Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    It's my opinion? How about it's what the law dictates in many states. It's similar to how first-degree murder sentences are different than second-degree murder sentences.
    If I dismember someone and they die from it but it takes some time so they're suffering quite the bit before they die, and if I kill someone with a gun shot to the head, due to them being black.

Which is the worst?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    are we going to fill the forum with incidents of the rare cases of white on black violence while the same forum will silence any one that dares to even mention the more common occurrence of black on white violent crimes
    Depends on the poster. For example, I would be very wary to take any of your posts without a pound of salt, let alone a grain. I would argue that no matter who is the victim, if it is racially-motivated they should receive the same harsh punishment.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I think you are trying to coonect these horriable people with the shitbag Mr. Roof. do you have any evidence to back this connection? Or are you just angry and venting?
    These women are racists that killed black people.
    Roof is a racist that killed black people.

Connection established.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Why the fuck did the women who were there that night get shorter sentences then the guy who wasn't there on the night somebody was killed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    2011 news messed up yes but old news.
    The crime happened in 2011. The Sentencing happened this year.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Post it... You have the same ability to post anyone else and I have seen you start threads, so it's not like you don't know how. Just say this is awful and go start a thread... Otherwise, you are just excusing this behavior as a forum trend...
    you are kidding correct?
    you can not post crime stats from the FBI with out getting an infraction don't believe so just go over to the Charleston church shooting thread and see for your self

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this at all sensationalism? Because you don't agree with the story? I am sorry nobody asked if someone dying is worthwhile of a story for you before they published it.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? *pokes your forehead* Engage said device please. It's a news story covering an event from 4 years ago that happens to push the hot button of race relations right now. That is the very definition of sensationalistic journalism.

Not to mention dailymail's reputation of course...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    If I dismember someone and they die from it but it takes some time so they're suffering quite the bit before they die, and if I kill someone with a gun shot to the head, due to them being black.

Which is the worst?
    Strawman fallacy. If you really need to build up a different scenario just to try to prove your point, it just shows that you're wrong, if not at the least on its basis. But I'll take the bait for the sake of humor. Both would be considered worse in their own category. However, it is still difficult to compare the two; You don't compare Usain Bolt to Michael Phelps, even if they are the fastest at their category.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    These women are racists that killed black people.
    Roof is a racist that killed black people.

Connection established.
    They weren't convicted for murder.

U.S. District Judge Henry T. Wingate on Thursday sentenced Shelbie Brooke Richards, 21, of Pearl to eight years in prison on one count each of conspiracy to commit a hate crime and concealing the crime by lying to police.

In a separate hearing earlier Thursday, Wingate also sentenced Sarah Adelia Graves, 22, of Crystal Springs to five years in prison for one count of conspiracy to commit a hate crime.

Conspiracy to commit hate crime, and concealing the crime by lying to the police. Not murder.

- - - Updated - - -

Strawman fallacy. If you really need to build up a different scenario just to try to prove your point, it just shows that you're wrong, if not at the least on its basis. But I'll take the bait for the sake of humor. Both would be considered worse in their own category. However, it is still difficult to compare the two; You don't compare Usain Bolt to Michael Phelps, even if they are the fastest at their category.
    Actions is what makes something bad or worse, not the motivation behind it, which was my point. It's not a "strawman fallacy". You should always put action above motivation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    ARE YOU SERIOUS? *pokes your forehead* Engage said device please. It's a news story covering an event from 4 years ago that happens to push the hot button of race relations right now. That is the very definition of sensationalistic journalism.

You are trying to tell someone they don't know how to read when you failed to do so? The trial and sentencing was less than 2 months ago for the women, and the sentences for the other members of the group are still proceeding. Hence, it is relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    you are kidding correct?
    you can not post crime stats from the FBI with out getting an infraction don't believe so just go over to the Charleston church shooting thread and see for your self
    No, I am not kidding. If you want to start race bait threads based on the color of the people involved, instead of their motive, all power to you. Just know you will be infracted for starting a biased thread...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    The crime happened in 2011. The Sentencing happened this year.
    Thank goodness someone understands why the story was brought up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are trying to tell someone they don't know how to read when you failed to do so? The trial and sentencing was less than 2 months ago for the women, and the sentences for the other members of the group are still proceeding. Hence, it is relevant.
    If there wasn't such issues of race with recent goings-on here in the states, would it be AS relevant?

Not a chance.

I stand by my convictions, just a cheap rise that dailymail is known for.

Yes, the crime happened 4 years ago. But the sentencing for that crime happened just a few months ago

15+ Year Old Account
    Name one country without anti-immigrant, racists people to some extent.

I could go rant about how little black/poor whites lives seem to matter in the US in too many cases as much as I can rant about my own and almost every other EU country having anti-imigrant parties pissing their pants about a 'muslim takeover'.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am not kidding. If you want to start race bait threads based on the color of the people involved, instead of their motive, all power to you. Just know you will be infracted for starting a biased thread...
    +1. Not to mention the fact that by doing so, you (the poster) would be committing the fallacy "Tu quoque" while simultaneously trying to derail the thread. Think about it, you're trying to belittle a mass murder by saying "well they deserved it. Their people did similar things too."

10+ Year Old Account
    If there wasn't such issues of race with recent goings-on here in the states, would it be AS relevant?
    Recent? It's only recent if you just started to notice...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account

Not a chance.

I stand by my convictions, just a cheap rise that dailymail is known for.
    If you want I can link you multiple other sites that have the same "sensationalism".

so what motives do we have posting white on black violence? is that motive any different then posting black on white violence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Recent? It's only recent if you just started to notice...
    Within the last year is recent enough, or should I quote you mentioning when the sentencing hearing was again? Ooooooo...