Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weird behavior I can't figure out...

Have you ever seen somebody on a daily basis, and most of the time you greet each other, but then sometimes that person will see you dead eye and just say nothing when you greet them. It just seems like odd behavior. It would be like somebody saying "hi" to you and you just completely ignore them, but the next day say "hi" back. It's not even like having a bad day thing. Just an odd situation.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Have you ever seen somebody on a daily basis, and most of the time you greet each other, but then sometimes that person will see you dead eye and just say nothing when you greet them. It just seems like odd behavior. It would be like somebody saying "hi" to you and you just completely ignore them, but the next day say "hi" back. It's not even like having a bad day thing. Just an odd situation.
    I have an stranger behaviour. Sometimes I'm so deep in my thinking, that I'm walking, looking, but I'm not paying attention to the world around me.
    But, sometimes, people ignore my hello, and I get very angry and sad and rejected. Very selfish of my part.

But yeah, sometimes people aren't paying attention at all.
    Sometimes they are, and they just look at you, like "I'm not your friend, bro.", and then you just continue to walk away.
    Sometimes I think they think I'm saying hello to someone else...

Human interactions are weird.

Deleted
    No. 10char

10+ Year Old Account
    its called add.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Maybe it's her time of the month.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    I have an stranger behaviour. Sometimes I'm so deep in my thinking, that I'm walking, looking, but I'm not paying attention to the world around me.
    But, sometimes, people ignore my hello, and I get very angry and sad and rejected. Very selfish of my part.

But yeah, sometimes people aren't paying attention at all.
    Sometimes they are, and they just look at you, like "I'm not your friend, bro.", and then you just continue to walk away.
    Sometimes I think they think I'm saying hello to someone else...

Human interactions are weird.
    It's different then that. I'm saying this guy is a friend of the family, not a close one, but somebody we always greet. This guy saw me. Eye contact and everything. I'm not taking it personally. It's just weird. Like if your other half looked at you one day and acted like she didn't recognize you.

Sometimes I like to mix it up, I'll walk by and say hi one day, the next I might crab-walk by.

And another day I might just stand in the hallway, my member obviously fully erect, and make hooting and hollering sounds while making ceaseless, unblinking eye contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Maybe it's her time of the month.
    It's actually a guy. He's homosexual, but that shouldn't really matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if it's a "I'm not your friend bro" case. I'm absolutely fine with that. Just choose already. The guy invited me up to his apt. A couple weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Since greetings typically function to inform someone of your presence, in situations where it should be obvious that we're both aware of the presence of each other without a greeting, I generally ignore all greetings unless I want to interact with that person right that second.
    This. Sorry if I'm to busy to stop the presses and say good morning to the same assholes I see everyday, as soon as they walk into the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodactyl View Post
    This. Sorry if I'm to busy to stop the presses and say good morning to the same assholes I see everyday, as soon as they walk into the office.
    This is by my apt, and I'm far from an ass. Also like I said to say "hi" 90% of the time. Then say nothing when unoccupied just walking down the street. "Hi" is seriously hard for people? If so fine, but the erratic behavior is what is confusing me. Some people you don't miss an opportunity to greet. Some the feeling to not greet is mutual, but what this guy does is strange. Best friend one day. Then "I don't know you" the next.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2015-06-18 at 11:12 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Could just be having a bad day and is subconsciously taking it out on everyone. It does happen.

It's actually a guy. He's homosexual, but that shouldn't really matter.
    maybe it does matter...

are you saying "hi" or "hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"?

cause the gays might not respond too well to the second one

other than that... people sometimes simply just dont answer because they are caught off guard, think they already said hi, or are busy

Another possibility is that it's the guy's evil twin.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    maybe it does matter...

are you saying "hi" or "hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"?

cause the gays might not respond too well to the second one
    I said "hi, how are you" to be exact. I thought maybe he had a thing for me and just didn't want to say anything inappropriate to me because he knows I'm married. Like I said he did try to invite just me to his apt one time. I didn't go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Could just be having a bad day and is subconsciously taking it out on everyone. It does happen.
    I totally get that, but if that is me and I know somebody is extending an olive branch. I muster up at least a hi.

I said "hi, how are you" to be exact. I thought maybe he had a thing for me and is just didn't want to say anything inappropriate to me because he knows I'm married. Like I said he did try to invite just me to his apt one time. I didn't go.
    well.. there you go.. you pissed him off...

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    well.. there you go.. you pissed him off...
    Well that sucks then. I literally can't be friends with a gay guy because most of the time they try and peruse. In my mind I thought it was no big deal, but I suppose he could have took it badly. He has been single forever.

I hate awkward interactions, but I guess I'll just let him greet first if he wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tja he could literally be short sighted.
    No contacts or glasses -> cant make out faces unless they walk really close.
    Its really fucking awkward when you bet wrong and think you reckognice somone. So eventually you choose not to say anything when in doubt, even if your 99% sure the person is somone you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Tja he could literally be short sighted.
    No contacts or glasses -> cant make out faces unless they walk really close.
    Its really fucking awkward when you bet wrong and think you reckognice somone. So eventually you choose not to say anything when in doubt, even if your 99% that is somone you know.
    He does wear glasses good point.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually polite and will always say Hi to someone I know when I walk past.

Some days if I feel like shit I'll just ignore everything around me or just give a caveman grunt as acknowledgment.

Peoples behaviour towards you is not always based on YOU, sometimes it is just them not feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I'm usually polite and will always say Hi to someone I know when I walk past.

Some days if I feel like shit I'll just ignore everything around me or just give a caveman grunt as acknowledgment.

Peoples behaviour towards you is not always based on YOU, sometimes it is just them not feeling it.
    I'm aware of that. I'm not even close to a self centered person. It's just an odd pattern I couldn't figure out. Usually I have good intuition with people. This one guy I couldn't read well.