Deleted

Looking for Protection Warrior Stat Weights in Numbers

Hi there,

as 6.2 will be hitting the servers next week I'm looking for (exact) stat weights for my protection warrior to edit the custom weights of askmrrobot.

Currently neither the offensive nor the balanced build provided by askmrrobot are correct because they are neglecting mastery too much. (Correct me if I'm wrong here!)

From Shetlands protection warrior guide I took "Defensive: Bonus Armour > Mastery > Critical Strike=Versatility > Haste > Multistrike." and Icy Veins says the same.

Askmrrobot currently provides these stat weights for their balanced build:

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-274211...ights.jpg.html

and those for their offensive build:

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-274211...t-off.jpg.html

I'm looking for a build that is based around survivability and favors mastery a bit more, as this is our best stat if I'm not mistaken.

Actual numbers to be directly put into the custom weights would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    I don't think really good stat weights can be achieved even with sims tank ratings are not that reliable atleast from my experience

and yes i'm not good at simcraft so could be doable for now i just wing it somewhat

I created the tanking stat weights on AMR -- we used some TMI simulations to generate those back at the start of BRF.

I'm pretty skeptical of how well the simulations are working for 6.2 tanks right now though... so I'll be updating the protection warrior stat weights based on my experience in-game as a prot warrior and the research of other theorycrafters. The new builds will probably favor mastery higher than the current ones, I tend to prefer that strategy for warrior tanking these days. Though crit-heavy is still a viable offensive tanking build if you're into that.

Deleted
    There is no "exact weights" because there are several tank metrics (damage taken per second, TMI, damage per second), and obviously all of them have different stats weight, also it's clearly not linear so every piece of gear, every enchant on your gear modifies these weights

The closest metric to what you want is probably TMI (a metric evaluating the amount of hp you can lose in a 6 seconds burst window ), but it's clearly not an ideal metric since it will probably tell you stamina is the best stat (for obvious reasons)
    You'll need to download simulationcraft, import your char and simulate it (and check some scaling in the options menu), it's quite easy to do by yourself, but it will be in no way really satisfying or completly accurate because every fight is different

The apl for the prot warrior needs updating, and I've had no time. Behaviour around last stand needs to change. And block/barrier synergy needs to change, especially if you're wearing the trinket.

Well, HFC gear surelly favours a mastery build. It mostly eliminates versatility, so that build it out.