking the language, I believe it is a great boon in helping a person succeed in a country but I can also see the struggle of first wave immigrants to change there dialect, resulting in not being as fluent in the language as other citizens. However if they are able to hold down a job and provide for there families without mastery of the most common language spoken in your country (my country lacks a official national one) I do not see that as a major problem.
    Last edited by Nilil; 2015-06-18 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Spelling error. Probably more, sorrys

I don't really hate very many people. I don't hate even unintegrated, unproductive immigrants. Perhaps resent a bit, but not hate.

I admire the hell out of productive immigrants. It's a lot harder than just being born in a first world country.