Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperkut1 View Post
    The new arms set bonuses are very strong!!!

I tested them out on the ptr dummy today and I am doing more dmg then fury on single target, a lot more and that doesnt even count the execute phase. I know fury scales better with weapons and crit but this patch is finally looking good for arms and I can see arms as being on par with fury on single target with mythic gear.

You will be starved of rage with the arms 2 set coz you be spamming mortal strike but because 4 set increases ur rend thick speed, taking taste for blood making u generate like 4.5 rage instead of 3 over sudden death is actually viable choice and from my testing it was better even on single target over sudden death but that doesnt take into account of buff ect so not sure yet in raid environment.
    LOL

10 characters

Deleted
    fury will still be better st and 4+ targets.
    so if youre raiding mythic, you have to play both specs

Everyone can we please stop talking about these changes for like 2 weeks ? Maybe they won't notice us. Maybe ?

This is the most ridiculous set bonuses in all classes i've seen lately. Yes there were some sick bonuses at past, but this one has 0 RNG %100 Sustained dps. Not a proc, not a condition requirment. Amazing on single target. Even more than amazing on two or more targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    LOL

10 characters
    There is nothing to laugh about. Arms is a dream right now. Hopefully the non-believers like yourself will outnumber those who know the true potential of arms. May the forums stay flooded with "omg fury t18 is so bad!!" and "omg glad is my fav why can't it be viable?!?!" and arms can just stay in the shadows until after mythic progression is done.

I'm afraid the dream may not last long, given Blizzard's history of knee jerk nerf bats to Arms when some jack asses start to whine over it

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    There is nothing to laugh about. Arms is a dream right now. Hopefully the non-believers like yourself will outnumber those who know the true potential of arms. May the forums stay flooded with "omg fury t18 is so bad!!" and "omg glad is my fav why can't it be viable?!?!" and arms can just stay in the shadows until after mythic progression is done.
    It is really ironic that you use the word 'potential' to describe Arms, because it is notoriously one of the worst scaling specs in the game. Fun fact; Fury is literally one of the best scaling specs in the entire game. Now with that in mind, one of those two specs gets really, really good with Mythic gear, and the other not quite so much. Which do you think that is? LOL

The set bonuses mean shit for Arms, just like it does for Fury. Fury will be the go-to for single target and bladestorm fights, Arms will be reserved for cleave fights and maybe some encounters where you can Execute cheese. You can bark bullshit all you want, but numbers do not lie, and Arms is still miles behind Fury in sims even after the set bonus buffs.

Deleted
    Arms is still miles behind Fury in sims even after the set bonus buffs.
    And were exactly are you getting those simcraft results with the latest spell buffs if i may ask?Because so far i haven't found any sims that run the new set bonuses so unless i'm blind we'll have to wait a day or two before judging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DoriqQC View Post
    And were exactly are you getting those simcraft results with the latest spell buffs if i may ask?Because so far i haven't found any sims that run the new set bonuses so unless i'm blind we'll have to wait a day or two before judging.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...crafts_for_62/

That apparently takes the new set bonuses into account. Fury ahead on singletarget by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post

That apparently takes the new set bonuses into account. Fury ahead on singletarget by far.
    That's the old one still from a awhile ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post

Seen that before but was too lazy to scroll down and see it had the latest PTR build in the results, now i just need to find a 0-2/0-4/2-4 tier piece gain for each spec and preferably for all classes, if you come along one let me know (Not https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...k-c/edit#gid=0 the values there are oudated)

Really? Linking to reddit? Do new people only visit one thread in these forums?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Really? Linking to reddit? Do new people only visit one thread in these forums?
    If you come across one of the spreadsheets i requested earlier Archi be kind enough to throw me a link (referring to my latest post).

Is there somewhere you can get Tier 18 to test it on the PTR?

7+ Year Old Account
    My only problem with these buffs is that it seriously devalues crit for fury.

PS: I don't go on the ptr much, is there a way to get the t18 set to test with it?
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

That Reddit post is based on the MMO champion ptr some from 2 days ago, not the most recent changes that went love yesterday. It is most certainly not an accurate representation of the arms and fury changes, and we will have to wait until either tonight or tomorrow for the proper results.

LOL

10 characters
    very helpful post. glad you did that.

Deleted
    It is really ironic that you use the word 'potential' to describe Arms, because it is notoriously one of the worst scaling specs in the game. Fun fact; Fury is literally one of the best scaling specs in the entire game. Now with that in mind, one of those two specs gets really, really good with Mythic gear, and the other not quite so much. Which do you think that is? LOL

The set bonuses mean shit for Arms, just like it does for Fury. Fury will be the go-to for single target and bladestorm fights, Arms will be reserved for cleave fights and maybe some encounters where you can Execute cheese. You can bark bullshit all you want, but numbers do not lie, and Arms is still miles behind Fury in sims even after the set bonus buffs.
    Look at tier 17 arms 2 set, and compare it to this new tier, u get shitty proc for 10 seconds that reduces mortal strike cd and now tier 18 has that basically you have no cd on mortal strike all the time. That is just a huge buff to single target dps, ur mortal strike does like 50 % of ur dmg now and dont forget the massive execute phase. you clearly havent tested anything out but just being negative. It doesnt matter if fury scales better, its the last raid tier.
    I further tested it on dummy with fully raid buffed(il 700ish) and i still do more dmg then fury on single target and ofc it will when mortal strike does like 40k dmg and you can spam it on top of collosus smash shread.

Before - http://i.imgur.com/TMVDrUD.png

After - http://i.imgur.com/Oh45fmw.png

Edit: Mage sims are wrong in my links. Mage sim in my links were done with 715 ring while all other profiles are using the new ring.
    Last edited by Cleyvan; 2015-06-20 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleyvan View Post
    Thank you. Finally an actual useful post regarding the topic.

Deleted
    I will wait for the official simcraft results before i make any assumptions.