Deleted

Shamans! What advice would you give to someone who is new to Healing at 100?

I got my shaman to level 100 a few months ago, but only just picked up healing. I'm not going to heal in an organized setting, only through LFR and LFG. What advice would you give to me?

I'm currently in the prep step: UI, setting up my bars, talents and rotations. I'm looking for any advice on how to play shamans, and on healing in general. I read the Icy Veins guide already, but I can't focus on the guide on this forum because of how it's formatted.

Deleted
    Time spend on Icy Veins or Noxxic is a waste of time. Check youtube for better guides and a more personal approach.

I would recommend that you start using ElvUI for your UI set-up. Download weakauras and search this forum for a good restoration setup (google: weak aura resto shaman.) If you dont understand the addons please go to youtube and search for a tutorial.

Keybind your spells so you dont have to click, Clique is a mouseover addon which can help you setup. Other addons are Vudho, Healbot they could be more usefull in LFR and LFG.

This may look like alot of work but will make healing much more fun, the better you preform the more fun you have imo. This wil also be a decent setup if you would like to raid on Normal difficulty if you use the raidfinder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatebeard View Post
    Time spend on Icy Veins or Noxxic is a waste of time. Check youtube for better guides and a more personal approach.

I would recommend that you start using ElvUI for your UI set-up. Download weakauras and search this forum for a good restoration setup (google: weak aura resto shaman.) If you dont understand the addons please go to youtube and search for a tutorial.

Keybind your spells so you dont have to click, Clique is a mouseover addon which can help you setup. Other addons are Vudho, Healbot they could be more usefull in LFR and LFG.

This may look like alot of work but will make healing much more fun, the better you preform the more fun you have imo. This wil also be a decent setup if you would like to raid on Normal difficulty if you use the raidfinder.
    I'm new to healing at level 100, not new to healing entirely. I healed at levels 80, 85 and 90 as well.

I'd recommend using Healing Rain!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Ok, then your set for healing in LFR. I would not recommend using healing tide, although its really fun to heal with, the LFR players dont follow the tactics or any normal behaviour ..

I'm an Enhancer myself, but Healing Tide is such a fun mechanic. I dont recommend it for LFR but you should check it out when you got your hands on a 4 set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, then your set for healing in LFR. I would not recommend using healing tide, although its really fun to heal with, the LFR players dont follow the tactics or any normal behaviour ..

I'm an Enhancer myself, but Healing Tide is such a fun mechanic. I dont recommend it for LFR but you should check it out when you got your hands on a 4 set.
    I think you mean HIGH Tide. Healing Tide is a wonderful ability, and hits everyone in the raid - so it benefits more with larger raid sizes. However, you should still use High Tide. Spirit is easy to get, especially with Mythic Dungeons being accessible. Chain Heal becomes a big part of who you are so buffing it to that extent is more than more worth it. There really is no reason not to choose it.

Deleted
    Yeah High Tide, my bad. The only reason I would not choose it, is player behaviour in LFR.

Log every raid you do and upload it to WarcraftLogs, even LFR runs. Don't rely on guildies; get your own account. Check those logs when you have time. They'll let you know how you're actually doing - there's a huge difference between knowing that you should use Healing Stream Totem on cooldown and actually having a 40-50% uptime during a messy pull. It's easy to forget if you actually used both Ascendance and Healing Tide Totem on every fight. It's hard to know if maybe you could have used one or both of them twice (or more) if you popped them a little earlier. With logs you actually know, rather than just guessing at what you're getting right and what you need to get better at.

Things to check include how much mana you have left at the end of fights (and if you can afford to be more aggressive), if you remember to use mana potions properly (before you go OOM), how good your Earth Shield uptime is (aim for ~90%), Healing Stream uptime (aim for ~45%), talent use (any you have; are you actually using them?), how often you're casting Riptide (casts divided by fight duration; should be every 5-6 s), average number of targets hit by Chain Heal, how much effective healing you're actually getting from each use of HTT and Asc, how many times per fight you're using HTT/Asc/SWG/SLT and how often you theoretically could have going by the fight duration, and probably some more stuff that others can fill in.

You don't have to look at all of this after every raid, but try to check up on yourself so you always know of a particular thing you can actively focus on getting better at.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Yeah High Tide, my bad. The only reason I would not choose it, is player behaviour in LFR.
    I disagree with this. Use High Tide even in lfr and even without the four piece bonus. High tide is real good.

In my opinion High Tide is the only level 100 talent. Didn't even bother with CB for cms.
    Hi Sephurik